Gophers #112 in initial KenPom rankings

at 63 the gophers are in the area of lunardi's bubble teams. for example, Seton Hall at 60 and Pitt at 61

without an established win to add to their bona fides, guessing the gophers have to get around 50 on kenpom to be a bubble team
We get one Sunday

just think if we didnt collapse against Iowa and 8 win mizzou team!!
and that close loss to wisconsin
for me: if this team could play every remaining game like they played the first half of purdue and the second half of nebraska they could beat just about any team.

43rd offensively, 100th defensively. Absolutely need better defensive effort to win in this league.

To compete for deep March runs too(I know baby steps).

But really hard to go deep without top 30 in both.

Nearly impossible with a D outside the top 50

63 as of this posting.

Win out and we should be up above 10 more (?) maybe?

Last edited:

The Gophers airplane is approaching the airport.

The airport's name is "NIT."

Sorry if you thought it was NYC or NCAA.

Sorry if you thought it was NYC or NCAA.
yep. guessing the gophers would have to win the next 5 in a row to hear "flight being diverted"

Sorry if you thought it was NYC or NCAA

OSU is 56 and I want to catch them and getting into the mid 50s is a good finish.

I’m very happy with NIT as a destination, but pissed it’s not in NYC anymore, if we don’t win out in the conference tournament. We’ve never won it, it’s here and the year before expansion - that would be a Top 5 MN sports memory for me.

I was at MSG in 2014 when Pitino hoisted the hardware. It was literally a crowd of hundreds.

Now that the season is over, the Gophers finished at 78, one spot behind Penn St, in their 1st season with a new head coach and a completely rebuilt roster.

78 ranked 11th in the B1G. The Gophers non-conference schedule finished dead last at 362.
Yeah...well..in the new B1G we'd rank ahead of USC and UCLA so 13th out of 18. I think we're supposed to be happy with that.

Top Bottom