FCS Playoffs

SDSU 59-0 over U Albany

SDSU 556 yds Tot Off - Albany 298 Yds Tot Off. (4 turnovers)
SDSU QB Mark Gronowski 265 yds passing, 3 TD. RB Isaiah Davis 107 yds rushing, 2 TD. Jadon Janke 6 rec-151 yds, 1 TD

NDSU plays Montana at 3:30 Saturday afternoon in the other FCS Semi-final.

Last edited:

This is a powerhouse team. The last lost was last season to Iowa, and they easily could have won that one too.
The Iowa game was Mark Gronowski's first game back after tearing an ACL in the 21 spring national title game. He was noticably rusty in the Iowa game, including missing a deep ball to a wide open Janke brother that would have been the game winner. It took several games for him to find his groove. If he hadn't had the long layoff, SDSU wins the Big 10 west in 22.

SDSU 59-0 over U Albany

SDSU 556 yds Tot Off - Albany 298 Yds Tot Off. (4 turnovers)
SDSU QB Mark Gronowski 265 yds passing, 3 TD. RB Isaiah Davis 107 yds rushing, 2 TD. Jadon Janke 6 rec-151 yds, 1 TD

NDSU plays Montana at 3:30 Saturday afternoon in the other FCS Semi-final.
A lot of garbage yards for Albany. Remarkably, not a single member of the SDSU D made an AP FCS All-America team.

This is not worth Its own thread. Ill post it here.

There is a rumor going around Fargo that Tim Brewster was here today about the NDSU coaching job.

Probably isnt true but still amusing. The only place I can find it online is on the NDSU message board. I did hear it from word of mouth here in Fargo also.

I think it is crap. Did make me chuckle though. If it was true there would be more sources than just an NDSU message board.
I want so badly for this to be true. Which probably means it isn't.

Funny how I’ve been banned multiple times on this board for just mentioning North Dakota State. Go Grizzlies!

The Bison were getting 5 yards falling forward on OT so of course get cute and call the same play the Griz just used to beat them. That's why the Fargo Faithful aren't sold on Tyler Roehl as H.C. Congrats to the Griz on being national runner up.

Boohahahahaha!
Few things make me happier than when the Bison are eliminated.

The Bison were getting 5 yards falling forward on OT so of course get cute and call the same play the Griz just used to beat them. That's why the Fargo Faithful aren't sold on Tyler Roehl as H.C. Congrats to the Griz on being national runner up.
after putting in the backup QB and running out a bizarre formation. never understand why coaches feel the need to do this kind of window dressing as their "best" 2 pt play that they run in practice all the time. You knew it was going to be something exotic (ie a wr pass, double throw, etc) the second the lined up.

after putting in the backup QB and running out a bizarre formation. never understand why coaches feel the need to do this kind of window dressing as their "best" 2 pt play that they run in practice all the time. You knew it was going to be something exotic (ie a wr pass, double throw, etc) the second the lined up.
Some talk on twitter that Cam Miller could hardly stand up after getting drilled. He was in but lined up wide. Probably needed to be in the tent.

Weird weird play. The only receiver with a route into the endzone that I saw was a tight end that got pulled down. Maybe it was just a broken play?

Some talk on twitter that Cam Miller could hardly stand up after getting drilled. He was in but lined up wide. Probably needed to be in the tent.
Miller was concussed I’m convinced on the play before the tying TD pass to send it to OT.

Great game!!!

Some blast the FCS but there were some players out there who will get drafted or get a free agent look.

I think UM has the players to compete with SDSU. Miller, Bergen, etc.

Great game!!!

Some blast the FCS but there were some players out there who will get drafted or get a free agent look.

I think UM has the players to compete with SDSU. Miller, Bergen, etc.
It will be a fun, fresh matchup. All long before current players' time but SDSU has some Montana demons to exercise. Montana hasn't looked particularly sharp on offense and hasn't faced a defense like SDSU. The Griz have a fast, but a bit undersized defense and SDSU has a big, enforcing O line a big back and a ton of weapons. Every team has a couple of studs. SDSU is loaded with them and I'd be surprised if it isn't at least a two score game.

I was at the griz game and that was an incredible atmosphere. They might get smoked in the final but what a game. Not sure if I’ve ever seen TCF go that crazy.

I watched SDSU every time i could this year, and if I still lived down by Mankato/ St Peter I might have taken the 2 hour drive to Brookings to see Friday's game. i really like CFB.

My main hope in having Montana win, was to see a new, fresh match up as Sweede2 noted.

The ESPN crew kept talking about how physical and fast SDSU was and it would have been fun to see.

Maybe some like S.O.N or others know do the ESPN crews even get to these remote sites on short notice? Do they fly into Sioux Falls, or MSP with an overnight on hwy. 14 at Walnut Grove? ha ha ha

Maybe they stopped here:
Sioux Falls is kind of a big boy town for its size plenty of flights in and out of there.

Went to football camp at the University of Montana and had a chance to play at SDSU.

I might just make the drive up 45 from Houston to go the FCS National Championship game.

Top Bottom