Gophers rumored to be paying $30,000 for Kramer to play in bowl game

"This rumor first surfaced via an anonymous poster on the GopherIllustrated.com (247Sports) message boards with the username ‘EdenPrairieGopher‘. Part of his post reads:

“Just heard from an A+ source that Cole Kramer was given $30,000.00 to play in the bowl game from our NIL Fund. He was set to leave but thought this would be a great way to pay for his February wedding.” "

If true:

It’s amazing to me how DTA just had a gut feeling that they should offer Kramer an extra $30k NIL contract, on top of what they already gave him for this season.

After all, school and coaching staff are not supposed to have an iota of directing how NIL money/offers be made to players. So can’t be that staff instructed DTA to figure out what kind of extra package they could offer to get Kramer to stay for bowl game. That wouldn’t be allowed.

"This rumor first surfaced via an anonymous poster on the GopherIllustrated.com (247Sports) message boards with the username ‘EdenPrairieGopher‘. Part of his post reads:

“Just heard from an A+ source that Cole Kramer was given $30,000.00 to play in the bowl game from our NIL Fund. He was set to leave but thought this would be a great way to pay for his February wedding.” "
so obviously this is true. A+ source.

For all we know that could be Meatsauce Paul Lambert. A++ yeah yeah yeah

Like many things on Gopherhole...we probably can conclude he is really getting paid to play.
But is it more than $30,000 or less or accurate? That part we don't often get. Burns said his number is different....up or down?

As far as the legality of Fleck being involved in paying him...I think it is more of a concern for somebody who is not already here...when you pay them, induce them to come to your school.

At least make it 20K upfront and the extra 10K if they win the meaningless game and still finish below .500...

Like many things on Gopherhole...we probably can conclude he is really getting paid to play.
But is it more than $30,000 or less or accurate? That part we don't often get. Burns said his number is different....up or down?
⬆️ 🆙🧐🥴🤣🤣🤣🤣
As far as the legality of Fleck being involved in paying him...I think it is more of a concern for somebody who is not already here...when you pay them, induce them to come to your school.

If true:

It’s amazing to me how DTA just had a gut feeling that they should offer Kramer an extra $30k NIL contract, on top of what they already gave him for this season.
NIL funds are as separated from the Athletic Department as Politicians are from their Super PACs. No coordination. Believe me!

People freaking out that $30k is possibly not the number and such a number is possibly exaggerated.

Like … $30k is nothing, in the world of P5 NIL, for schools that actually have it …

If true:

After all, school and coaching staff are not supposed to have an iota of directing how NIL money/offers be made to players. So can’t be that staff instructed DTA to figure out what kind of extra package they could offer to get Kramer to stay for bowl game. That wouldn’t be allowed.
Supposedly. So hard to prove anything and even then punishments are so inconsequential. No one is following these rules.

ZRL5WIB.png

Heck, this makes me wonder what Athan has left behind?

Still, just a rumor. Caught my eye though...1702681277586.png

If true, that had to be a heck of a conversation with the fiancee.

"Ah, Honey, about that wedding date.....they want me to play in the Bowl game."

"No - you can't. We've been planning this wedding for months!"

"If I play in the game, they'll give me $30,000 in NIL."

"OK, what date should we move it to."

Top Bottom