If Fleck leaves, who should realistically be on Coyle’s immediate call list?

Stan

Reaction score
Who can we realistically get in mid February? Coyle would need to move fast.

Who can we realistically get in mid February? Coyle would need to move fast.
Based on guys signing and leaving a week later, you could get anyone that mutually wants the job.

Alabama last their OC last night. tOSU is on second OC already.

Portal opens for the team that loses their coach and he could take many with.

Timing isn’t what it used to be.

Based on guys signing and leaving a week later, you could get anyone that mutually wants the job.

Very good points. Coyle better have his weekend cleared and his phone battery charged.

So you’re saying we could hire PJ back.

With no real NIL possibilities here, find a guy who thinks he can eventually get himself in a position to be the next Alabama, Texas, or Oregon coach. When he leaves find another one like him. Its all about the kids leaving when they face minimal adversity and expecting a paycheck everywhere they may go. Get somebody who can work with that instead of crying about it. Based on our level of competitiveness, I would find a guy who can coach kids that want to earn their way up into the NIL world. That might mean a guy who recruits potential and achieves it thus having success. That group may or may not leave, do it again if they do.

When, Where & Who will have AI as their OC and or DC? That 1st game would break all viewer attendance records. It started with ATMs now coaches. What are refrigerators doing when one sleeps? Toasters are recording our conversations.

I don't think he would come, by my #1 would be Matt Campbell.

To be honest I would want an offensive innovator.
First call would be Jamey Chadwell. Not sure if we have Bible Belt money and he can probably wait for an SEC job in a year or two that’s higher profile than us

Might call Chip Kelly second.

Lots of names out there who I would think would give it some thought: Jimbo Fisher, Jason Candle, David Shaw, Chris Klieman, Jamey Chadwell, Paul Chryst, Jeff Monken, Lance Leipold. For the record, I don’t think PJ leaves.

I'm persuaded by people calling for head coaching experience over assistant roles. What do I know... not much... but that's my opinion. Think Whalen and Brewster.

The same with choosing coordinators. Give us the guy from Rutgers who before he was a position coach was a coordinator, has the actual role experience somewhere on the college resume.

Last edited:

With no real NIL possibilities here, find a guy who thinks he can eventually get himself in a position to be the next Alabama, Texas, or Oregon coach. When he leaves find another one like him. Its all about the kids leaving when they face minimal adversity and expecting a paycheck everywhere they may go. Get somebody who can work with that instead of crying about it. Based on our level of competitiveness, I would find a guy who can coach kids that want to earn their way up into the NIL world. That might mean a guy who recruits potential and achieves it thus having success. That group may or may not leave, do it again if they do.
NIL not as bad as you seem to think it is here. And, with BigTen money we are sitting fine financially and can pay a new coach. And, I don’t think PJ goes anywhere.

Rossi would make a lot of sense. Already has good recruiting connections and might be the best chance to keep guys from transferring out. I think a lot of people here assumed he would be the head coach if PJ left so may as well give it a shot.

criteria:
Head Coaching experience at the FBS level. no time for on-the-job training
recruiting experience in the Midwest
demonstrated ability to use the portal
ability to schmooze donors
clean background - no violations, off-field issues

put it all together and it spells..........

criteria:
Head Coaching experience at the FBS level. no time for on-the-job training
recruiting experience in the Midwest
demonstrated ability to use the portal
ability to schmooze donors
clean background - no violations, off-field issues

put it all together and it spells..........

Luke Fickell?

Matt Birk
Matt Birk would be wonderful in many positions, HC not now. Coaching, recruiting & building relationships. A true Minnesotan with the qualities every mother wishes for their child. Honesty, integrity, faith, intelligence, leadership, morals, family values. Since he graduated Harvard how is Harvard doing now? Future NFL Hall of Fame. "One is not getting taller if others are getting shorter." Prince

No idea for specific names... and it would never be someone I mentioned. But keep an eye on someone like Sean Lewis, that kind of mix of experience.

Matt Birk would be wonderful in many positions, HC not now. Coaching, recruiting & building relationships. A true Minnesotan with the qualities every mother wishes for their child. Honesty, integrity, faith, intelligence, leadership, morals, family values. Since he graduated Harvard how is Harvard doing now? Future NFL Hall of Fame. "One is not getting taller if others are getting shorter." Prince
You do realize he's literally hated by a huge number of people in this state.

I'm not taking sides. His ticket's stance of no abortion allowed in cases of rape was a disaster for the right. With all the upheaval, it was an opportunity to cash in, but instead the left won and rammed through the biggest left spending spree since the Great Society.

Not taking sides, just being a boxing match judge where Birk's side got TKO'd.

For the record, I do like Birk personally and have enjoyed him on KFAN. I also believe inclusiveness should include people of many cultures, including his.

Why do they hate a Man of Minnesota values? Is he a Felon? Not college educated? Abandoned his children? Ate dog? Committed voter fraud?

Top Bottom