Has this team given up on Pitino?

You were one of the group that completely gave up on the team last year about this time. Good to see that you are consistent.
Doesn't surprise me. Scools is the biggest Pitino hater on this board and would rather see him gone then the team do well. Don't understand why people can't just support the coach while he's here and get behind a new hire AFTER the season is over.

Doesn't surprise me. Scools is the biggest Pitino hater on this board and would rather see him gone then the team do well. Don't understand why people can't just support the coach while he's here and get behind a new hire AFTER the season is over.

Pitino is a fun guy and everyone's buddy, but I don't think he knows how to get his guys to *play* for him (ala Izzo).
Not everyone. I know some boosters who call him pee wee.
Never understood the hate thing anyway. What even gets done from hate ? Just because someone has a historically bad conference record is not a reason to hate him. You can think he is a mediocre coach without hating him.
Exactly. We will win tomorrow against the #3 team in nation or give them a great game and lose, but there will be 80% negative posts anyway.
I think we will win and there will not be any negative posts. Sure there will be a comment or two about we are supposed to win at home etc.. Some people are negative by nature. Some accept mediocrity, Some demand excellence.

Never understood the hate thing anyway. What even gets done from hate ? Just because someone has a historically bad conference record is not a reason to hate him. You can think he is a mediocre coach without hating him.

I think we will win and there will not be any negative posts. Sure there will be a comment or two about we are supposed to win at home etc.. Some people are negative by nature. Some accept mediocrity, Some demand excellence.

What on EARTH has anyone seen from this squad to suspect they can even hang with, let alone beat, the #3 ranked team? Optimism is one thing, but anyone *expecting* a victory today has got some serious blinders on.

Unless/until OSU puts their full bench out, i will be shocked and eat crow if the Gophers can stay within 10 points.

Today im hoping for a miracle (which is what it would take) but just wanting to see some young guys get quality minutes.

Last edited:

What on EARTH has anyone seen from this squad to suspect they can even hang with, let alone beat, the #3 ranked team? Optimism is one thing, but anyone *expecting* a victory today has got some serious blinders on.

Unless/until OSU puts their full bench out, i will be shocked and eat crow if the Gophers can stay within 10 points.

Today im hoping for a miracle (which is what it would take) but just hoping to see some young guys get quality minutes.
Home game, OSU likely down a player and a hungry team that will truly play together.

Today im hoping for a miracle (which is what it would take) but just wanting to see some young guys get quality minutes.
You're right! We should just tell ohio state to go home and give them the win. We play at home, maybe we get hot from 3 like we did against clemson and c. Mich. Who knows!

You're right! We should just tell ohio state to go home and give them the win. We play at home, maybe we get hot from 3 like we did against clemson and c. Mich. Who knows!

I certainly hope that you're right and i will be elated if that happens. There's just not any reason, probability-wise, to expect it.

What an absolute disaster for the haters if they even make a game of it.
So you think that there are Gopher fans that would be happier if we lost than we won ? I do not think anyone would be thrilled if we played close. We have a home game, lets win it.

What an absolute disaster for the haters if they even make a game of it.
Not at all. I would like the boys to win every game from this point and be national champions in April. The present body of work doesn't support that wish. We will see what Gopher team shows up at 5:30.

Not at all. I would like the boys to win every game from this point and be national champions in April. The present body of work doesn't support that wish. We will see what Gopher team shows up at 5:30.

Yeah but what would you guys do for the next week?

I know this much. There won't be another Corky Taylor/Luke Witte donnybrook tonight.

Definitely looks like they've given up on their coach, troll

s
Monday's loss was pathetic in all phases of the game. But, what truly is aggravating to watch is the team's undisciplined character. Is it that they are that undisciplined? Or, do they just lack motivation to play for this coach?

The Gophers do not hustle back, they make lousy passes, take lousy shots, play lousy defense, and run a lousy offense that consists of one good player in Oturu. And, we have lackluster/inconsistent guard play at best. This team can also never see to finish a game off. They should have beaten DePaul in my humble opinion. Dumb mistakes cost us that game. This is a common theme under Pitino since year 1. Maybe these guys are just that bad? Or, maybe they've given up on their fearless leader as I nagged at above.

I understand we are 9 games into the season and it is early, but it's been worse than I expected. Without the development and strong play by Oturu this could very well be a 2-7 team right now. I really hope we don't lose by 50 to OSU on Sunday...

Thoughts? Hate to sound so negative but this is reality right now.
you are a really smart guy...you should move to Vegas and bet college basketball for a living

Monday's loss was pathetic in all phases of the game. But, what truly is aggravating to watch is the team's undisciplined character. Is it that they are that undisciplined? Or, do they just lack motivation to play for this coach?

The Gophers do not hustle back, they make lousy passes, take lousy shots, play lousy defense, and run a lousy offense that consists of one good player in Oturu. And, we have lackluster/inconsistent guard play at best. This team can also never see to finish a game off. They should have beaten DePaul in my humble opinion. Dumb mistakes cost us that game. This is a common theme under Pitino since year 1. Maybe these guys are just that bad? Or, maybe they've given up on their fearless leader as I nagged at above.

I understand we are 9 games into the season and it is early, but it's been worse than I expected. Without the development and strong play by Oturu this could very well be a 2-7 team right now. I really hope we don't lose by 50 to OSU on Sunday...

Thoughts? Hate to sound so negative but this is reality right now.

Apparently...no. Have you given up on the Gophers?

You better Eat the shit out of that crow man

GLADLY, but anyone saw that coming - you should probably run out and buy a lotto ticket. Games like this are both thrilling and frustrating! Pitino gets just enough good wins and a few 4 star recruits here and there to keep it interesting, but it's been 7 years and we're still waiting to see that he can turn a corner. Looked like a completely new team, for one game anyway. I will be as ecstatic as anyone if this becomes a trend. I have my doubts, but if it takes me picking against them all year to inspire out of this world play like was saw tonight, i'll be happy to take a chiding all year long.

The team hasnt thats for sure. He'll of a game. Color me impressed with the effort tonight.

I'm here to take it like a man. I thought this team would get whipped, but instead they did the whipping. I can admit when I am wrong and tonight I am gloriously wrong. You have my blessing to tell me how wrong I was about this game tonight.

You and the other clown CPT have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.
No one on this board wants the team to fail. Even posting something so stupid proves how idiotic you are.

The team that showed up tonight was great. I'd take a season of games like tonight.
By the way, Carr looked like Bobby Jackson tonight.

I think we can close this thread. There is a definitive answer to the question posed: NO

Top Bottom