How many drunkards, tipplers, souses, and lushes are on this board?

Do you consider yourself a drunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mase, Brewster, or Claeys.
Who would you rather get hammered with?
Mase for sure. Seems like a really nice guy and always has a lot of good things to say about Minnesota when given the chance.
Brewster would make any conversation all about himself. He would probably talk up how he can drink anyone under the table, but just like his coaching career here, he’d fall well short of doing so.
Claeys...I’d just be worried that the time I drink with him will be the time he finally has the heart attack that’s been looming for years. Wouldn’t want to have to be the one to perform CPR.

Was just at dinner and a large % of tables had people that chose to have a drink with their meal. Sad.

Are we talking right now? If so, yes, I’m drunk right now.

Give me like eight hours and my answer might be different. Actually, better make it 14.

Was just at dinner and a large % of tables had people that chose to have a drink with their meal. Sad.

In reality, many of them had no choice, addicts don't have control of their addiction.

gopherholers must be mighty atypical because >70% of respondents claim that under some definition they have a tipple or two too many

Does that make them non addicts because they are so many?

I'm sure a Walgreens breathalyzer is super accurate.

Then just wing it. I'm sure 70% of Gopher Hole respondants will have your back. Or at least until you kill or maim someone. Especially a child. Then you would only get 20% support.

Then just wing it. I'm sure 70% of Gopher Hole respondants will have your back. Or at least until you kill or maim someone. Especially a child. Then you would only get 20% support.
How the heck did you interpret my post as somehow endorsing drunk driving? I was basically saying the complete opposite. The drug store breathalyzers are not accurate so don't even cut it close. But thanks for assuming I drive drunk.

How the heck did you interpret my post as somehow endorsing drunk driving? I was basically saying the complete opposite. The drug store breathalyzers are not accurate so don't even cut it close. But thanks for assuming I drive drunk.

I actually believed that you, like many drinkers, do not know when you are legally drunk and would prefer not to know. The staggering long term highway death rate led me to that logical conclusion. If you are an exception to that trend that is a good thing.

I actually believed that you, like many drinkers, do not know when you are legally drunk and would prefer not to know. The staggering long term highway death rate led me to that logical conclusion. If you are an exception to that trend that is a good thing.
What negative experience have you had with an alcoholic that has lead you to such beliefs?

Doesn't take much to get to .08 these days. Couple beers, couple glasses of wine etc.

What negative experience have you had with an alcoholic that has lead you to such beliefs?

11,000 deaths per year nationally. Four times the number of Americans killed in Afganistan in the whole of that 18 year old war which rightly annoys Americans so much. Yet here, getting drunk is made out to be some sort of joke or funny thing to do. 85 of my neighbors and yours were among that number of dead. You guys do this every single year.

Doesn't take much to get to .08 these days. Couple beers, couple glasses of wine etc.

Would take more than 2 if you are a 200lb male. (Beer, that is).

Last edited:

Would take more than 2 if you are a 200lb male.
True but if you haven't eaten etc. you clearly become impaired. Not always about being drunk, but rather in a position not being sharp etc., behind the wheel.

11,000 deaths per year nationally. Four times the number of Americans killed in Afganistan in the whole of that 18 year old war which rightly annoys Americans so much. Yet here, getting drunk is made out to be some sort of joke or funny thing to do. 85 of my neighbors and
True but if you haven't eaten etc. you clearly become impaired. Not always about being drunk, but rather in a position not being sharp etc., behind the wheel.
Drowsy driving and distracted driving, regardless of alcohol are problems all by themselves. Young/elderly drivers also more likely to crash.

Veritas ha ha haha

When standing please direct a truthful blast of truth from your bowels to his face.

Denial. "Not me. I am not an addict, I have control. Don't mention the war!"

Dude - I'm sorry, but you started this. You were the one who said people standing in front of you at Gopher games were drunks. On a board like this, you have to understand that people are going to take shots at you and/or make fun of a post like that.

And again, I am a recovering alcoholic. I have been to rehab 3 times. I've attended AA meetings. Unless you have similar direct experience, I strongly suspect that I know more about alcoholism than you do.

I strongly suggest that you confine your posts to discussion of on-the-field issues. You are fighting a battle you cannot win.

Denial. "Not me. I am not an addict, I have control. Don't mention the war!"

You go there because I posted a GIF. How much do you pay these people to sit with you?????

Man you need to relax and enjoy the view or as my bro Sgt. Hulka might opine -

thYTCOR0GA.jpg

Or better yet, aim to be a fun oldtimer and emulate Burgess (R.I.P. bro) -

tumblr_c46df2da80b824cde20f14a1b8235f78_88151041_500.gif

Drunks and addicts tend to be smarter than most people. They intoxicate themselves so American culture will seem less stupid than when sober.

In other words, while drunk or stoned they relate better to the dumbed down masses, more on an equal footing.

Drunks and addicts tend to be smarter than most people. They intoxicate themselves so American culture will seem less stupid than when sober.

In other words, while drunk or stoned they relate better to the dumbed down masses, more on an equal footing.

Preach brother!!!!!

Top Bottom