Has this team given up on Pitino?

Clearly not. That was a really tough early schedule for that many roster changes. They have a lot of growing to do together and we should expect them to be a lot tougher later in the season than now. Pitino hasn’t lit the bball team on fire, but he’s holding his own and doing a pretty solid job overall. Seems like they are beginning to get back, overall, to Clem-generation level. And that would be ok with me (w/o the class cheating). If they can win a few here and get on a roll...

Clearly not. That was a really tough early schedule for that many roster changes. They have a lot of growing to do together and we should expect them to be a lot tougher later in the season than now. Pitino hasn’t lit the bball team on fire, but he’s holding his own and doing a pretty solid job overall. Seems like they are beginning to get back, overall, to Clem-generation level. And that would be ok with me (w/o the class cheating). If they can win a few here and get on a roll...
In short, do not listen to sissies!

GLADLY, but anyone saw that coming - you should probably run out and buy a lotto ticket. Games like this are both thrilling and frustrating! Pitino gets just enough good wins and a few 4 star recruits here and there to keep it interesting, but it's been 7 years and we're still waiting to see that he can turn a corner. Looked like a completely new team, for one game anyway. I will be as ecstatic as anyone if this becomes a trend. I have my doubts, but if it takes me picking against them all year to inspire out of this world play like was saw tonight, i'll be happy to take a chiding all year long.

These games are never frustrating... Come on man, just enjoy it. Be other losses you can be crabby about.

What on EARTH has anyone seen from this squad to suspect they can even hang with, let alone beat, the #3 ranked team? Optimism is one thing, but anyone *expecting* a victory today has got some serious blinders on.

Unless/until OSU puts their full bench out, i will be shocked and eat crow if the Gophers can stay within 10 points.

Today im hoping for a miracle (which is what it would take) but just wanting to see some young guys get quality minutes.

How does that crow taste?

I'm here to take it like a man. I thought this team would get whipped, but instead they did the whipping. I can admit when I am wrong and tonight I am gloriously wrong. You have my blessing to tell me how wrong I was about this game tonight.

You were gloriously wrong. Thanks for being a good sport about it.

GLADLY, but anyone saw that coming - you should probably run out and buy a lotto ticket. Games like this are both thrilling and frustrating! Pitino gets just enough good wins and a few 4 star recruits here and there to keep it interesting, but it's been 7 years and we're still waiting to see that he can turn a corner. Looked like a completely new team, for one game anyway. I will be as ecstatic as anyone if this becomes a trend. I have my doubts, but if it takes me picking against them all year to inspire out of this world play like was saw tonight, i'll be happy to take a chiding all year long.
You can pick against them for the rest of the year. If you are really that vain to think what you think will inspire them, you have a serious issue. I would guess the rest don't really give a crap

You and the other clown CPT have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.
No one on this board wants the team to fail. Even posting something so stupid proves how idiotic you are.
RTB :)

You and the other clown CPT have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.
No one on this board wants the team to fail. Even posting something so stupid proves how idiotic you are.
Tell me what Pitino did wrong tonight? I fully expected you to say something along the lines of "even a broken clock is right twice a day" or some other creative slander so lets hear it.

On another note the team looked great tonight. Even with Willis missing minutes Tre Williams stepped up and showed a lot of promise. We have a very young squad and the potential is absolutely there.

Tell me what Pitino did wrong tonight? I fully expected you to say something along the lines of "even a broken clock is right twice a day" or some other creative slander so lets hear it.

On another note the team looked great tonight. Even with Willis missing minutes Tre Williams stepped up and showed a lot of promise. We have a very young squad and the potential is absolutely there.

Don’t worry - after a loss, ol’ schoolz will be back and post with his/her higher frequency and “witty” sarcasm. Must be fun to only be able to be excited when the team is playing poorly.

Tre has a lot of potential. We've not had many players in that 6-5 to 6-7 range with explosion and a diverse game.

Tre has a lot of potential. We've not had many players in that 6-5 to 6-7 range with explosion and a diverse game.

I saw some good things along with freshman things. But honestly, agreeing with you, I think he needs more playing time, and hopefully after this many games he can be a major contributor. Lots of fire in him.

How hot is his chili?

Didn’t do anything wrong in this game. Team played their best game of the year.

Still plenty of basketball left to go 5-15 in conference. ?

Didn’t do anything wrong in this game. Team played their best game of the year.

Still plenty of basketball left to go 5-15 in conference. ?
Even if we go 5-15 in conference at least we know the potential is there. I fully expected Ohio St. to torch us but we just proved we can beat good teams.

1 game does not a season make but it does look encouraging! Would like to see us rip off 5 more wins in a row!

1 game does not a season make but it does look encouraging! Would like to see us rip off 5 more wins in a row!
Have you seen the schedule? It's a gauntlet.
Okla State in Tulsa, then FIU to finish the non -con
Then at Purdue, Home to NW, at MSU
3 of 5 would be good. 4 of 5 very good.
Purdue is a touch down this year but that's a tough run.

If they survive that stretch 3 of 5 or better, then they have a chance to make a move over the next three games with Mich at home, PSU at home and Rutgers on the road. Not an easy game among them, but all winnable. Rutgers is playing some nasty defense.

You can pick against them for the rest of the year. If you are really that vain to think what you think will inspire them, you have a serious issue. I would guess the rest don't really give a crap

Tongue in cheek. Relax. I'm a fan, not a hater, its just been depressing this season up until last night. I'm as stoked about the win as anyone and will remain so if they keep up last night's overall effort.

This year is gonna suck because we are going to experience a lot of up and downs and then we get 3 days when one group comes on here and says "I told you so! I am so smart and a super fan!" after a win and then next week the opposite group will do it after a crushing loss.

Both are equally annoying. I guess this is the nature of the internet.

What on EARTH has anyone seen from this squad to suspect they can even hang with, let alone beat, the #3 ranked team? Optimism is one thing, but anyone *expecting* a victory today has got some serious blinders on.

Unless/until OSU puts their full bench out, i will be shocked and eat crow if the Gophers can stay within 10 points.

Today im hoping for a miracle (which is what it would take) but just wanting to see some young guys get quality minutes.

You were RIGHT, they didn't stay within 10 points....won by 13.

Plenty of crows out by my place, and I’m pretty good with a shotgun. Should I cook some up for you?

Top Bottom