Jordan Murphy Visit

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anybody have a premium subscription?

I think it's OK to be cautiously optimistic about this. Or at least hopeful. The signs point to serious consideration of the U.

Don't print that.... a little birdie told me.... don't be surprised if...

Translation: I know nothing.

The rivals article makes it seem like it's between Minnesota, BC, and Indiana right now. He's trying to decide if he'll visit Indiana, Indiana wants him to. No mention of Texas. His visit to Minnesota was "very favorable" and there is a sense of trust between Ben Johnson and Murphy's coach.

His decision on whether to visit Indiana will be big IMO.

The rivals article makes it seem like it's between Minnesota, BC, and Indiana right now. He's trying to decide if he'll visit Indiana, Indiana wants him to. No mention of Texas. His visit to Minnesota was "very favorable" and there is a sense of trust between Ben Johnson and Murphy's coach.

His decision on whether to visit Indiana will be big IMO.

As an IU alumnus, I hope if he decides to visit that he realizes beforehand that IU basketball is a bit of a dumpster fire right now.

Hey guys - I just got word from a source very close to Murphy on this. It's not done until it's done, and don't shoot the messenger for sharing, but it looks good for us:

Hey guys - I just got word from a source very close to Murphy on this. It's not done until it's done, and don't shoot the messenger for sharing, but it looks good for us:

You're as reliable and judicious as anyone on this board, Nadine. Thanks for the information. And I only own a super soaker if it doesn't pan out. Excellent addition this late in the game for our Gophers. Let's hope it's confirmed soon.

High fives?

Pollyanna.

15qtcgo.png

(Be jealous of my "photoshop" skills.)

Brennan senior forward Jordan Murphy is in the preliminary stages of joining one of high school basketball’s most elite groups.

Murphy was named a McDonald’s All-American Team nominee on Jan. 14 when the list was announced. Twenty-four of the nation’s best prospects will be chosen for the annual McDonald’s All-American Game on April 1 at the United Center in Chicago.

The selections will be televised at 5 p.m. on Jan. 28 on ESPNU.

Murphy is one of 23 Texas players nominated. The Virginia Commonwealth signee is currently averaging 24.4 points per game for Brennan. The Bears (19-2, 3-0 district) are currently ranked No. 11 in Class 6A by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches.

According to 247Sports.com’s composite rankings, Murphy is ranked as the nation’s 30th best small forward in the Class of 2015.

Other girls nominees for the McDonald’s All-American Team include Clemens’ Kyra Lambert, Brennan’s Deja Mason and O’Connor’s Shelbi Miller and Amber Vidal. That list was last updated on Dec. 19.

What do the nominate 150 guys? How does a non-top 100 player get considered for a top 4-5 guys at their position game?

Jarvis was a nominee as well. There are hundreds of nominees, I believe. It's really not that prestigious of a designation. I'm not sure why Doogie continues to reference it. He never references it for Jarvis or any of our other recruits (assuming Dorsey was a "finalist" as well).

ETA: Here is the full list. 11 PDF pages of nominees. http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com...5 Nominee List (Boys_Girls) FINAL 2.24(2).pdf

This would be so so so so so fantastic. Holy cow. What a GREAT class this ended up being. After the poor year on the court last year, this is awesome. Can't wait to watch these guys next year. Going to be such a solid core hopefully for years to come. Well done coach P!

Jarvis was a nominee as well. There are hundreds of nominees, I believe. It's really not that prestigious of a designation. I'm not sure why Doogie continues to reference it. He never references it for Jarvis or any of our other recruits (assuming Dorsey was a "finalist" as well).

ETA: Here is the full list. 11 PDF pages of nominees. http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com...5 Nominee List (Boys_Girls) FINAL 2.24(2).pdf

It's like the kid in HS back in the 90s who was all fired up because he got a letter that he was named to the "Who's Who in America" list.

Go Gophers!!

And I have to apologize to Jamiche maybe Ben Johnson should be the head coach after his work (potentially) signing this guy lol Murphy was such an impressive player to me. Really really happy if he commits here.

Crossing my fingers, need to hear the papers are signed. Com'n Murphy, you look great in GOLD!

And I have to apologize to Jamalo. Maybe Ben Johnson should be the head coach after his work (potentially) signing this guy lol

Murphy was such an impressive player to me. Really really happy if he commits here.

I'm the one who thinks Johnson should be the next HC. He's smart, passionate and local.

You're as reliable and judicious as anyone on this board, Nadine. Thanks for the information. And I only own a super soaker if it doesn't pan out. Excellent addition this late in the game for our Gophers. Let's hope it's confirmed soon.

Im not biting..Same GopherLady whos "sources" said Reid Travis was committing to the Gophers.

Thanks for sharing, GL. Would be an incredible way to top off the class.

Pollyanna indeed.

Top Bottom