Hey Tubby Haters!!!!

GophersInIowa said:
I'm curious, why do you say he's "an unmotivated coach"? Do you attend practice and meetings? Is there rumors flying around that he doesn't work hard in recruiting?

I have no idea if he unmotivated or not, just wondering how you know this.
Minngg does not know a thing about motivation or how Tubby motivates. He's just Anti-Tubby and wants to b!tch about him any chance he gets.

I'm curious, why do you say he's "an unmotivated coach"? Do you attend practice and meetings? Is there rumors flying around that he doesn't work hard in recruiting? I have no idea if he unmotivated or not, just wondering how you know this.

Yes

Minngg does not know a thing about motivation or how Tubby motivates. He's just Anti-Tubby and wants to b!tch about him any chance he gets.

No, I look at his record in the Big Ten and say why are we paying $2 Million and thinking about an extension for this??

Not you last year? Calling me Mrs. Wolters because I was saying he was a good player?

I never called you Mrs. Wolters, and I certainly never said that he couldn't play in the Big Ten. Try again.

Not that I'm defending Minngg, but A LOT of people were anti-Tubby until 8 days ago. I can't believe how quickly GopherHole in general has swung from "We need to let Tubby's contract run out and start over completely" to "this could very well be a tournament team." Thus is college basketball, I guess.

Not that I'm defending Minngg, but A LOT of people were anti-Tubby until 8 days ago. I can't believe how quickly GopherHole in general has swung from "We need to let Tubby's contract run out and start over completely" to "this could very well be a tournament team." Thus is college basketball, I guess.

And the tone will shift back the other way if we lose to Northwestern Sunday. The nature of this beast we call the Internet. That's what I don't like about it. Seemingly, there's no in between allowed.

And the tone will shift back the other way if we lose to Northwestern Sunday. The nature of this beast we call the Internet. That's what I don't like about it. Seemingly, there's no in between allowed.

Which is why I don't change my mind after 2 wins. Tubby does not deserve an extension. We could win 8 games this year in the Big Ten and I would still say no to an extension. If that makes me a hater...tough.

Which is why I don't change my mind after 2 wins. Tubby does not deserve an extension. We could win 8 games this year in the Big Ten and I would still say no to an extension. If that makes me a hater...tough.

They could win the next 3 national titles and you would still say no to an extension.

But you sure do start making your point after 2 losses, which you did awhile back.

They could win the next 3 national titles and you would still say no to an extension.

Two things.....you are wrong, I am a Gopher fan first and I would give Tubby the keys to the U if he won even one Big Ten title. Second, let's try to get to .500 in the Big Ten before we discuss national titles. Funny, how it is fine to praise the hell of out of a sub .500 coach, but to criticize him is to be a hater. What are you then? A Tubby lover? A Tubby apologist? A denier? What should I call you?

But you sure do start making your point after 2 losses, which you did awhile back.

I am making my point now and I am making it after losses. It is called consistency. See, I want the Gopher to win. I cheer for them and live and die every game no matter the coach. You? You praise the coach when they win and make excuses when these lose. You want me to praise someone that hasn't done enough to deserve the praise. Why?

Hey Matt. If the Gophers go 8-10 this season in the Big Ten, do you extend Tubby? That would make him 39-47 in the Big Ten in 5 years. Give me your analysis instead of just over the top rhetoric.

minngg said:
Two things.....you are wrong, I am a Gopher fan first and I would give Tubby the keys to the U if he won even one Big Ten title. Second, let's try to get to .500 in the Big Ten before we discuss national titles. Funny, how it is fine to praise the hell of out of a sub .500 coach, but to criticize him is to be a hater. What are you then? A Tubby lover? A Tubby apologist? A denier? What should I call you?

Kim Roystons dad posted on the football board the difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota fans and their view of players / coaches. As someone who's son played for both schools, I'd value his opinion on this.

And I am paraphrasing.

Minnesota fans think every player and coach they have suck and claim they are realistic, being honest.

Wisconsin fans think every player and coach they have is the best in the country and they love them.

I hate Wisconsin, but it has got to be great supporting and playing for a program where the fans aren't so dang negative. Fans play a big role in how a program is viewed, and how can we expect any recruit or coach or AD to love this universities teams when as soon as you get here, you suck.

Heck, Mauer had one bad year and now he sucks. Can't wait until Rubio and Love suck too. Firejerrykill.com took about a week to get started. It's pathetic.

Call me a tubby lover all you like, but I will defend any gopher coach or player the same exact way.

Work Etiquette

Katze, you're dislike for the word "hater" is comically pathetic. It is a common word in the world today, it will be used by people of all walks of life once this generation is fully immersed in the work force. Get used it.

Just like the time the intern at our office came in speaking "valley girl" and promptly lost credibility. She was literally coached on proper language use and terms and she rebelled. She thought it was just "idle talk" or "chatter". At that point, wait for it...

...she was fired.

So very true scher215. The fire Kill clowns came out immediately. They have since been chased out of the football side of the house.

My best guess is minngg and the many who come out only after a loss are high school kids.

So very true scher215. The fire Kill clowns came out immediately. They have since been chased out of the football side of the house.

My best guess is minngg and the many who come out only after a loss are high school kids.

or younger. just hell raisers and having fun being a-holes.

The correct term is Tubpologist

Tubpologist: one who alibis and/or excuses every loss, player tranfer, failure to perform by Orlando Smith. And viscerally attacks anyone who calls for accountability on his part.

And they could finish in the bottom half of the conference until his contract is up and you would say that we should extend him at top 10 dollars (nationally, not just big ten)

jamalo said:
And they could finish in the bottom half of the conference until his contract is up and you would say that we should extend him at top 10 dollars (nationally, not just big ten)

Ever heard of this thing called being a "fan"? Many on here sounds more like wanna-be beat writers.

Ever heard of this thing called being a "fan"? Many on here sounds more like wanna-be beat writers.

Not clear on how being a "fan" means wearing your blinders 24/7. I have been a huge fan since the Dutcher era; I just don't like the "we can't do better than this.." or the "we are lucky to have..." mentality.

Kim Roystons dad posted on the football board the difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota fans and their view of players / coaches. As someone who's son played for both schools, I'd value his opinion on this.

And I am paraphrasing.

Minnesota fans think every player and coach they have suck and claim they are realistic, being honest.

Wisconsin fans think every player and coach they have is the best in the country and they love them.

I hate Wisconsin, but it has got to be great supporting and playing for a program where the fans aren't so dang negative. Fans play a big role in how a program is viewed, and how can we expect any recruit or coach or AD to love this universities teams when as soon as you get here, you suck.

Heck, Mauer had one bad year and now he sucks. Can't wait until Rubio and Love suck too. Firejerrykill.com took about a week to get started. It's pathetic.

Call me a tubby lover all you like, but I will defend any gopher coach or player the same exact way.

Do whatever you want. I couldn't care less. If you think WI fans don't call for their coaches heads and rip players you are very very naive. It is more cut throat there because they actually win there.

or younger. just hell raisers and having fun being a-holes.

Here is a clue brainiacs. I am old enough to have seen Trent Tucker play in person. I am old enough to have listened to the OSU game when the fight broke out. It is more childish to call people names or characterize people based on their opinion when it doesn't agree with yours. Grow up.

I'm squarely in minngg's corner in this discussion. He (and I) am old enough to remember when we actually had HIGH standards for MN hoops. When we expected to contend for the Big Ten title nearly every year. Tubby is far, far away from that presently. I'm pleased that the decision to extend him has been back-burnered. I wish him well this season, but if he doesn't show dramatic improvement soon, he's gotta be ushered out the door. Same as anyone else. And yes, I'm aware we'll probably win tomorrow and have put together a nice little 3-game streak. Won't change my thoughts much. Let's step back after the season and see where we are then. Til then, I'm a Tubby skeptic based on his record here thus far.

Considering the performance of Badger football and Gopher football during Royston's time in college, I can't say I am shocked that Royston's father observed Wisconsin's fan base as being more pleased with their football program than Minnesota's fan base was. The next time Wisco has back to back three win seasons, I am sure we will see a very discontent Badger fan base.

Top Bottom