How many drunkards, tipplers, souses, and lushes are on this board?

Do you consider yourself a drunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What? You ask how many and then in poll give 2 options: yes and no.. Perhaps you've had more Sherry than you can hold.
Clearly a drunkard.

Recovering alcoholic. Sober since November of 1986.

In my drinking days, I don't recall ever getting falling-down drunk at an athletic event. Mainly because I'm so cheap that I didn't want to spend enough money to get hammered at a game.

As to the definitions, people have different tolerances for alcohol. Two people can drink the same amount of booze, and one will be falling down while the other one appears fine.

the real measure of a drinking problem is not how much or how often you drink. it's whether your behavior changes when you drink - or if you wind up doing things while drinking that you would never do while sober.

If a person at the night game vs. Syracuse a number of years ago fell one row down onto the woman seated in front of him, TWICE, without spilling his/her beer, what should he/ she indicate on the poll?

Asking for a friend who controls himself/herself better at night games now.

I would say a drunk but thats OK. A talented one under control.

Last edited:

After the controversy that has been brewing I think that we need to know how many drunks are posting on this board.

Best post in many years especially in the off season, it is funny as hell and made me laugh out load!

We all should agree that many sad and bad things have happened to people that have been overcome by alcoholism and support those who have gone sober as a result of it.

Still would like to expand the definitions a bit.....

I once knew a guy... you look like 'im... but he wasn't either.

You still use that tactic? :rolleyes:

Ha ! No, If I recall correctly she was a TAD irritated the second go round.... It my defense it did occur as we were celebrating a great Golden Gopher moment...

If a person at the night game vs. Syracuse a number of years ago fell one row down onto the woman seated in front of him, TWICE, without spilling his/her beer, what should he/ she indicate on the poll?

Asking for a friend who controls himself/herself better at night games now.

As long as you didn’t end up getting it on in the bathroom at the Metrodome with said woman, I think you, or I mean that person, is doing alright!

I am not qualified to give an answer. They took my drinking card away. :sick:

It takes a drunk to know one.

What? You ask how many and then in poll give 2 options: yes and no.. Perhaps you've had more Sherry than you can hold.
OB53 I wanted to know how many people are tipplers and therefore in order to count the amount of drunkards here I would need to know if one counts themselves as a souser or not --- hence a yes or no question

Mason=Old Fashioneds at Capital Grille
Brewster=Tequila poppers at Smirnoff Ices at Tropix
Claeys=Miller High Lifes at Inn Kahoots in Hamel
Tropix? Wow - I think I was there once - at my bachelor party - 25 years ago...

Dumb question in a sense. If you ask anyone in prison if they are innocent and they will all raise their hand. If you ask anyone if they are a drunk or have been drinking too much, no one typically will raise their hand. These folks live in a denial world.

Dumb question in a sense. If you ask anyone in prison if they are innocent and they will all raise their hand. If you ask anyone if they are a drunk or have been drinking too much, no one typically will raise their hand. These folks live in a denial world.
gopherholers must be mighty atypical because >70% of respondents claim that under some definition they have a tipple or two too many

It has been said that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor.

I wish the best to all drunks and addicts, just don't get in a car and drive if you're impaired. You can buy breathalyzers at Walgreens. They'll tell you if you're at the legal limit, a BAC of .08.

I wish the best to all drunks and addicts, just don't get in a car and drive if you're impaired. You can buy breathalyzers at Walgreens. They'll tell you if you're at the legal limit, a BAC of .08.
I'm sure a Walgreens breathalyzer is super accurate.

Top Bottom