It's Official - The Big Ten has postponed its fall football season

So will all the sad Iowa fans magically shift to rooting for the Cyclones since the Big 12 will play?

If one major conference plays football, the ones left out who want to play are going to very ticked.

Perfect chance to swap them for Mizzou.
Would have been the correct decision at the time. AAU, much larger state population (STL and KC solid markets), solid bball and football has its moments.

Delaney was drunk on the idea of getting a former national champion, who could help us lift the bowl profile, beat the SEC, and get big national ratings. He thought he was getting an Oklahoma, and sold the presidents on the same idea.

But we got a dud.

PJ Press Conference couple days ago...hadn't seen it

What's real important for all student athletes now more than ever is focusing on their education. This is the ticket to a better future for the majority who will not be in professional or a form of post collegiate amateur sports like the Olympics.

I am glad that we have the leadership that we have from the president down to the coaches.

This is the equivalent to the postponements during the 1918 Pandemic and WWII. We live in a time of great uncertainty.

I think this was the right decision, though I don't have near enough knowledge about COVID-19 to know for sure. If Universities cannot be opened with students attending classes like normal, then they should not be profiting off a small group of their students who play (in most cases) 1 of their 2 money making sports.
That hasn't stopped a large number of posters - on both sides of the argument - from reaching a conclusion with absolute certainty.

That hasn't stopped a large number of posters - on both sides of the argument - from reaching a conclusion with absolute certainty.
Exactly. No one knows anything about any of the many aspects of this. With that said, the timing of the decision was aweful.

Please, Nebraska, threaten to join the Big XII for this season.

So we can kick you square in your cornholes.
I think Texas was so pissed when they left that I don't know if they can ever get back in to the XII. Rumor's are that it was Texas that pulled the final lever to get Nebraska kicked out the AAU.
Any way I just want them to leave. I don't care where they go.

There's a lot of Tweets from seniors saying they want to play so they can build their "I'm NFL" resume. You know some lawyer's going to chase that ambulance... There are lawsuits already filed w/rpt to students not getting the services (meaning classroom instructions) for which they paid. It's not much of a stretch to apply that thinking to students that signed a contract to participate in a sport, and the school then making the decision to not offer that sport. Interesting times ahead for Coyle et. al.
And here they come, didn't take long for lawyers to start the process...

LOL

Nothing more than slapping an attorney's letterhead on a toothless "demand". The attorney knows it carries no weight of the law behind it, but he was happy to take their money.

Go ahead, file a suit in district court in Nebraska. What law gives you the ability to compel anything??

The student's name would be on the suit vs the parents as it's the student that is getting denied the promised part of the contract.
If they're filing their suit(s) in Nebraska (I think I had heard that), they're not stupid. Much, much more likely to have a sympathetic judge in NE than just about any other state in the B1G. Good move on their part.

Top Bottom