Gophers versus Nebraska at Williams Arena on Wed. - Who You Picking?

60's Guy

Reaction score
KenPom has Nebraska at 58 Minnesota at 116
Espn has the projection giving the Gophers a 41% chance to win but it hasn't updated recently.
Nebraska suffered their first loss of the season today at home to visiting Creighton.
That's not so surprising but the 29 point margin was.
Tough psyche after being undefeated to gain confidence and get back to winning...happens a lot...teams lose the next one too.
AND, this seems dumb....first Nebraska road game for a collection of a lot of new players on their team.
So, the Gophers have advantages.
Are they enough or do we have enough to get by Nebraska on Wednesday?

Nebraska shot horribly today in their loss...33% from the field and 09% from three.
Previous three games: 46%-33% , 49%-37% , 46%-40%
So the previous three games are probably closer to who they are and may make it easy to forget about or dismiss the beat down at the hands of Creighton for them.

Betting line says we get 7.5 points

Last edited:

Has nothing to do with this game
Naw, preparation is over rated. The philosophy of making practice harder than games is not a little known concept. Same idea is to schedule teams you very likely can't beat but you surely can learn from making the opportunity to play Nebraska seem easier when it happens.
You also schedule teams you can beat to restore confidence...we got that half of the equation but we forgot the other half until Ohio State.
We shall see maybe you are correct...

I’m not sure the Williams Arena crowd is as much of a factor as other places. Maybe it’ll be 12k strong. I think it’s a pretty easy place to play these days.

I’ll be at the Barn, so I’m going with the Gophs.
The size and makeup of the crowd will be a factor.

If the crowd is the size for the New Orleans game, we get beat by 12.

If it is a fully packed house, but 50/50 Gophers/Cornhuskers, then we lose by 4.

If it is a fully packed house and is Gopher dominant, then we win by 12.

The size and makeup of the crowd will be a factor.

If the crowd is the size for the New Orleans game, we get beat by 12.

If it is a fully packed house, but 50/50 Gophers/Cornhuskers, then we lose by 4.

If it is a fully packed house and is Gopher dominant, then we win by 12.
Fully packed?

Lol.

Nebraska is 11-6 vs the Gophers over the last 17 games. Yet this is a game we 'should' win after being the worst team in the B1G the last two seasons? Ok.
And we are getting 7.5 points in Vegas... the should win talk is wacky
But we could win

Gophers need this game. Things are obviously really ugly right now, but a loss to Nebraska at home to start the B1G 0-2 and I think you have to really start worrying about kids quitting. A loss to Nebraska on December 6 and then we don't play another real team until visiting Michigan on January 4. Kids spend a month knowing they are 0-4 against the only real competition they've faced and that their future is likely up in the air in March anyway? The good (or bad depending on how you look at it) thing is I don't think many of our players could get a high major scholarship offer if they decided to transfer at the end of the semester.

I'm not sure what to make of Nebraska. I watched a lot of their Creighton game, and Creighton was just jacking 3s, especially in the first half, and draining them while Nebraska couldn't hit any. Seemed a little atypical on both ends, but who knows. The announcers were saying that the defensive scheme Hoiberg employs encourages the opponent to take a lot of 3s, so the Gophers may need to hit a few.

Tominaga is a fun player to watch.

We CANNOT go 5 minutes w/out scoring again. If we go a minute or 2 w/out scoring, Ben needs to set up an iso with Garcia. Either a basket or foul shots(or both). Ihnen needs 35 minutes + ON THE BENCH. Gophers take this one if Christie can hit a few shots.

Top Bottom