GOPHERS IN QUICK LANE BOWL VS BOWLING GREEN

Lets see. RT air to Detroit: $800. Hotel (at least 1 night): $400. Meals: $200. Tickets:$150 Local transportation: $??? Against Bowling Green? Nope. Couch time in MN. Saving for Michigan and UCLA in 2024.
Hotels in Detroit cost $400/night?

I was curious, so I looked it up:

according to google maps, driving time from Minneapolis to Detroit is estimated at just under 10 hours. 693 miles.

To be expected, extra practice is good, hopefully a win or it may not be an overall + situation. The Freshmen who have played are not freshman anymore and hopefully there will be some noticeable improvements.

I was curious, so I looked it up:

according to google maps, driving time from Minneapolis to Detroit is estimated at just under 10 hours. 693 miles.
I was looking at driving to Detroit, and from there up to my cabin in N. Wisconsin. But not sure I want to drive all the way through the UP in winter.

I was looking at driving to Detroit, and from there up to my cabin in N. Wisconsin. But not sure I want to drive all the way through the UP in winter.

I interviewed for a job once at a radio station in the UP. they told me the winters there "weren't that bad." didn't get the job, so it was a moot point.

Well that worked out well for Gophers nation.

A baseball park has been complained about for a year. So people got what they want there. Airfare is not bad to Michigan. It's winnable

I am now wondering if Wisconsin gets killed by LSU in a second bowl treat or do they maybe run the ball to embarrass LSU yet again this season.

PJ is smiling...he has an excuse to run the ball 80% of the time in the bowl game.
Maybe 85%

Georgia 13.5 point favorites over FSU.

LSU 10 points over Wisconsin.

Tennessee 8 points over Iowa.

Ohio State 6.5 point favorites over Missouri.

Texas 4.5 over Washington.

Penn State 3.5 over Ole Miss.

Michigan 1.5 over Alabama.

Quite possible that Phoenix didn't want a 5-7 team.....while Detroit was happy to fill in a Big Ten team.

Also....believe that the Quick Lane Bowl has a $2 million payout vs like $1.6 million for the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Could have been a factor.

Last time we went to Detroit as a 5-7 team we won a one-score game over a Michigan directional school. This team arguably is worse than that one especially since we have more opt outs and far more transfer portal guys these days. Leidner actually was a decent QB in that season (probably his best) and now we have a QB who only has played a few downs over the last two seasons.

I'd say Bowling Green at the Quick Lane Bowl is about our speed and, as others have said, at least we have the chance of payback for that 2021 game.

Top Bottom