GOPHERS IN QUICK LANE BOWL VS BOWLING GREEN

Really surprising. I wonder which big ten tie in isn’t getting a big ten team.

They must have opted to select earlier and get a team other than Mn

Which is fine, but if I am the big ten I never contract with that bowl again

Quite possible that Phoenix didn't want a 5-7 team.....while Detroit was happy to fill in a Big Ten team.

Also....believe that the Quick Lane Bowl has a $2 million payout vs like $1.6 million for the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Could have been a factor.

Will PJ even up the record or remain winless?

Bowling Green 7-5 this season

Liberty - L 24-34
E. Illinois - W 38-15
Michigan - L 6-31
Ohio U. - L 7-38
Georgia Tech - W 38-27
Miami OH - L 0-27
Buffalo - W 24-14
Akron - W 41-14
Ball State - W 24-21
Kent State - W 49-19
Toledo - L 31-32
W. Michigan - W 34-10

"best" win over E. Illinois - an 8-3 FCS team
best FBS win over 6-6 Georgia Tech
other 5 victories over teams with losing records

Lets see. RT air to Detroit: $800. Hotel (at least 1 night): $400. Meals: $200. Tickets:$150 Local transportation: $??? Against Bowling Green? Nope. Couch time in MN. Saving for Michigan and UCLA in 2024.
Tickets for 150? You buying ten?

(I overall agree, but tickets will be cheap)

Lets see. RT air to Detroit: $800. Hotel (at least 1 night): $400. Meals: $200. Tickets:$150 Local transportation: $??? Against Bowling Green? Nope. Couch time in MN. Saving for Michigan and UCLA in 2024.

and a 2:00pm Kickoff on the day after Christmas - meaning that you would likely have to travel Christmas night - or fly into Detroit on the day of the game - watch the game and then fly back or spend the night of the 26th in Detroit.

We made the trip back in 2018. The bowl puts on a good event. However, during the game the maid of the Embassy Suites broke into our room, stole a check out of the middle of our book (later forged it for $1000 in merchandise at a boutique) and copied all my wife's credit card numbers. She made the mistake of leaving her wallet behind because no purses allowed in Ford Field. Thankfully we weren't on the hook for the several thousand in fraudulent purposes but it took A LONG time to close all our accounts and get everything back in order.

Top Bottom