Kobe King transfer rumors?

Wonder if that is why so many Minnesota kids choose the Badgers. They just feel that their game fits better in a slower system. Maybe those kids feel more comfortable going to a system that minimizes athleticism to some extent.
ummm no.

I am going on the GH record as saying this is NOT the reason he is leaving.
'Feels Gard doesnt care for players beyond basketball'

heard he may go D3 to a coach that has ties to European ball

I have zero idea but his reasons like 'coach was using us to win basketball games' doesn't hold water.

Not disagreeing with you, but he does speak pretty firmly. If he's lying, it's pretty bad as he's then throwing other players under the bus by saying they agree with him.

King says reason for leaving is more about how Gard handles his players rather than on court issues. Feels Gard doesnt care for players beyond basketball. Says there are other players who feel similarly.

If he believes this, it sounds like a classic generational/personality issue. Young people today expect and have warmer relationships with coaches, parents, etc. than many in previous generations had. Sounds like, "You don't care for me because you are at work all the time." "Of course I care for you. That's why I am at work all the time." This isn't judgment. It's a different world now. Many in this generation prefer a softer relational style.

Good luck to the kid. If he's miserable after this long in the program, he owes it to himself to seek out something else.

If he believes this, it sounds like a classic generational/personality issue. Young people today expect and have warmer relationships with coaches, parents, etc. than many in previous generations had. Sounds like, "You don't care for me because you are at work all the time." "Of course I care for you. That's why I am at work all the time." This isn't judgment. It's a different world now. Many in this generation prefer a softer relational style.

Good luck to the kid. If he's miserable after this long in the program, he owes it to himself to seek out something else.
Could be that he felt that Gard misrepresented himself in the recruiting process.

King needs what he considers to be a more supportive coach. He has the right to leave which is a good thing but has spent a lot of time verbalizing his reasons.
King has had a frustrating time secondary to injuries, the WI team like many others in the BIG has lost games they feel they should have won, were humiliated at Purdue, it is a long grueling season etc.
I think losing the assistant Moore to that tragic accident has changed the locker room atmosphere for some players.
Izzo is very hard on his players during the game but few or none have quit because of that.

King needs what he considers to be a more supportive coach. He has the right to leave which is a good thing but has spent a lot of time verbalizing his reasons.
King has had a frustrating time secondary to injuries, the WI team like many others in the BIG has lost games they feel they should have won, were humiliated at Purdue, it is a long grueling season etc.
I think losing the assistant Moore to that tragic accident has changed the locker room atmosphere for some players.
Izzo is very hard on his players during the game but few or none have quit because of that.

Thanks for the perspective from a true Badgers fan. When are you and Built and Spaulding grabbing your next dinner?

PS. Cant wait til the Gophers ruin your night on Wednesday. ?

Thanks for the perspective from a true Badgers fan. When are you and Built and Spaulding grabbing your next dinner?

The Gophers can not ruin my night no matter if they win or lose Wednesday but they can make it just a bit better by beating UW.

these guys who leave

you are weird.

Top Bottom