Keshawn Henderson - UPDATED 2/11: Henderson signs with ODU

Sounds like his father is very interested in having him attend ODU. I have no definitive proof of that, but from reading about this kid, that is the impression that I am getting. I also get the impression that Keshawn would prefer to come to The U.

At this point, the only thing I'm sure about is that his father will not steal his LOI and run away and hide. It just sounds like the family needs to get together on a decision.

And I truly hope wherever he ends up he is very happy with his choice.

Henderson is not listed on ODU's website as signing but they have about 35 commits

Did some digging and found some info on Keshawn on a blog that Harry Hinium writes...

Looks like we still have a shot and he has not signed, but I would say that all signs point to OD right now, but it is not over yet!!

ON KESHAWN HENDERSON

Henderson, a 6-foot-4 wide receiver from Dallas, committed to Old Dominion on Wednesday morning, rejecting an offer from Minnesota. But he did not sign scholarship papers with ODU and likely won’t until Sunday night, said his coach, Elzie Barnett of Wilmer Hutchens High in Dallas.

“He really likes ODU,” he said. “He likes the offense, the coaches.” But Henderson has never been to ODU and will visit the campus this weekend.

Barnett said he likely will sign on Sunday night, when he returns from Dallas.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/sizing-odus-supersized-recruiting-class

Oh we'll...not that big of a deal....we have some pretty good WR's signed.

If Henderson decides he would rather play basketball on grass in front of small crowds, he is not a guy who would help us win in the Big Ten.

ODU averaged 45 points while giving up 30 points per game. They beat New Hampshire by the tidy score of 64-61 and lost to Georgia Southern in the FCS play-offs 49-35. Georgia Southern only completed one pass but they ran 71 times for 602 yards.

On the season, ODU put up over 7,000 yards of total offense in 13 games. They have a great QB at their level and a bad defense.

If Henderson decides he would rather play basketball on grass in front of small crowds, he is not a guy who would help us win in the Big Ten.

ODU averaged 45 points while giving up 30 points per game. They beat New Hampshire by the tidy score of 64-61 and lost to Georgia Southern in the FCS play-offs 49-35. Georgia Southern only completed one pass but they ran 71 times for 602 yards.

On the season, ODU put up over 7,000 yards of total offense in 13 games. They have a great QB at their level and a bad defense.

I don't know if Henderson is any good or not, but there are plenty of WRs playing basketball on grass for FCS schools that would/could help us quite a bit.

I don't know if Henderson is any good or not, but there are plenty of WRs playing basketball on grass for FCS schools that would/could help us quite a bit.

There may be walk-ons at FBS schools that could help us out quite a bit too.:)

My point wasn't to question Henderson's playing ability. I was questioning his make-up/motivation if he actually prefers basketball on grass at a FCS school over a full ride at a BCS school.

Maybe he is being pushed toward ODU by his Dad and maybe he is visiting there to appease his Dad & to better formulate a good reason not to sign there. I don't know. Reaching a decision is often more complex than just balancing a couple of reasons, and there may be a lot more involved here of which we are not aware. I was just trying to make a point.

Keshawn's dad is very happy this evening. I hope Keshawn is also happy.

There may be walk-ons at FBS schools that could help us out quite a bit too.:)

My point wasn't to question Henderson's playing ability. I was questioning his make-up/motivation if he actually prefers basketball on grass at a FCS school over a full ride at a BCS school.

Maybe he is being pushed toward ODU by his Dad and maybe he is visiting there to appease his Dad & to better formulate a good reason not to sign there. I don't know. Reaching a decision is often more complex than just balancing a couple of reasons, and there may be a lot more involved here of which we are not aware. I was just trying to make a point.
Disagree. ODU is a very good academic school and it may be a better fit for the kid. Sometimes kids simply want to go play for the best FB program possible regardless of any other factors while their parents may realize that the size of the FB program isn't the only thig that should be factored into the decision about where to spend the next 4-5 years of their life

Top Bottom