Kobe King transfer rumors?

Is he transferring immediately? Sorry, don't want to read through this thread.

LOL. This totally reminds me of a recent conversation with my I.T.

Me: How does this work?
IT: I provided you with a short tutorial, didn't you read it?
Me: No. I didn't look at it. Can you give me a little help?
IT: Sigh, I'm in the middle of something. Read the tutorial! CLICK.

Sounds like he is leaving the team and school immediately, but has not announced a destination. I believe that he's a redshirt sophomore in his third year at Madison, so the thought is that he's quitting now so that he'd be eligible second semester next year (after sitting the required year) wherever he ends up and be able to play the rest of that season, plus one more. If he's almost completed a degree, he could also try to finish that up and then grad transfer and be eligible right away at a new school.

Sounds like he is leaving the team and school immediately, but has not announced a destination. I believe that he's a redshirt sophomore in his third year at Madison, so the thought is that he's quitting now so that he'd be eligible second semester next year (after sitting the required year) wherever he ends up and be able to play the rest of that season, plus one more. If he's almost completed a degree, he could also try to finish that up and then grad transfer and be eligible right away at a new school.
I believe he enrolled and played a game in the new semester. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

If that's the case, I don't see why he would quit in the middle of the season.

If that's the case, I don't see why he would quit in the middle of the season.
Trying to graduate would be a reason to stay in school, but not necessarily on the team (if he's that miserable and/or he wants to finish the degree and figures the only way to get that done is to not have the demands of playing basketball in addition to course work).

There has to be more going on, you don't just decide at this point that the program is no longer the right fit unless something has changed

Trying to graduate would be a reason to stay in school, but not necessarily on the team (if he's that miserable and/or he wants to finish the degree and figures the only way to get that done is to not have the demands of playing basketball in addition to course work).
Good points

There has to be more going on, you don't just decide at this point that the program is no longer the right fit unless something has changed

I'm sticking to the theory that he's sick of Davison taking the whole "game (nut) shots at game speed" thing too seriously in practice.

Guessing part of the issue may have been a plan for Tyler Wahl to start in place of Kobe. Reading into the comment...did not like the direction the program was taking. Wahl seemed to provide more rebounding which the badgers needed.

I'm sticking to the theory that he's sick of Davison taking the whole "game (nut) shots at game speed" thing too seriously in practice.
Maybe he thinks Brad likes him too much and is trying to be too friendly!

Guessing part of the issue may have been a plan for Tyler Wahl to start in place of Kobe. Reading into the comment...did not like the direction the program was taking. Wahl seemed to provide more rebounding which the badgers needed.

Yeah or maybe he thought playing in an offense that sometimes scores a total of 15 points in a half isn't going to help him get to the next level and he wanted to play for a team that plays a more modern offensive style.

Yeah or maybe he thought playing in an offense that sometimes scores a total of 15 points in a half isn't going to help him get to the next level and he wanted to play for a team that plays a more modern offensive style.
He definitely had concerns about that. Foolish to my eye as they always said that about Tony Bennett and he has put a whole bunch of guys in the NBA. Jerry West and those guys love players that know how to play. Hell, Dean Smith spent 90% of practice on fundamentals. Of course you have to have talent . King has a long way to go. It is a short term blow to UW.

per the Milwaukee Journal (Jan, 29, 2020)-

In a Twitter back-and-forth with former Badgers guard Zak Showalter, Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro, who de-committed from Wisconsin when he was offered a scholarship by Kentucky prior to the 2018-19 season, said he'd "still be at Wisconsin," and not in the NBA, if he hadn't headed to Kentucky.

It was a relatively civil exchange, starting with a response to Showalter's thinly veiled response to King leaving early with the tweet, "Some play for the name on the back of the jersey, some play for the name on the front," followed by a shrugging emoji.

Herro gave the thumbs down emoji, responding to Showalter that King is making the best decision for himself.

Eventually, Herro wrote, "the states top talent would love to play for Wisconsin but not in that system. I think you can agree?"

Wisconsin plays a very deliberate offense and is ranked 349th in the country out of 353 in possessions per game at 65.6, ahead of only Southern Illinois, Navy, Liberty and Virginia.

In a Twitter back-and-forth with former Badgers guard Zak Showalter, Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro, who de-committed from Wisconsin when he was offered a scholarship by Kentucky prior to the 2018-19 season, said he'd "still be at Wisconsin," and not in the NBA, if he hadn't headed to Kentucky.

It was a relatively civil exchange, starting with a response to Showalter's thinly veiled response to King leaving early with the tweet, "Some play for the name on the back of the jersey, some play for the name on the front," followed by a shrugging emoji.

Herro gave the thumbs down emoji, responding to Showalter that King is making the best decision for himself.

Eventually, Herro wrote, "the states top talent would love to play for Wisconsin but not in that system. I think you can agree?"

Wisconsin plays a very deliberate offense and is ranked 349th in the country out of 353 in possessions per game at 65.6, ahead of only Southern Illinois, Navy, Liberty and Virginia.

A pretty devastating article:

If Wisconsin keeps Gard, they may be looking at a few really down years.

I read that article as well. Also would be fair to put Gard's interview as well.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_3994392d-454f-5f20-ae6f-c97b82b33002.html

Will be very interesting to see if a bunch of guys transfer from UW. That will tell a larger story imo. So far recruits seem unaffected and they have some really solid ones coming on. We will have to see

Badgers 2020 class is 19th in country, 3rd in B1G
They currently have top ranked class in 2021, although that wont stick, but they have 3 4 star kids coming in. MN 1 commit has higher 247 ranking than all though..so we got that goign for us

They currently have top ranked class in 2021, although that wont stick, but they have 3 4 star kids coming in. MN 1 commit has higher 247 ranking than all though..so we got that goign for us
According to 247, WI has 8 commitments in those 2 years. One is ranked in the top 100. Many in that 110-150 range - very nice classes, but "loaded" seems a bit aggressive. Gophers have 3 commitments and 2 are in the top 100...with the other in the top 150.

According to 247, WI has 8 commitments in those 2 years. One is ranked in the top 100. Many in that 110-150 range - very nice classes, but "loaded" seems a bit aggressive. Gophers have 3 commitments and 2 are in the top 100...with the other in the top 150.

Fair enough

The downfall is starting. I thought it would happen sooner when Bo left. I hope they go back to the days of the 80s and early 90s when they were flat terrible.

Any chance of him coming here???? He'd look good on the wing with Carr....was their any interest here when he was in high school????

As BBallJones said....recruiting rankings do not go by average talent. Built will like this. In Gonzaga's 2017 recruiting cycle, they had one commit (Corey Kispert). Four star, nationally ranked 106th player. Because they only had the one commit, their national ranking was 120....good for third in the WCC behind Pepperdine and Santa Clara.

Wonder if that is why so many Minnesota kids choose the Badgers. They just feel that their game fits better in a slower system. Maybe those kids feel more comfortable going to a system that minimizes athleticism to some extent.

King says reason for leaving is more about how Gard handles his players rather than on court issues. Feels Gard doesnt care for players beyond basketball. Says there are other players who feel similarly.

Top Bottom