Keshawn Henderson - UPDATED 2/11: Henderson signs with ODU

Just so you know, Estime's name change has been discussed on this board many times before.

That is why this site often feels like a soap opera. You can come back a month later and see the same discussion going on. That is especially true when it comes to recruiting. Recruiting star system, the gift that keeps on giving.

That is why this site often feels like a soap opera. You can come back a month later and see the same discussion going on. That is especially true when it comes to recruiting. Recruiting star system, the gift that keeps on giving.

I have been very disappointed with the lack of discussion about 40 yard dash times.

Ran across this from an Old Dominion article dated today.

"ODU also has made a late pitch to Keshawn Henderson, a 6-4 receiver from Dallas who until recently had scholarship offers from Texas Christian and Arkansas, according to ESPN. Those schools and others dropped off after getting commitments from other players.

Henderson visited Minnesota last week and will visit ODU this weekend. He likely will decide between those schools next week, said Elzie Barnett, his coach at Wilmer-Hutchins High School."

Ran across this from an Old Dominion article dated today.

"ODU also has made a late pitch to Keshawn Henderson, a 6-4 receiver from Dallas who until recently had scholarship offers from Texas Christian and Arkansas, according to ESPN. Those schools and others dropped off after getting commitments from other players.

Henderson visited Minnesota last week and will visit ODU this weekend. He likely will decide between those schools next week, said Elzie Barnett, his coach at Wilmer-Hutchins High School."

Assuming he can get into school, I don't see any way he chooses ODU over Minnesota.

His QB would be good in case of a drought. What a rainmaker. Have never seen a guy loop the ball like that.

Would like to see whatever needs to happen happen so this kid gets/accepts our offer.

apparently he has received an offer and an LOI. Dad wants him to visit ODU but he wants to sign with us today. We will have to wait and see.

Did you just get off the phone with Mrs. Henderson? Good digging!

Doesn't say he signed with them yet, and his h.s. coach said he hasn't signed anywhere.

I do believe you are in denial. I have no idea if what the guy reported is true but he pretty clearly says twice Henderson signed. It's the theme of the story!

I do believe you are in denial. I have no idea if what the guy reported is true but he pretty clearly says twice Henderson signed. It's the theme of the story!

Actually, it clearly says commitment. He hasn't signed yet. Even ODU's offical signing day page doesn't have him listed, you'd think they'd have that up to snuff.

"Keshawn Henderson, a 6-4 wide receiver from Dallas, committed to ODU late Tuesday night, reported ESPN. Elzie Barnett, Henderson’s coach at Wilmer Hutchins High School, wasn’t immediately available for comment."

"Signing Henderson would be a rare victory for ODU over a Big Ten school. Henderson would give ODU a tool it doesn’t have – a tall receiver with great jumping ability to run a fade route.

Henderson is a highly-recruited player who had offers from Arkansas, Texas Christian and Kansas. Those schools withdrew their offers after signing other players. He caught 33 passes for 673 yards and 18 touchdowns, averaging 20.4 yards per catch."

Both of those indicate he's not signed.

Where does it say he signed? "Signing Henderson would be a rare victory for ODU over a Big Ten school." It said he committed. I don't see the wording that he signed his LOI, they said the other guy did, but they didn't specifically say Henderson did.

"Keshawn Henderson, a 6-4 wide receiver from Dallas, committed to ODU late Tuesday night, reported ESPN."

You can't sign on Tuesday night. "committed" is a key word. Hope is not lost... yet.

It says he committed Tuesday evening. Before he could officially sign. De'Vondre Campbell was "committed" to KState, but we now know how that turned out.

He may very well end up at ODU, but it is not yet official.

Wow...talk about chumming the waters with these sharks swimming around (me included)!

I always find it interesting when people think the words "signed" and "committed" are the same thing.

No...per article, "eshawn Henderson, a 6-4 wide receiver from Dallas, committed to ODU late Tuesday night, reported ESPN."

You can't sign on Tuesday night.

"Henderson is expected to visit ODU this weekend...Signing Henderson would be a rare victory for ODU over a Big Ten school."

Notice the future tense.

Sounds like the kid wants to go there, but it's not official.

And then again maybe I can't read. He certainly implies Henderson signed with the headline and makng him the lead of the story but tap dances with "all 23 expected faxes", leaving an opening for Henderson who wasn't expected. So maybe there is hope?

Dang

And then again maybe I can't read. He certainly implies Henderson signed with the headline and makng him the lead of the story but tap dances with "all 23 expected faxes", leaving an opening for Henderson who wasn't expected. So maybe there is hope?

I responded without reading all the ammo you guys wrote. Wow, you guys are vicious. lol

All you say is true. All I'm saying is breezing through without disecting it, the writer wanted readers to believe Henderson WAS part of the class. Not might be.

Sorry, but we did have some fun. I am bloody though.

Top Bottom