If Minnesota wins next 3

All we should be worried about is beating Northwestern...One game at a time. Stop worrying about who will win between Iowa and Wisconsin. One game at a time...we got a long way to go.

Thanks for the advice but I will let myself dream a bit. The chances the Gophers lose because I thought about championship scenarios is literally zero percent.

Northwestern at home and hungry, may be tough. One game at a time. Winning the next three will not be easy. The rest of the season will not be easy. In the conference, we have defeated Nebraska, Purdue and Maryland. Long road ahead.
OGAAT!

Northwestern at home and hungry, may be tough. One game at a time. Winning the next three will not be easy. The rest of the season will not be easy. In the conference, we have defeated Nebraska, Purdue and Maryland. Long road ahead.
So wait....let me make sure I am following....winning Big Ten games is difficult? I have yet to see a single person imply that winning is going to be easy the rest of the way.

We have very winnable games on the schedule but we still have to show up and play well in all of them or we absolutely will get beat.

In order to be contenders you have to beat the weaker teams on your schedule. In our case right now, Northwestern, Illinois, and Indiana all fall into the must win category if we want to have a shot at winning the West. I have no doubt in my mind that all 3 of those teams will put up a fight but we have the talent to beat them if we play to our capabilities.

Then we tee it up with Wisconsin and Iowa and see what happens....

Just a thought on casual fans. Nothing annoys me more than people who keep griping about the Bowling Green game. That game means nothing when it comes to playing in the B1G championship game. It will only affect our bowl selection if we do win out.

Just a thought on casual fans. Nothing annoys me more than people who keep griping about the Bowling Green game. That game means nothing when it comes to playing in the B1G championship game. It will only affect our bowl selection if we do win out.
The good news is with each passing week the stink of that game gets a little bit less.

Has already transitioned some from - Gophers suck, they lost to Bowling Green - to - Gophers are pretty good, how the heck did they lose to Bowling Green?

Hoping Northwestern is down and demoralized. But you could be correct......

Hoping Northwestern is down and demoralized. But you could be correct......
You can always count on Northwestern teams to put up a fight. But they are not good this year, if we take care of the ball we win. If we help them out with some mistakes and short fields, anything can happen.

The good news is with each passing week the stink of that game gets a little bit less.

Has already transitioned some from - Gophers suck, they lost to Bowling Green - to - Gophers are pretty good, how the heck did they lose to Bowling Green?
To - Until they beat Iowa and Wisconsin

You can always count on Northwestern teams to put up a fight. But they are not good this year, if we take care of the ball we win. If we help them out with some mistakes and short fields, anything can happen.
I feel like this is one of the least talented jNW teams in a long time, if not THE least. They don't even have a good run defense.

In 4 losses this year they have lost 157-58

To - Until they beat Iowa and Wisconsin
Unfortunately this is all too accurate.

I feel like the Gophers could go 11-1, win the B1G title game and lose in the CFP and people would be like "yeah, but they lose to wisconsin!"

Literally an irrelevant thing to say. No one was suggesting any such thing.

You never need to bring up this false idea, again.
Yes I do because you and others keep responding to people who say stuff like this thread does that "we need to just worry about the next game...". No we don't, they do.

Don't want people to respond to your platitudes...don't make BS statements on a message board.

But thanks for your $.02.

No we don't, they do.
Fake statement, is fake.

No internet message board poster has ever said "we" and meant that literally fans' thoughts must be consulted by the coaching staff and players.

Fake.

"They are not good this year" is fraught with the danger of an upset.

A wounded cat is a dangerous one. They will put up a fight.

barring some kind of skullduggery, there is no way the Gophers can impact the outcome of Iowa-Wisconsin, or any other game that does not involve the Gophers.

the only thing the Gophers can impact is whether they win their next game.

after that, who knows?

a key injury to any team in the league could change the equation. a turnover at the wrong time or a bad penalty can swing a game.

I am firmly in the "one game at a time" category.

I'm hoping for Nebraska to knock one of them off down the stretch, but just win out would be the best way to handle things and be a top 20 team going into the B1G championship game.

"They are not good this year" is fraught with the danger of an upset.

A wounded cat is a dangerous one. They will put up a fight.
Of course they will put up a fight, Pat Fitzgerald coached teams always do. Doesn't change the fact that they don't have the horses this year. If we play clean, we win. If we turn the ball over or make a bunch of stupid mistakes, anything can happen.

Of course they will put up a fight, Pat Fitzgerald coached teams always do. Doesn't change the fact that they don't have the horses this year. If we play clean, we win. If we turn the ball over or make a bunch of stupid mistakes, anything can happen.
The Fighting Illinis made kitty litter out of the Nittany Lions.

They’ve lost 159-58 in their losses

so they always put up a fight except when they don’t

They’ve lost 159-58 in their losses

so they always put up a fight except when they don’t
I'm confident we win this one comfortably if we play well.

Northwestern is well coached and will play hard. But yeah, this current version of Northwestern is not on the level of some of the good teams they have had in recent years.

As Illinois proved on Saturday, anything can happen. But if our guys play well, this one won't be close.

Unfortunately this is all too accurate.

I feel like the Gophers could go 11-1, win the B1G title game and lose in the CFP and people would be like "yeah, but they lose to wisconsin!"
That'd be an interesting question: Which would disappoint some fans more, 11-1 with the one loss being to WI or 1-11 with the one win over WI. Probably some fans wouldn't like either season.

Top Bottom