Jordan Murphy Visit

compared to the other ones I have seen of our other guys...he would be our most dynamic offensive player in the class
by quite a bit, wouldn't he? He is 6'7" as well. I hope he is a Gopher!

No way.

Edit: this is a different video than I ve see. If him, very impressive. I don't know if I would say by quite a bit, but he is quite the player. Anyone saying he's not a huge get at this point in the game is stupid. Likely the One of the 3 best recruit in the last 5 years? Who am I forgetting?

No way.

Edit: this is a different video than I ve see. If him, very impressive. I don't know if I would say by quite a bit, but he is quite the player. Anyone saying he's not a huge get at this point in the game is stupid. Likely the One of the 3 best recruit in the last 5 years? Who am I forgetting?

You're forgetting just how bad much of that defense in the highlight video is. He won't be seeing bad defense like that in the big ten. But the kid looks athletic and has really good potential. I just think Dorsey is better, even when relative to their respective positions.

Now let's hear some positive news...gotta agree it's pretty quiet out there in regards to his visit. Hope it's just the calm before the storm! And thats us storming the court after he signs!!!

C'mon Murphy!

Are we his last visit/ does he have anymore available. Guessing you don't get an additional five for decomiting

Are we his last visit/ does he have anymore available. Guessing you don't get an additional five for decomiting

He has one official left I believe. He took officials to UNLV and VCU in the Fall then Boston College and us so far here in the spring.

Was there anything more to that quote?

Sorry, those were two poorly worded tweets, so I'll try and provide context.

When I talked with him a couple weeks ago, Jordan spoke highly of the Gophers and was genuine about it, which I tweeted. I said that I never thought they had much of a chance because he spoke very highly about Texas, and everything about Texas makes sense for Murphy. It's close to home, he loves everything about Shaka, it's a perfect system fit, etc.

But it's been almost six weeks since Shaka left for Texas, and usually if recruits flip to follow a coach, it happens immediately. I learned yesterday that he didn't have a committable Texas offer (although that could change soon), and that's part of the reason why I said anything can happen with Murphy and the Gophers now.

Hope that cleared some things up. I had this all on Twitter too, but it was in replies to people.

Very Funny!

You're forgetting just how bad much of that defense in the highlight video is. He won't be seeing bad defense like that in the big ten. But the kid looks athletic and has really good potential. I just think Dorsey is better, even when relative to their respective positions.

Like it's not apples to apples. Where the heck do you see good defense in the other recruit's tapes?
I like Dorsey too. He plays hard. He does more things. Murphy can get the lob dunks with coaching...
they are almost impossible to defend run at the right time with right two guys and other players setting the screens or proper spacing or just breaking down the defense by attacking. But, you need a quick jumper who can catch and adjust. Murphy shows that. Yes, Murphy is potential and his potential offensively is higher than all our other guys imo.
Versus great defense who is going to be more difficult to shut down? The 6'7 guy who can catch and convert standing lob dunks off two feet AND ALSO make threes at 6'7 or the 5'10-6' guy who attacks the basket. Murphy put it on the floor and attacked a few times as well. Talk defense...a lot of Dorsey's shots near the lane are not happening versus say Purdue (if we don't have more shooters) after two dribbles but Murphy is boom, it's over 2 points on passes near the rim. Dorsey can drive and kick as well and with Murphy he has another guy to space the floor and shoot threes. They'd help each other a lot but Murphy is more dangerous imo. It's easier to defend Dorsey scheme wise, especially without shooters.

Sorry, those were two poorly worded tweets, so I'll try and provide context.

When I talked with him a couple weeks ago, Jordan spoke highly of the Gophers and was genuine about it, which I tweeted. I said that I never thought they had much of a chance because he spoke very highly about Texas, and everything about Texas makes sense for Murphy. It's close to home, he loves everything about Shaka, it's a perfect system fit, etc.

But it's been almost six weeks since Shaka left for Texas, and usually if recruits flip to follow a coach, it happens immediately. I learned yesterday that he didn't have a committable Texas offer (although that could change soon), and that's part of the reason why I said anything can happen with Murphy and the Gophers now.

Hope that cleared some things up. I had this all on Twitter too, but it was in replies to people.

Thanks for that, makes sense.

The three most recent predictions from 247 all are predicting the Gophers. Can't wait to hear Jordan picks the Gophs!

The three most recent predictions from 247 all are predicting the Gophers. Can't wait to hear Jordan picks the Gophs!

Please, no optimism. That is the kiss of death for Gopher fans.

Like it's not apples to apples. Where the heck do you see good defense in the other recruit's tapes?
I like Dorsey too. He plays hard. He does more things. Murphy can get the lob dunks with coaching...
they are almost impossible to defend run at the right time with right two guys and other players setting the screens or proper spacing or just breaking down the defense by attacking. But, you need a quick jumper who can catch and adjust. Murphy shows that. Yes, Murphy is potential and his potential offensively is higher than all our other guys imo.
Versus great defense who is going to be more difficult to shut down? The 6'7 guy who can catch and convert standing lob dunks off two feet AND ALSO make threes at 6'7 or the 5'10-6' guy who attacks the basket. Murphy put it on the floor and attacked a few times as well. Talk defense...a lot of Dorsey's shots near the lane are not happening versus say Purdue (if we don't have more shooters) after two dribbles but Murphy is boom, it's over 2 points on passes near the rim. Dorsey can drive and kick as well and with Murphy he has another guy to space the floor and shoot threes. They'd help each other a lot but Murphy is more dangerous imo. It's easier to defend Dorsey scheme wise, especially without shooters.

I agree with most all of what you said. It just seamed like much of murphy's tape was against players who didn't watch ball and man and then he'd just backdoor them right and left. Maybe this is just how good he was but he made the players he was playing against look like they were in 6th grade playing against a junior in HS.

Dorsey's capital classic highlights show he will be fine against taller, quicker and better competition(maybe not against Purdue who is the tallest team in the post in the BIG and maybe the NCAA). Kinda like when Nate mason went off at the west coast all star classic last year. That made me realize he was a player and a half.

We'll see how Jordan does in the TABC all star game in May 22. If he does really well he might be our best recruit(if we get him, still a big if). It is really apples to oranges though.

Please, no optimism. That is the kiss of death for Gopher fans.

I fully expect him to not be academically eligible or be a suspect in an ITunes gift card theft or something after he gets on campus! It's okay to hope for players, if you know something else will prevent them from ever actually playing!

Just kidding Jordan! You'll do great here!

I fully expect him to not be academically eligible or be a suspect in an ITunes gift card theft or something after he gets on campus! It's okay to hope for players, if you know something else will prevent them from ever actually playing!

Just kidding Jordan! You'll do great here!

Drop out of school via an amateur YouTube video?

Nah, I think it's a bit on the creepy side TBH. Not to mention it is a recruiting violation, even if it is not enforced. At the end of the day, I doubt a few tweets will sway a kids decision.

Not creepy if it's from HS and college kids... but older GopherHole fanatics... sure.

Don't give two sh#t's about the 'volition'.

Regardless, I won't be tweeting him.

Things have been eerily quiet since the visit began. Hopefully that means good news on the way !

Still can't believe there is zero info on the Murphy visit. We might need to get WikiLeaks on the case to dig up some info.

Still can't believe there is zero info on the Murphy visit. We might need to get WikiLeaks on the case to dig up some info.

Maybe Pitino locked him in his office and won't let him leave until he commits?

They're keeping everything hush hush until they check with Parski. Could be a while.

...Is he even still here? Would guess he is flying out today if he's not gone already.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably been off campus since around noon.

So I heard from Shaka while getting a dog and the vu that Jordan Murphy isn't coming here because he is afraid of all the lawsuits that will come from fans after the U takes out a loan for the practice facility and GopherWarrior insights riots in the streets because they changed the rules.

So I heard from Shaka while getting a dog and the vu that Jordan Murphy isn't coming here because he is afraid of all the lawsuits that will come from fans after the U takes out a loan for the practice facility and GopherWarrior insights riots in the streets because they changed the rules.
Hard to argue against the facts. It's science.

Top Bottom