Interesting email from ticket office

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I received one of those "get your season tickets NOW!" emails from the ticket guy I usually work with. This time, it was for football.

Being home, and pretty bored, I decided to review the options and send him an email back. I wasn't mean but I did pose some serious questions. (Note: I am interesting in season tickets for football. I wasn't just messing around. Debating between basketball, football, both and neither)

First off, I asked about the potential for lowering ticket prices for men's basketball. He said nothing has been decided but they feel as if the tickets are fairly priced (I agree, but with hockey lowering ticket prices and facing similar issues re: attendance and performance, I figured I'd ask)

Second, the mentioned that they had sold over 2,000 new football season tickets (that is a good thing) and looking at the seating chart, it kinda sucks. Lots of good seats taken in the $460-630 or whatever range. Makes sense, but tough to get new STHers in there at the higher price points.

Third, he mentioned the Gophers would be active in the transfer market and even dropped a name of a potential/probable target he was told would be a Gopher next year (a legit name, of someone we would all recognize instantly, I won't say who because I don't want the rep getting in trouble)

I thought it was odd he mentioned a player by name, who is enrolled at a different school right now but I guess he can do that? I don't know for sure.

I received one of those "get your season tickets NOW!" emails from the ticket guy I usually work with. This time, it was for football.

Being home, and pretty bored, I decided to review the options and send him an email back. I wasn't mean but I did pose some serious questions. (Note: I am interesting in season tickets for football. I wasn't just messing around. Debating between basketball, football, both and neither)

First off, I asked about the potential for lowering ticket prices for men's basketball. He said nothing has been decided but they feel as if the tickets are fairly priced (I agree, but with hockey lowering ticket prices and facing similar issues re: attendance and performance, I figured I'd ask)

Second, the mentioned that they had sold over 2,000 new football season tickets (that is a good thing) and looking at the seating chart, it kinda sucks. Lots of good seats taken in the $460-630 or whatever range. Makes sense, but tough to get new STHers in there at the higher price points.

Third, he mentioned the Gophers would be active in the transfer market and even dropped a name of a potential/probable target he was told would be a Gopher next year (a legit name, of someone we would all recognize instantly, I won't say who because I don't want the rep getting in trouble)

I thought it was odd he mentioned a player by name, who is enrolled at a different school right now but I guess he can do that? I don't know for sure.
Were you pleased with the name you heard?
Ok, 20 questions. I’ll start. From a P6 school? A wing player?

Remember that the renewal and upgrade process for existing STHs isn't over yet, so what you are seeing as occupied are all the seats currently held by STHs plus seats that they have reserved for existing STHs to upgrade into. They will give you a seat location as a new STH, but once the upgrade process is over for the current STHs, you will likely have additional options to upgrade into better seats.

Was it a basketball or football player?

Remember that the renewal and upgrade process for existing STHs isn't over yet, so what you are seeing as occupied are all the seats currently held by STHs plus seats that they have reserved for existing STHs to upgrade into. They will give you a seat location as a new STH, but once the upgrade process is over for the current STHs, you will likely have additional options to upgrade into better seats.

I did not know this nor was it explained to me! I really appreciate the input and that is good to know. My gopherscore is in the top half so may help me get decent seats.

You’re killing us! All we’re asking for is the conference, team, year, height, weight, and initials.

You could be crafty about this. You could go into the "available transfer" thread and drop hints about guys you like from the wire or who you would love to see come available and we will draw our own conclusions. We'll protect the tipster! We promise. :)

I am going to go with Sims as my guess. But a Rochester kid is a good guess too! :)

Pretty weird that a ticket guy would have the inside information on a transfer. Far be it from a salesman to hype something to convince a potential buyer to sign on the dotted line right now. Idle gossip is conversation, and speculation is fact in some of those circles.

Greenlee announces he is transferring. Rumors swirl that Rick Pitino is losing his 2020-2021 starting PG...

Richard swoops on in.

IW returns to the maroon and gold! ;)

Pretty weird that a ticket guy would have the inside information on a transfer. Far be it from a salesman to hype something to convince a potential buyer to sign on the dotted line right now. Idle gossip is conversation, and speculation is fact in some of those circles.
I'd give the ticket guy a better shot than Shama.

Ooohhh I was a wiz at Guess Who! Can he pull down 10 rebounds a game in the B1G tomorrow?

I do hope they lower ticket prices. Even $100 per seat for where I sit would be nice. Not even about the money, shows the are in touch with current events and the market. Discretionary spending may be down post COVID-19 (assuming post COVID-19 is a thing?) and lowering prices will help attendance.

I do hope they lower ticket prices. Even $100 per seat for where I sit would be nice. Not even about the money, shows the are in touch with current events and the market. Discretionary spending may be down post COVID-19 (assuming post COVID-19 is a thing?) and lowering prices will help attendance.
By the way- you are doing exactly the right thing to not say the name- as much as I would love to hear it! Still I am glad to hear the positive vibes. Thanks

Now I know! Brad Davison is repenting and coming home! Of course, he's the guy you hate if he is an opponent and love if he is one yours. Everyone knows Brad and he could fill an arena! :cry:

That feels like a nice guess
It's possible. It is tough to play in the big ten without a banger in the line up but that lineup there would have some firepower and there would be good depth behind it.....
I am actually one who thinks Freeman is going to surprise with 8 pts 8 boards next year in 20+ minutes and he is a big man physically.... Big off season for him

Top Bottom