Fresh Start Liam Robbins Thread

The way I read the information above, there is only one free transfer, not one plus a grad transfer.
Maybe you’ll be correct, but I’ve always interpreted the grad transfer as a bonus on top of the regular rules.

Maybe you’ll be correct, but I’ve always interpreted the grad transfer as a bonus on top of the regular rules.
That was the old rule, it doesn't appear to be an exception anymore. Here's what the NCAA says now (scroll down to question 13):

Q & A on new transfer rules

I guess they could achieve the same result by liberally allowing transfer waivers to graduates, but it would seem that part of the new rule is trying to get out of the waiver review business.

I guess they could achieve the same result by liberally allowing transfer waivers to graduates, but it would seem that part of the new rule is trying to get out of the waiver review business.
They don't want to do waivers anymore. That's the whole point, as you say.

EDIT: I didn't read closely enough. Yes, they plan to maintain waivers for players who: 1) transfer as undergrads, then 2) earn their degree at the second school, and 3) still have eligibility and want to transfer again elsewhere.

Top Bottom