Jide Abasiri de-commits

Just saw this on X

Abasiri said “academics” was the main reason why his parents wanted him to go to USC!?

According to 2024 US News National Colleges ranking, USC ranked at 28 while UMN is at 53.

Depends on the program you are in and also US News is not the final authority on college rankings. I think people put way too much stock in it. But let's be honest, he went there for football and/or NIL (and maybe the weather).

Last edited:

Good luck kid. I can see why USC is an attractive school for many reasons.

Unless he’s wanting to work in the film/show business industry, that’s just a white lie to shoo away casual readers who don’t know any better. Sadly that’s a lot

Tough to beat SoCal in December and the show they put on for kids. Its not NIL, its glamour. I wonder if the NDSU coach who is leaving for a job there had some influence? Grass is greener for now at USC.
What do you mean? It's 50 degrees here now in December. In the summer it's 80. What's not to like!:)

On a side note, can someone from the southeast please explain why the weather isn't a negative for football players, especially the bigger guys? I lived down there for a while and the hot, humid summers where terrible. Wouldn't big, thick people rather be in cooler weather rather than sweating to death in pads?

On a side note, can someone from the southeast please explain why the weather isn't a negative for football players, especially the bigger guys? I lived down there for a while and the hot, humid summers where terrible. Wouldn't big, thick people rather be in cooler weather rather than sweating to death in pads?
One must come to understand that flarda man was raised in the various high points of the swamp. He was molded by it. Say flarda man, want to cool off with a nice dip in the Gulf on a hot summer day? Well, GFY. Water temp is 92 degrees. Go loiter the nearest 7/11 if you want temporary relief for your swampass. The heat and humidity are so oppressive and so unrelenting that a hat and scarf becomes a necessity in order for flarda man to maintain proper thermoregulation on the rare occurrence that the thermometer dips below 60 degrees. This, my friend, is why flarda man stays in his own habitat and generally does not travel too far north.

No clue why it doesn’t deter a northerner from going south tho. It’s fcking hot down here.

Top Bottom