Gray Duck Spirits Sets $1 Million Goal in Partnership with Minnesota NIL Collective

"So ... what are you current sales and NIL donations to date??"

"....... $200k and $10k. BUT I'M JUST SAYIN ..... IF we get up to $1Trillion in sales ... we will totally donate $1Million to the NIL collective!!! So ... people should totally start buying more!! To the moon!!"

If Wisconsin or the Dakota schools ever find out alcohol sales can help their teams NIL funds, they'll probably overtake every other school.
Sorry. I saw Gray Duck beer here in ND with promotion of The Green and Gold Collective. Yeah, I thought it was a little weird, too.

Last edited:

"....... $200k and $10k. BUT I'M JUST SAYIN ..... IF we get up to $1Trillion in sales ... we will totally donate $1Million to the NIL collective!!! So ... people should totally start buying more!! To the moon!!"
What the f- is your beef with this company? They're just trying to help, and so far they've done more than you have.

I believe Gray Duck's program is great. Has anyone changed their buying habits from the Vodka & beer they normally drink to Gray Duck's because of the donation aspect? How is this program being accepted by the public?

If Wisconsin or the Dakota schools ever find out alcohol sales can help their teams NIL funds, they'll probably overtake every other school.
I don't know if there is a NIL link but Fernson Ears Up beer is the official beer of South Dakota State University. Much like South Dakota's land grant school, this beer is affordable, easy to get in to, and puts out a good product.

Has anyone changed their buying habits from the Vodka & beer they normally drink to Gray Duck's because of the donation aspect?

I have. I'm not saying I don't drink other beers anymore, but I pick up Duck Duck about half the time now, and specifically because of this. (I'd never heard of them before this.)

How is this program being accepted by the public?
I don't think many know about it. That's why I think everyone should pick up a 12 pack just to have around for when friends and family come over. Then you can introduce them to it and explain the concept. The guy told me I'm one of two customers buying it, so....

Thanks for the replies.
I have. I'm not saying I don't drink other beers anymore, but I pick up Duck Duck about half the time now, and specifically because of this. (I'd never heard of them before this.)

I don't think many know about it. That's why I think everyone should pick up a 12 pack just to have around for when friends and family come over. Then you can introduce them to it and explain the concept. The guy told me I'm one of two customers buying it, so....
This program is a win win for many entities. RTB Drink For A Cause!

What the f- is your beef with this company? They're just trying to help, and so far they've done more than you have.
He did the same thing in the all things DTA thread too. Dude is off his rocker on certain topics and refuses to give up. Ignore is a wonder feature

Are companies that are not profitable going to donate money? NO...they don't have money to donate. This one wants to give specifically to the NIL if they're profitable and he has an issue. I don't get it. Who cares if it springboards them to long-term success as long as the NIL wins.

I believe Gray Duck's program is great. Has anyone changed their buying habits from the Vodka & beer they normally drink to Gray Duck's because of the donation aspect? How is this program being accepted by the public?
I have substituted Gray Duck Vodka for the Tito's or Skyy that I previously bought as my "house vodka." Not really much of a vodka drinker myself, but my guests haven't complained and to my palate it's equivalent quality and perfectly fine for mixed drinks. I have also made a point of keeping a twelver or two of the beer on hand in place of the Miller Lite my neighbor likes.

Yes. Duck Duck Beer is absolutely in the rotation but not the only beer I drink. But it absolutely has replaced others. I am switching to Gray Duck Vodka as well for home use.

I have purchased the beer at the games and a couple of cases for the tailgates. It isn't good enough taste-wise to make it my go-to beer though. I haven't tried the vodka yet.

I still think the Gophers should go for a receiving corps of Waltons and Gateses, with a Bezos at QB.

Who cares if they aren't even NAIA prospects? This is our version of The Process.

Bringing a super wealthy sugar daddy into the orbit of Gopher football is the best (only) chance at winning an 8th national championship.

He did the same thing in the all things DTA thread too. Dude is off his rocker on certain topics and refuses to give up. Ignore is a wonder feature

Are companies that are not profitable going to donate money? NO...they don't have money to donate. This one wants to give specifically to the NIL if they're profitable and he has an issue. I don't get it. Who cares if it springboards them to long-term success as long as the NIL wins.
Seems like we are in line and catching up with many of the NIL programs out there. Fortune 500 programs are not where the $$ is and they are not supporting NIL. Their employees might be on their own, but the company isn't. NIL is more local/regional grass roots efforts by businesses to dip their toe into supporting the programs.

$$ for NIL can add up fast. Say all football season ticket holders signed up for the $120 annual membership, that's over $2M a year to the DTA.

Add in companies donating from profits and special programs, it continues to add up.

Reports are that the top 4% of athletes is where the current money is going. That about 30-40 athletes benefiting the most. DTA can pay $30,000 to $50,000 each to those athletes.

I think we saw during the portal time frame that MN is doing ok in keeping talent around for next year.

Gray Duck is all I buy now for light beer. The quality bar is not very high for mass produced light beer brands and this one is as good as any. The price is right too.

Yea, I def had that sort of takeaway as well. Their aiming for 30% of marketshare in Minnesota - if I'm not mistaken - and most big vodka drinkers aren't paying attention to Gopher Football. But I'd love to see it.

I've tried it and IMO it's not a bad tasting beer. I actually like it.

Where are you guys finding it regularly? Total wine in Minnetonka had the seltzer with the DTA logo, but I didn't see the beer.

Where are you guys finding it regularly? Total wine in Minnetonka had the seltzer with the DTA logo, but I didn't see the beer.
I bought mines at the liquor store across the street from the Athletic Complex.

I have found the beer there. At that time (6 weeks ago), it was in a separate end cap display. I have also found it at Surdyk's.

Top Bottom