Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

None of those Twitter accounts do anything but guess based upon what others say. Especially the first one, he had Winter as a Lock up until 247 crystal ball changed the night before and then suddenly changed his tune.

I’m more positive than when I posted my “scuttlebutt” last week. Lots of nervous energy on this one in Dinkytown but now seems to be more based upon how big a get it would be vs anything else, much more positivity. Just want it to be over, whatever the young man decides.

None of those Twitter accounts do anything but guess based upon what others say. Especially the first one, he had Winter as a Lock up until 247 crystal ball changed the night before and then suddenly changed his tune.

I’m more positive than when I posted my “scuttlebutt” last week. Lots of nervous energy on this one in Dinkytown but now seems to be more based upon how big a get it would be vs anything else, much more positivity. Just want it to be over, whatever the young man decides.
Its like a really bad game of telephone

Dusty Springfield chimes in:

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
Plannin' and dreamin' each night of his charms

meanwhile, noted that TCU is ranked #14 in the pre-season AP poll. I honestly did not know the program was in that echelon. after further study, they were 21-13 last year and lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney, so I'm not sure why they're ranked higher going into this season.

meanwhile, noted that TCU is ranked #14 in the pre-season AP poll. I honestly did not know the program was in that echelon. after further study, they were 21-13 last year and lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney, so I'm not sure why they're ranked higher going into this season.
I assume they’re returning a bunch of production from a pretty good team last year, like those Wisconsin teams that go to the Sweet Sixteen and somehow have no seniors, and then are preseason top 10 7 months later.

I wanna say last year was TCU’s best season in 20 or 30 years though. Pretty sure Minnesota has had more tournament success than TCU in that time, and obviously we haven’t had much.

giphy.gif

Or to put it another way, they won a game in the tournament last year. And they return everybody. Dixon has done a pretty decent job considering how bad TCU was a decade ago

If I recall, they should have won that game, too. It was against one of the big boys and a lot went against them in the end of the game and overtime(s)-I'm pretty sure there was more than one.

I long for the days when that stuff came to the top of my brain more quickly, easily, and accurately.

Question. If we land Evans, how do you guys think he fits in exactly with Payne? Isn’t Payne mostly a 5? Can he play the 4? I did see Evans can shoot the 3 on some YT videos. Just curious what you guys think.

Question. If we land Evans, how do you guys think he fits in exactly with Payne? Isn’t Payne mostly a 5? Can he play the 4? I did see Evans can shoot the 3 on some YT videos. Just curious what you guys think.

Payne could likely play the 4 with someone that tall at the 5. If Payne wants to go the NBA, it would end up being at the 4 anyway.

Every player in the country can shoot the three on video. I get the sense this guy is more of a true center, but probably has to be flexible enough to play in Ben's position less system.

If I recall, they should have won that game, too. It was against one of the big boys and a lot went against them in the end of the game and overtime(s)-I'm pretty sure there was more than one.

I long for the days when that stuff came to the top of my brain more quickly, easily, and accurately.
TCU was the 9 in an 8/9 game vs Seton Hall. They won that one and then lost to #1 seed Arizona 85-80 in OT.

Every player in the country can shoot the three on video. I get the sense this guy is more of a true center, but probably has to be flexible enough to play in Ben's position less system.
So what about Garcia? He plays the 3? Battle? Seems like a good problem to have I guess. I think Garcia technically has 3 years left, battle 2, obviously Payne for 4. Is Payne the odd man out?

Garcia will not be here at the same time as Evans. Battle is probably 50/50 for next year.
Gotcha. Guess I didn’t think Garcia would be going to the next level that soon. I almost think Evans would be one n done based on size/potential. Guess we have to get him first. We’ll see I guess….

Gotcha. Guess I didn’t think Garcia would be going to the next level that soon. I almost think Evans would be one n done based on size/potential. Guess we have to get him first. We’ll see I guess….

Unless Garcia has a bad year, you have to think he is gone with a good season for scouts/tape. He was a McDonald's All American and not a lot of those guys stay in college for 4 years. I'd rather expect him to be gone because that means he played very well this season!

Top Bottom