Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

…then Reusse came back on the radio and said he knew Reid was never coming to the U and he Reusse was yanking our chain. Most knew Reusse had been played and his career as an insider never recovered.

…then Reusse came back on the radio and said he knew Reid was never coming to the U and he Reusse was yanking our chain. Most knew Reusse had been played and his career as an insider never recovered.
Honestly it says a lot about Reusse that he would take pride in successfully "yanking our chain". Not a surprise though.

Exciting times. However, Evans is not a one and done or 40 minutes a game guy. There is a lot to work through with who could leave after this year (Garcia, Battle, Cooper) or who could not return from injury in Ihnen and Fox or a transfer out. If someone turns pro or a spot opens up, I see the Gophers getting a veteran guard that could play some point in the off-season.
2023-24 playing time speculation if everyone is back

Posts (2) 80 minutes
Garcia 30
Payne 20
Evans 15
Thompson, Betts and Fox 15
Very crowded here. This could push Thompson out or make it difficult for Fox

Wing (2) 80 minutes
Battle 32
Christie 16
Ihnen 15
Henley 14
Carrington 3

Point Guard
Cooper 26
Carrington 14

This does not include JOJ anywhere and does not get a lot of time for everyone. A good problem to have but scary nonetheless

If Garcia or Battle and Ihnen or Fox is not back, that is about 45 more minutes or about 5 minutes more per person.

2024 recruiting They will likely lose 2 front court players, a wing and Samuels

Post Evans, Payne, Thompson, JOJ

Could use maybe 1 skilled stretch 4

Wings. Christie, Henley, Betts, Carrington
Could use 1 great shooting wing with size

Point Guard Cooper
Need young PG

My dream class
Aumua
Knueppel
Rock

Time after Evans announces Minnesota is his choice before somebody posts….

JOHNSON WAS HIRED TO RECRUIT MINNESOTANS!

I figure it will be less than 5 minutes.

Won’t be any complaints here.

The answer to how he fits next to X Y or Z is WHO CARES. You win games with talent, coaches figure it out if there is talent. Edey/Williams didnt fit at all, so they had to split time, worked out just fine. If they dont fit they each get 20 min and then find 2-4 min they can twin tower it. Thats just fine, they dont have to play 35min a game with each other.

The answer to how he fits next to X Y or Z is WHO CARES. You win games with talent, coaches figure it out if there is talent. Edey/Williams didnt fit at all, so they had to split time, worked out just fine. If they dont fit they each get 20 min and then find 2-4 min they can twin tower it. Thats just fine, they dont have to play 35min a game with each other.
Yeah, the "problem" of trying to optimize our roster construction can optimize our abundance of talent is one of those good problems.

Gotcha. Guess I didn’t think Garcia would be going to the next level that soon. I almost think Evans would be one n done based on size/potential. Guess we have to get him first. We’ll see I guess….
My (completely uneducated) guess is that Evans most likely path would be similar to the Oturu route, 2 years to put on some weight, develop an outside game, and then off to the NBA.

Maybe the delay on announcement made it possible for coaching staff to go to be with him for announcement.

Top Bottom