GAME #21: Gophers (15-5, 4-3) @ Nebraska (9-9, 1-5) [BTN, 1/26, 5:00PM]

lets hope the Gophers learned from their debacle last week in Iowa and at MSU. If thats the Dejavu you are talking about . The Gophers are not talented enough to roll in to any city and expect to win....

I don't see anyone over confident in this game, especially not Pitino and the players, which is all that really matters.

While inconsistent the Huskers have the ability to play with anyone in the conference, Gophers need to play well to win today.

The key to winning what could be a sneaky tough game? Stay on Petteway and Gallegos like stink on $hit! Those two are their everything. Petteway is their driver and all-around scorer (but can't hit perimeter jump shots), and Gallegos knocks down threes.

Petteway has hit 37% of his 73 3 pt. attempts. He is very streaky and can hit from deep. This will be a tough matchup because he is too big for Austin and too fast for our 4's.

I'm very nervous about this game. This is a game that Tubby would definitely lose. A win today would put another notch on Pitino's belt in my eyes.

I think Pitino will do what he's been doing all year, find a weakness in the opponent and attack it. I see the Gophers winning with ease...but what do I know.

I haven't watched any NE basketball. What is their wealness?

I have to agree on the road this is a very tough game. I just feel a let down coming for some reason with the big win over Wisconsin. Lets no forget no dre we played one great game without him but he is still one of our best. How many games can u survive without him on the floor before you lose a game where the subs don't step up big.

IMHO, key to success is Dre Mat. NE has no guard capable of containing his quickness. They will almost certainly zone as others have predicted, but if the Gophers can rebound and press effectively, NE will have insufficient half court stop opportunities to overcome the Gophers' superior speed and inside presence with the new two-headed monster EE-MO, leading to easy baskets. I think it is the Gophers' game to win. And it will be an under-rated major statement game for the Gophers to prove they can win the games they should win on the road.

I'm very nervous about this game. This is a game that Tubby would definitely lose. A win today would put another notch on Pitino's belt in my eyes.

Unprovable and completely inconsequential statements are fun.

I will admit I have not seen the huskers play at all this year, but why are they so dangerous? I get that they have only played 2 home games in conference play, and played them both well, but its not like their non conference record is any good, they also lost to penn state, so what I'm I missing here? I know anyone can beat anyone at any given time,especially in B1G, but this is a game we should win, if we don't overlook them. Do we just matchup bad with them or something? Do they have better size compared to us?

I will admit I have not seen the huskers play at all this year, but why are they so dangerous? I get that they have only played 2 home games in conference play, and played them both well, but its not like their non conference record is any good, they also lost to penn state, so what I'm I missing here? I know anyone can beat anyone at any given time,especially in B1G, but this is a game we should win, if we don't overlook them. Do we just matchup bad with them or something? Do they have better size compared to us?

That is the thing we worry about with this game, Guy.

I haven't seen them either, but we're without our leading scorer on the road. That's a problem. This is a classic game that the Gophers would lose under Tubby. He could beat good teams at home every now and then, but he couldn't consistently beat inferior teams on the road. A win today would provide more hope that things are different. This will probably be a hard fought game. I'd be much more at ease if Andre Hollins could play.

Welcome back to the board. To what do we owe the pleasure?

If I were to guess, it would have something to do about policing free thought and being the arbiter on acceptable opinions to have and share. But then again, my guess would be an opinion, and probably one that wouldn't be found suitable by Don Dpod. I suspect I'll be sentenced to more of his policing as a punishment.

I am reading all the projections and prognostications about the prospects for a trip to the dance. As much as I also believe in this team and the coaching, we must remember that the players have to execute perfectly to win, especially on the road. This game is not a gimme by any stretch.
If the players execute today, they will win this game. However, do not be shocked if the Gophers lose today. Nebraska had Michigan beat and lost at the buzzer. They have beat OSU and played some other teams tough. Defensive focus, maniacal perimeter execution, strong play inside with Mo and EE exploiting a natural mismatch , and being able to stay out of foul trouble will be keys to our victory today. This game is one step in the journey to March madness. Win or lose this game we are in the hunt for a seeding. Life is always difficult on the road in this conference.

Thank you Captain Obvious. What's next? Water is wet, snow is cold & don't piss into the wind?

If I were to guess, it would have something to do about policing free thought and being the arbiter on acceptable opinions to have and share. But then again, my guess would be an opinion, and probably one that wouldn't be found suitable by Don Dpod. I suspect I'll be sentenced to more of his policing as a punishment.

Are you watching The Godfather on AMC?:cool02:

Gopher in Philly is a typical troll....if you don't like my thread then don't comment on it. It is simple and easy. The negative attitudes and negative energy of some people astound me. They must be miserable human beings...Anyway, I hope the team has learned from the MSU game and IOWA is my point. Let's see if this team is really as coachable as I think they are.

I've said it all along. Tim Miles will have his team ready to play tonight, and their home crowd has been electric so far this season. It wasn't going to be an easy game with Dre healthy, so I'm certainly not going in assuming this is an automatic win.

EDIT: I should also add that I would've been terrified going into today's situation with last year's coaching staff, but I think Pitino will get the guys to find a way to win.

8-1 at home, 1-8 away from Lincoln. That alone makes me nervous. Add in Hollins and the nervousness grows.

Like I said in the other thread though, I would've been terrified going into today's situation with last year's coaching staff, but I think Pitino will get the guys to find a way to win. It might not be pretty though.

Nebraska's 3rd leading scorer Deverell Biggs isn't playing tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nebraska guard Deverell Biggs will not play today due to personal reasons.</p>— Sean Merriman (@BTNSean) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTNSean/statuses/427573466343034880">January 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nebraska's 3rd leading scorer Deverell Biggs isn't playing tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nebraska guard Deverell Biggs will not play today due to personal reasons.</p>— Sean Merriman (@BTNSean) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTNSean/statuses/427573466343034880">January 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That helps quite a bit

Top Bottom