Keshawn Henderson - UPDATED 2/11: Henderson signs with ODU

forestlaker

Reaction score
Ryan Burns has him visiting this past weekend. He looks like he was a 3 star recruit even as a junior. Anyone know why he has no offers? Grades or behavior issues? Tape looks good both as a receiver and a saftey.

Ryan Burns has him visiting this past weekend. He looks like he was a 3 star recruit even as a junior. Anyone know why he has no offers? Grades or behavior issues? Tape looks good both as a receiver and a saftey.

This is the great mystery, he appears to have gone into a bermuda triangle after his Sr. year began and fell out of the sky this past weekend. Google turned up nothing for me.

This is a good example of a southern athlete who gets 'pushed' to a place like Minnesota.

Jerry Kill has to then decide if he wants to ignore the skeletons in the closet (best not to look?)...sometimes difficult NOT using any means necessary to close the talent gap.

This is a good example of a southern athlete who gets 'pushed' to a place like Minnesota.

Jerry Kill has to then decide if he wants to ignore the skeletons in the closet (best not to look?)...sometimes difficult NOT using any means necessary to close the talent gap.

Delatavious McGhee would be another.

Apparently, a late qualifier.

Apparently, a late qualifier.

He could be a steal, big dude that can really go up and bring down the ball. Speed is decent for his size. Wisconsin and TT were supposedly sniffing around late.

We moved up to his highest interest at some point today. Every school was even when I first saw it this morning.

In the article on GI Henderson says that if he gets an offer, which depends on if his transcripts line up for acceptance (he said he will know tonight), he will sign with us on Wednesday.

In the article on GI Henderson says that if he gets an offer, which depends on if his transcripts line up for acceptance (he said he will know tonight), he will sign with us on Wednesday.

Fantastic news. Seems like a real player.

This is a weird thread, he has a lot of offers as Gopherprof pointed out.

This is a weird thread, he has a lot of offers as Gopherprof pointed out.

It's definitely a strange situation but basically no one thought he was going to qualify until just recently and we managed to get him up here quick for a visit. He loved the visit and the rest is history.

It's definitely a strange situation but basically no one thought he was going to qualify until just recently and we managed to get him up here quick for a visit. He loved the visit and the rest is history.

No, I don't think his recruitment is weird. I think it's weird that some of the people are implying that he doesn't have offers. He has a lot of offers, like Gopherprof said, it's hard to tell which are current and still open, but he's a guy who has been recruited pretty hard this year.

Rivals has: Arkansas, Houston, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State and TCU as offering.
Scout has: Tennessee, Houston and Mississippi State as offering.

No, I don't think his recruitment is weird. I think it's weird that some of the people are implying that he doesn't have offers. He has a lot of offers, like Gopherprof said, it's hard to tell which are current and still open, but he's a guy who has been recruited pretty hard this year.

Rivals has: Arkansas, Houston, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State and TCU as offering.

Oh, I gotcha. although I do think that his recruitment has been pretty strange. Even if he is this late of a qualifier it still seems strange that that many programs wanted him and we were able to swoop in in December (that's when he said we started talking to him) and snatch him up. You would think those other programs would have at least kept an eye on him.

I think he was recruited pretty hard early on, I heard he was one of the best players at the Mississippi State camp. I think most schools backed off due to grades and filled up. I think he would've visited some other schools who had already offered if he was still being pursued hard. Why would his only visit go to a school who hasn't even offered yet if those schools were still interested?

I think he was recruited pretty hard early on, I heard he was one of the best players at the Mississippi State camp. I think most schools backed off due to grades and filled up. I think he would've visited some other schools who had already offered if he was still being pursued hard. Why would his only visit go to a school who hasn't even offered yet if those schools were still interested?

Oh no, I agree with you that something was up. I wasn't really bashing the people who were questioning anything about him, I just thought it was strange that a lot of people were talking about him not having offers. You're probably right with him, I even saw an article with Tennessee talking about him being a part of their class because he shined at their camp.

He sounds like a late qualifier type and I have no issue with our staff taking a chance on this kid. I hate entire classes full of academic risks, but 1 or 2 gambles in a class are perfectly fine (IMO), especially considering this class already has Carter, Wolitarsky and Borchardt (I know, some people don't want me listing a WO, but I think he'll be a player for us).

So we might beat out coach Brew on this one?

I really like that coach Kill and his staff have established their bonafides with academics. They have earned a long leash to go after marginal qualifiers by demonstrating they are interested in the kid and that they won't play him until he gets his stuff straight. It's not unlike Saban if you believe the profiles.

Ps - I have no idea if this young man is a marginal qualifier, just making a general statement.

The only thing that's weird to me is that had was getting that much interest, yet Rivals or ESPN hasn't even evaluated him. Scout has him as a 3-star.

The only thing that's weird to me is that had was getting that much interest, yet Rivals or ESPN hasn't even evaluated him...

Have to agree with this comment by GophersInIowa.
In checking both Scout and Rivals...here is a kid that is supposedly big-time...from a high school on every major programs' radar that puts out big-timers every year...and is allegedly being recruited and offered by SEC heavyweights (Tennessee, Arkansas) and other FBS/AQ schools...and yet, none of these recruiting services have even 'mentioned' him in an article in more than 7 months??!!
McGhee, too...??!!

Should the football gods be thanked that these guys get pushed our way every year? Cuz 'we' can get 'em in?:confused:

In checking both Scout and Rivals...here is a kid that is supposedly big-time...from a high school on every major programs' radar that puts out big-timers every year...and is allegedly being recruited and offered by SEC heavyweights (Tennessee, Arkansas) and other FBS/AQ schools...and yet, none of these recruiting services have even 'mentioned' him in an article in more than 7 months??!!
McGhee, too...??!!

Should the football gods be thanked that these guys get pushed our way every year? Cuz 'we' can get 'em in?:confused:

There's something weird going on here but its probably not the inability to qualify for an SEC school. If, in fact, academics are keeping him out of the SEC, his next step is probably JC not the B1G.

If Kill is taking a shot at him, I'd think he's (Kill) has done his homework. Could the problem be that it's because he's named after Keyshawn Johnson and Ricky Henderson?

I'm just listening to the podcast from last night's GI radio, and they said that he had a test score issue that he just resolved about a month ago, which is when the gophers started recruiting him. As of last night Kill was waiting to figure out if all of his academics were in order before the gophers offered.

McGhee, too...??!!

It's really not as complicated and mysterious as you're trying to make it sound The better programs don't have to deal with guys who aren't sure qualifiers. You saw the same thing with Deniro Laster, it's really not that complicated. It's not that we can get him in, it's that we would be more prone to take the chance of him getting in or not. Tennessee and Arkansas likely moved on, why take the chance when you can get another guy who is as coveted?

There are also quite a few Scout articles about him, one from October and another from August (both within the last 7 months ??!!). There are also articles written by 24/7 sports within the last 7 months.

There are a bunch others from June and July when he was camping with Tennessee and Mississippi State.

As far as this happening every year, I can't really think of a lot of these kinds of guys over the last few years who seemed like late qualifiers. There was Dexter Foreman (who had a lot of writeups throughout his entire senior year), but other than that I can't think of a lot of these types of kids who have been on our radar. We've had Wedley Estime a couple of years ago who seemed like a late qualifier, he committed to us and then decommitted and went to Virgina Tech (and had a really good FR season there).

I could be missing someone, but who are these late qualifiers that you seem to think we're picking up every year?

If Kill is taking a shot at him, I'd think he's (Kill) has done his homework. Could the problem be that it's because he's named after Keyshawn Johnson and Ricky Henderson?

I agree with this, I also think occasionally, you take a chance on a kid. We already have two WRs in this class and a few last year, so I don't mind Kill occasionally taking a risk on a high risk / high reward kind of guy.

There's something weird going on here but its probably not the inability to qualify for an SEC school. If, in fact, academics are keeping him out of the SEC, his next step is probably JC not the B1G.

It's not that, it's issues with requisite test scores (same across the board), that you need with the NCAA clearinghouse. If it was his entire body of academic work, it'd be too late to fix it. If it's a test score issue, that can be resolved late in the process.

The time line would be correct for a December SAT or ACT. If I remember correctly scores from the December tests take about six weeks.

Speaking of Wedley Estime, he apparently changed his name to Dadi Nicolas. Makes me wish he would have signed here even more! Minus the whole felony larceny thing and all.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...h-reinstates-former-atlantic-de-dadi-nicolas/

As far as this happening every year, I can't really think of a lot of these kinds of guys over the last few years who seemed like late qualifiers. There was Dexter Foreman (who had a lot of writeups throughout his entire senior year), but other than that I can't think of a lot of these types of kids who have been on our radar. We've had Wedley Estime a couple of years ago who seemed like a late qualifier, he committed to us and then decommitted and went to Virgina Tech (and had a really good FR season there).

I could be missing someone, but who are these late qualifiers that you seem to think we're picking up every year?

Top Bottom