Jide Abasiri de-commits

247 Composite scores -
3-star, 0.8818
ranked #4 in MN - #65 overall at DL - #608 National

A good player - if you go by the composite scores, would have been (I believe) 3rd-highest rated HS recruit in 2024 class.

and now it's up to the coaches to find a comparable replacement.

FWIW - Gophers have already added a DT and an Edge in the portal. Did they know something?

Best of luck to him. I saw him twice this year. Obviously the rankings like him but Nothing about him other than his size jumped out to me. Mounds View’s D end (Hatton?) was the best player on the field. Centennial was obviously good but he again didn’t stand out like one would expect.

Hopefully he’s making NIL $

247 Composite scores -
3-star, 0.8818
ranked #4 in MN - #65 overall at DL - #608 National

A good player - if you go by the composite scores, would have been (I believe) 3rd-highest rated HS recruit in 2024 class.

and now it's up to the coaches to find a comparable replacement.

FWIW - Gophers have already added a DT and an Edge in the portal. Did they know something?
I think the portal adds are irrelevant as Jide likely wasn’t making an impact in the first couple of years.

Some coach somewhere is 100% gonna stop even messing with HS kids and just work the portal. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Honestly the best kids to recruit right now are good freshmen who are not on track to graduate early

They’re the only kids that have to stay committed for 3 years

Some coach somewhere is 100% gonna stop even messing with HS kids and just work the portal. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Quite honestly it is what I would probably do. Why screw around with an unknown commodity? Let them go to JUCO, FCS or G5 and if they pan out, then grab them. They will have only themselves to blame when coaches stop coming around to swoon them.

Quite honestly it is what I would probably do. Why screw around with an unknown commodity? Let them go to JUCO, FCS or G5 and if they pan out, then grab them. They will have only themselves to blame when coaches stop coming around to swoon them.
Basketball isn’t this but trending towards it

I went to the EP at Prior Lake game this past season. The first half saw Abasiri do a pretty goo job. Someone put a firecracker in EP's Center Sather during half time and it was all Sather and his OG buddies in the second half right by Mr. Abasiri and his DL buddies. I was surprised then at his ranking but he is a big dude who can only improve with good coaching.

A lot of truth to this statement. Why take the time to mold and develop someone only to see them leave just about the time they were going to produce?

A lot of truth to this statement. Why take the time to mold and develop someone only to see them leave just about the time they were going to produce?
Not to mention the opportunity cost every time that happens is devastating.

That’d be Prime Time, and he’s right. No sense recruiting high schoolers and coach them for a year or two just to have them leave when they’re getting ready to play.

Top Bottom