Marcus Carr declares for NBA Draft

Looks like he announced on Instagram says he wants to go but not hiring an agent

Marcus should stay in college and find a career afterward.

Didn't he do this last year? We all had a good laugh and then he deleted the tweet?

Can’t imagine he’ll stay in but he’s got the talent to find a way onto an NBA roster at some point, just about rounding out his game. I have wondered whether he would stay for a potential 5th year senior season...part of me doubts it. Especially with Pitino potentially being on the way out after next season, there’s a chance this is Carr’s last year here.

Ironically, it would be for sending two guys to the nba earlier than anyone expected.
True. But we're 9-22 bad without Carr. And he sounds determined to stay in even if he doesn't get picked.

Last year 233 players declared for the NBA Draft. Kids make dumb choices all the time. Then again, some people probably enjoy playing in some fledgling overseas league over going to college.

If he's gone, this team will rival the team from McBrayer and Murphy's FR season.

True. But we're 9-22 bad without Carr. And he sounds determined to stay in even if he doesn't get picked.
"However, during this process ... " I don't see any one thing that is going to get him drafted and he is keeping his options open. Carr seeing how it turned out for Coffey even when he wasn't drafted is my biggest worry.

If he does in fact stay in the draft, I believe the operative term for next year is probably “dumpster fire”. I can’t wait to hear all the Pitino apologists spin this into an excuse as to how he can’t be held accountable for his roster.

If Carr stays and plays a bunch next year, I think he has potential to get drafted. But this year? I’m not an NBA draft expert, but I just don’t see it.

"However, during this process ... " I don't see any one thing that is going to get him drafted and he is keeping his options open. Carr seeing how it turned out for Coffey even when he wasn't drafted is my biggest worry.
It only takes one team to blow smoke up your ***. If you could come back after the draft like Voshon Leonard did, that would be different.

Highly likely that Coffey had a promise from the Clippers that they would give him the two way contract if he went undrafted. I don't think he went into the draft believing he would be drafted or guessing about what might happen. He knew exactly what would happen. I'm not a pro expert, but I highly doubt Marcus gets the same deal. Weirdest thing about this is that the whole process is up in the air and it's highly unlikely he gets in person opportunities to show his skills. The evaluation will probably be based on film review and any scouting reports they have.

Most irritating part of it is what it might do to any chance at decent spring recruiting. Without Marcus, there is a lot less to sell a big man recruit.

I honestly think it's dumb for guys to not see where they are at. and enter McKinley Wright is doing it as well. Just means Jamal Mashburn is the starting PG and go find a back up in the transfer portal. Would suck to lose him earlier than I think we should, but I will judge the roster when it's in its entirety.

I’m sorry guys, I jinxed us. Just yesterday I was talking about the team and said “I don’t even care if we don’t win a game, I just want sports back by then”. I apologize.

I’m sorry guys, I jinxed us. Just yesterday I was talking about the team and said “I don’t even care if we don’t win a game, I just want sports back by then”. I apologize.

Nice job, Jonah.;)
People understand that declaring for the draft means absolutely nothing, right? If he was truly intent on leaving, he would hire an agent, and if he does hire an agent, he can still come back.

He will be back.

I like your certitude, but I don't share it. Way too many guys in his age bracket make bad decisions. I don't blame the young man for getting the input, etc. but I question how much he will get and what it will be worth in this once in a lifetime year.

People understand that declaring for the draft means absolutely nothing, right? If he was truly intent on leaving, he would hire an agent, and if he does hire an agent, he can still come back.

He will be back.

They can hire agents now, just has to be ones approved by the NCAA. The feedback they get from NBA scouts and personal is priceless. Anyone with a shot should test the waters for that alone. You are right though that he is leaving the door open which is a good thing.

Ironically, it would be for sending two guys to the nba earlier than anyone expected.

Having two guys go to the NBA earlier than expected...and still being one of the worst teams in the Big 10...

Having two guys go to the NBA earlier than expected...and still being one of the worst teams in the Big 10...

Biggest disappointment of this season was how poorly the record was with the one two punch we had. Serious drop off after that, though.

I question how much he will get and what it will be worth in this once in a lifetime year.

He will get valuable feedback on what to work on, and most importantly, they will tell him to go back to school, which he will certainly do.

He will get valuable feedback on what to work on, and most importantly, they will tell him to go back to school, which he will certainly do.

Agreed on the feedback but how are they going to give it if we are on an effective travel ban until late May, which seems more and more likely?

Top Bottom