Fleck is staying!!!

What is hysterical is the PJ smoke which meant he is gone to UCLA was pushed by Ryan Burns who knows nothing.
I don’t subscribe to his site, so I don’t know what he said. All he ever posted on Twitter that I saw, was a repost of McMurphy’s story where McMurphy said PJ was a candidate with the quote of, “oh boy.” Exactly how did Burns push this? What was on his site?

Well supposedly PJ met face to face with the UCLA AD in Mexico. So he was obviously interested enough to interrupt his vacation to allow him to fly down and meet
Who supposedly said Fleck supposedly flew to Mexico to meet supposed AD?

UCLA site
guessing Its the same site I have access too. the UCLA 247 site. I just read it on there. Here it is.

"The word is that Jarmond is going to Mexico on his whirwind, private plane tour of interviewing candidates in person. And right now, we’ve confirmed from sources out of Minnesota that Mexico is where P.J. Fleck is.

A source said Fleck was in the SoCal area last week for a short turnaound on a speaker gig. That’s now two separate trips he’s taken to Los Angeles in the last two weeks, according to this source. We haven’t heard that the trips were related to the UCLA head coach opening, but it’s fairly coincidental."

What is hysterical is the PJ smoke which meant he is gone to UCLA was pushed by Ryan Burns who knows nothing. His customers who pay him monthly on his site are convinced he is a prophet and thinks everything he types is a sure thing and most of them thought PJ was gone. Suckers. PJ is the best thing that this program has had in a long time.
Damn, I’m sorry that Ryan Burns kicked your dog.

Well supposedly PJ met face to face with the UCLA AD in Mexico. So he was obviously interested enough to interrupt his vacation to allow him to fly down and meet
He'd be crazy not to. And if UCLA called Matt Rhule, he would've answered, too, then announced he was staying at Nebraska. I mean, I know they didn't show interest in Rhule. But coaches who don't at least talk about other opportunities to get a raise, if nothing else, are doing it wrong

I’ll believe it when UCLA has a new HC. Their AD is a PJ Fleck clone.

He'd be crazy not to. And if UCLA called Matt Rhule, he would've answered, too, then announced he was staying at Nebraska. I mean, I know they didn't show interest in Rhule. But coaches who don't at least talk about other opportunities to get a raise, if nothing else, are doing it wrong
You have to be seriously interested to allow the AD to fly down to Mexico and interrupt your anniversary trip.

You have to be seriously interested to allow the AD to fly down to Mexico and interrupt your anniversary trip.

You have to be seriously a dink to post so much after the season about Fleck but not once did you post after Fleck beat your Huskers once again, over and over. He lives rent free in your head and he owns your 7 year Bowl less program.

Extension to be announced soon after his return.
I hope not.

Has not earned one. He should be choosing to stay here under his current contract.

But probably not how it works.

So he's happy to be here but leverages the smoke for an extension (and presumably a raise). I guess you can't blame a guy for taking advantage but if I'm Coyle, I'd call his bluff. PJ has a $7 million buyout and is contracted through 2029. I'd wait first to see whether PJ can replicate his so-called success in the NIL world and without the benefit of Big 10 Waste division scheduling benefits. You might be extending a guy that doesn't cut it in the nee reality.
Not just Fleck ... his agent.

Agent smells a way to get himself a cut, he's going to take it. That's how they do

"You just leave this to me, PJ. I'll take care of this!"

I like fleck. I want him to stay. I’m glad he is. I still think it was a bad 2024 season.
I haven’t renewed my season tickets yet. Wonder if USC, Iowa and Penn St folks will pay for third row seats. It be nice to be a “Raider” season ticket holder right now.

Can I assume that GH lore will now include a clandestine meeting in Mexico with UCLA and the rejection of a huge offer because he loves Minnesota?
Claim you have a source and roll with it I say. Just as credible as anything else, but way more fun!

Bonus if you have a podcast. :cool:

I was frustrated beyond belief the way last season played out, but I'm feeling positive about 2024 in that I feel PJ is making a real effort to change this roster for the better. It seems he was working the portal more than I've seen in the past.

Like Uncle Pat says "A high BMI & Low IQ is not a good way to go thru life". Gopher fan's prayers were answered PJ will not be turning UCLA into a National powerhouse. "The power of prayer is mightier than the sword." Mahatma Gandhi

Some of the negativity on these two baords (football and hoops) is just incredible.

I am happy P.J. is staying. He has moments that fristrate me, but he is a good coach and the proof is in the record. 50-34 in seven years is better than we have done in my 53-year time as a Gopher football fan.

Claim you have a source and roll with it I say. Just as credible as anything else, but way more fun!

Bonus if you have a podcast. :cool:
You can make a lot of money saying things that people want to hear!

“Truth” is … no fun!

Jarmond, sources tell The Athletic, did pursue Minnesota’s P.J. Fleck, but Fleck told the Bruins AD he didn’t want the job and wants to stay where he’s at. Jarmond also reached out to new Arizona coach Brent Brennan, but the former Bruins receivers coach isn’t going to leave the job he just accepted.

Top Bottom