Matt Haarms transferring from Purdue

Those schools only reached out doesnt mean haarms is considering any of them

Here’s the plan.
Haarms transfers to Gophers. Sits a year.
Robbins comes in.
Thompson comes in.
Holmgren commits and comes in.
We find a 7ft white guy from Europe or get the Trapp kid to unretire.

We have an all 7ft skinny white guy starting 5. Play a zone. Chet and Treyton can handle the ball and shoot 3s. You force other teams to adjust to this style of play. If nothing else, it would be a fucking riot.

The rest of the league is playing checkers. I’m playing chess

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

"LMU transfer Mattias Markusson down to four options" Minnesota is in the final 3 for the 7-foot-3 grad transfer post

AND WE CAN BUILD THIS THING TOGETHER, STANDING STRONG FOREVER, NOTHING'S STOP US NOW

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

"LMU transfer Mattias Markusson down to four options" Minnesota is in the final 3 for the 7-foot-3 grad transfer post

AND WE CAN BUILD THIS THING TOGETHER, STANDING STRONG FOREVER, NOTHING'S STOP US NOW

How would this work? Only really if Robbins were having to sit a year or Freeman decided to transfer, right? I have to assume we are still going for a guard or a wing with the other scholarship

How would this work? Only really if Robbins were having to sit a year or Freeman decided to transfer, right? I have to assume we are still going for a guard or a wing with the other scholarship

Yeah there's no way we would play those two together, so only way he's coming here is if Robbins has to sit a year or if Markusson's okay with only playing 10-15 minutes per game.

No. Pitino reads this board and saw my dream lineup. Realized he can do it and is doing it.

We don't need guards. We don't need shooters. Want to attack the rim? we have five 7ft'ers. Want to shoot 3s? Ok, shoot over a 7ft'er. Want to press? We'll just lob it to our 7ft'er at half court and beat it. Want to go small? We'll average 1 dunk per possession for 40 minutes.

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

Where are you seeing us in the top 3 for Haarms? I see Ryan James just tweeted we are in the top 3 for Markusson.

EDIT: Never mind, didn’t read closely enough

Where are you seeing us in the top 3 for Haarms? I see Ryan James just tweeted we are in the top 3 for Markusson.

EDIT: Never mind, didn’t read closely enough

FWIW, I don't know if we'd take Markusson unless we don't think Liam will be playing this coming year. Seems kinda redundant. If we got both, I hope Freeman transfers.

Would not be in the final 3 if we were not on him...Could redshirt Freeman next season if he does not transfer. Interesting scenario going after a couple bigs now..unless there is a transfer out on the horizon

Would not be in the final 3 if we were not on him...Could redshirt Freeman next season if he does not transfer. Interesting scenario going after a couple bigs now..unless there is a transfer out on the horizon
I think Freeman is the kind of guy who could benefit from sitting for a year and focusing on his development. I would not mind if this happened.

I was hoping Freeman would redshirt last season. I think it could do wonders for him

I think Freeman is the kind of guy who could benefit from sitting for a year and focusing on his development. I would not mind if this happened.
Bingo, I agree, I like Freeman and think he could be a good player but I think he would benefit more than most from a redshirt year. He has been playing BB for such a relatively short period of time I think he needs more time to develop his potential. Please Freeman, stay and redshirt if you can.

I don't think any of us would mind. The question is would he mind.

Bingo, I agree, I like Freeman and think he could be a good player but I think he would benefit more than most from a redshirt year. He has been playing BB for such a relatively short period of time I think he needs more time to develop his potential. Please Freeman, stay and redshirt if you can.
Redshirts are a thing of the past. He can contribute next year.

That list must be his top 17, plus the Gophers who he’s not really considering but kept on his list to string gopher fans along.

Wow the conspiracy to string along Gopher fans is now Nationwide - alert the OTB as maybe they can crack the case and end this cruel misery we continually endure.

Redshirts are a thing of the past. He can contribute next year.
Seriously , several elit programs make use of them. Hell , one of the most gifted transfers available is insisting on sitting out no matter the ruling because he wants the upside. UVA redshirted their best freshman this year, his choice !

Seriously , several elit programs make use of them. Hell , one of the most gifted transfers available is insisting on sitting out no matter the ruling because he wants the upside. UVA redshirted their best freshman this year, his choice !
What you say is true. But with the proliferation of transfers, especially grad transfers, I think more and more coaches will see redshirting as paying for a year of scholarship that some other coach might very well cash in down the line.

What you say is true. But with the proliferation of transfers, especially grad transfers, I think more and more coaches will see redshirting as paying for a year of scholarship that some other coach might very well cash in down the line.
Certainly a factor but the programs that are regaled as development factories appeal to kids with late growth spurts and or academically driven. They also catch kids they recruited on the 2nd go around who realize the value in a extra year. 5 FOR 4 is best but 4 for 3, 3 for 2 and 2-1 is fine as well.

Remember Granville Waiters or as we called him Grandpa - he looked evety bit of 35 when playing fott the Buckeyes.
I don't as I'm a little too young but just looked him up and you're right. Crazy!

Guys like Cardinal and Settles just seemed like they played forever. Evan Eschmeyer as well.

I wonder if our offer is still even committable? If he did take our last scholarship, I think Robbins would sit out the year.

Here’s the plan.
Haarms transfers to Gophers. Sits a year.
Robbins comes in.
Thompson comes in.
Holmgren commits and comes in.
We find a 7ft white guy from Europe or get the Trapp kid to unretire.

We have an all 7ft skinny white guy starting 5. Play a zone. Chet and Treyton can handle the ball and shoot 3s. You force other teams to adjust to this style of play. If nothing else, it would be a fucking riot.

The rest of the league is playing checkers. I’m playing chess

Haarms is a grad transfer, so he won't be sitting.

Haarms just doesn't seems like a good fit here. I got him behind Robbins if he does commit here. I'm thinking waiver is gonna pass so all kids can play. I'd like to see Peterson or other guard/wing at this point. Not planning on a Walton commit.

Top Bottom