Fleck and Fickell go back on forth about Martin Owusu negative recruitment

The U's #1 Supporter Chimes in.

Ruesse just outed himself as not knowing what negative recruiting is

“Come play for Minnesota in the big ten” =\= the Missouri valley sucks and your coach is a sleazeball

Fleck went out of his way to say. "We don't negative recruit." in his presser.
Might be a bit nitpicking, but publicly speaking about the tactics a rival coach uses in recruiting can be perceived as subtle negative recruiting, at least when it comes to in-state recruiting.

Might be a bit nitpicking, but publicly speaking about the tactics a rival coach uses in recruiting can be perceived as subtle negative recruiting, at least when it comes to in-state recruiting.
Fleck knows what he's doing. He had a new rival recruiting the state and Fleck let everyone know what he thought about it.

You don’t know what the word “offended” means. I just like laughing at you flaming all over these boards.
You also like pleasuring yourself to illegally obtained images per your posts

You also like pleasuring yourself to illegally obtained images per your posts
Lol. See! You flaming out all over this board us really funny. It’s a laughing at you thing, but it’s good. Please don’t ever change.

Does this work against us? I would imagine it's in our favor for most prospects.

Remember we're not recruiting old white dudes who often have negative attitudes about cities. We're recruiting teenagers who want to go to college and party and meet girls and in the case of the Black players, have a community around that looks like them.

I grew up on a dirt road in the boonies and the big city was a big reason for choosing the U
We have no idea what people would prefer - it’s an opinion.
That being said, we could negatively recruit against smaller college towns, and they could negatively recruit against big city campuses.

I brought this up in response to a question about what could possibly be used negatively against us.

Lol. See! You flaming out all over this board us really funny. It’s a laughing at you thing, but it’s good. Please don’t ever change.
For sure won’t.
You should please change
Get help

For sure won’t.
You should please change
Get help
Take a deep breath buddy and re-type this into something that makes sense. I like it when you're on full tilt flame mode. This hissy fit induced short circuited version of you just isn't as funny.

So big deep breath, compose yourself, and re-type.

Take a deep breath buddy and re-type this into something that makes sense. I like it when you're on full tilt flame mode. This hissy fit induced short circuited version of you just isn't as funny.

So big deep breath, compose yourself, and re-type.
Deep breath

From the stories I have read, I’m excited about which of the two the gophers have.
Fickell could be great but I think he has major downside potential for Wisconsin as well.

Whereas the Nebraska hire may not have the same upside but I also think Rhule has a higher floor than Fickell.
I think you meant ceiling?

I think you meant ceiling?
No. I think that Fickell has a higher ceiling. He is also more likely to be a major flop.

Ruhle I think is just a solid coach but I’m not sure he will win a big ten title. But I am confident he will get them winning 8-10 games consistently.

Fickell I could see taking Wisconsin to the 12 win land.
I also could see Fickell being 5-7 a few times and becoming their version of frost

No. I think that Fickell has a higher ceiling. He is also more likely to be a major flop.

Ruhle I think is just a solid coach but I’m not sure he will win a big ten title. But I am confident he will get them winning 8-10 games consistently.

Fickell I could see taking Wisconsin to the 12 win land.
I also could see Fickell being 5-7 a few times and becoming their version of frost

I honestly don't see Fickle getting to 12-win land as long as Fleck is at MN, Ferenz at Iowa and Bielema at IL. Especially the first two as Wisconsin plays MN and IA every year even if divisions disappear. Also because Fickle is going head to head for recruits with those coaches. The last time WI had a 12-win season was 2017 when both MN and IL were down as were Purdue and Nebraska. I don't see it.

To me the essential question is why did PJ start this pissing contest?
My suspicion is that he desperately craves attention and the Fickell appointment as HC at WI was generating universally positive comments in the national sports news and PJ felt left out.

My suspicion is that he desperately craves attention and the Fickell appointment as HC at WI was generating universally positive comments in the national sports news and PJ felt left out.

Or it could be because Fickle is a dirty cheap bastard.

Why not?

You are correct though. Almost all FBS coaches like attention. You’re going to be hard pressed to find a guy who is a college football coach who doesn’t have an ego.

Phat Pat and others don't seem to care to note that the actual Wisco text messages to the players were presented to PJ. No heresay.

I have to add something that I saw on my very infrequent visits to Buckyville.
It seems when PJ and Fickell were assistants OHST Fleck's acting in his usual manic way and Fickell who was the LB coach leveled PJ.

I honestly don't see Fickle getting to 12-win land as long as Fleck is at MN, Ferenz at Iowa and Bielema at IL.
Really, you can say this about all five programs though (MN, WI, NE, IA, IL).

They're so similar and so close .... it's just so unlikely that any one of them is going to rise up and beat all of the others. They're going to knock each other around.

I have to add something that I saw on my very infrequent visits to Buckyville.
It seems when PJ and Fickell were assistants OHST Fleck's acting in his usual manic way and Fickell who was the LB coach leveled PJ.

So you ARE confirming that Fickle is a dirty cheap bastard.

Could you see Fickell taking Minnesota to 12 win land?
I think he has a high upside
I think changing Wisconsin’s identity is dangerous
If they can do it without taking a major step back over the next 2-3 years

I might actually have more confidence in Fickell at a place other than Wisconsin. It’ll be strange to not see them under center.
Fickell at Nebraska I would have more confidence in than Fickell at wisconsin.
Ruhle I would feel the same about whether it was wisconsin or Nebraska

Really, you can say this about all five programs though (MN, WI, NE, IA, IL).

They're so similar and so close .... it's just so unlikely that any one of them is going to rise up and beat all of the others. They're going to knock each other around.
If NE or WI are in the B1G title game in 2023 all bets are off on them becoming a 10+ win team every year. They have the brand to do it with the right culture and coach.

Top Bottom