FCS Championship game is going on KSTP Channel 5 Twin Cities at 11:00 AM

Yes it does. FCS to FBS you have to move up in all sports. Other schools are granfathered in.
How does a school move up from FCS to FBS in women’s soccer??

Sorry, but this is factually incorrect.

What you’re probably thinking of is that schools can’t move up from DIII or DII to DI in one sport.

Also the Fargodome isn't even selling out
Football is the only sport that has sub-divisions.
You’re just wrong on this.

From the article I posted that you didn't click on:

The school needs to sponsor 16 athletic sports while adhering to Title IX as well. North Dakota sponsors 14 athletic programs. Hover your mouse over "sports" at the Bison athletic website to see what they are. In order to join the FBS, NDSU has to manage to come up with the money to add at least two more sports teams which includes a staff, a facility etc. That alone is a very large financial undertaking.
--

Read More: NDSU is Not Moving to the FBS So Stop Suggesting It | https://cool987fm.com/ndsu-is-not-m...ng-it/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Yes, that is correct.

And is entirely, completely a different point than you were previously trying to make.

Also your own link says that NDSU would have no problem meeting the 15k attendance minimum. Which is correct even with the Fargodome not selling out.

Also your own link says that NDSU would have no problem meeting the 15k attendance minimum. Which is correct even with the Fargodome not selling out.

I agree with that. I never said they would have a problem with that. Take deep breaths now. Ill stop answering. Clearly this is an emotional issue for you. ??

The posts are there. Pretend differently all you want.

You made it an incorrect claim that NDSU would have to move all sports to the FBS level. And you were called out on it. It’s ok, I’m wrong all the time. You’ll live.

What I guess is that you meant to say that NDSU would have to abide by rules governing FBS teams, such as requiring 16 sports. That’s fine but you expressed that very poorly.

As for the 16 sports, that would be very simple for NDSU to do and be in compliance with Title IX. They simply add women’s swimming and tennis, which are sponsored by the Summit. Done.
Might not be cheap, but would be what they’d do.

The posts are there. Pretend differently all you want.

You made it an incorrect claim that NDSU would have to move all sports to the FBS level. And you were called out on it. It’s ok, I’m wrong all the time. You’ll live.

What I guess is that you meant to say that NDSU would have to abide by rules governing FBS teams, such as requiring 16 sports. That’s fine but you expressed that very poorly.

As for the 16 sports, that would be very simple for NDSU to do and be in compliance with Title IX. They simply add women’s swimming and tennis, which are sponsored by the Summit. Done.
Might not be cheap, but would be what they’d do.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect. That would give NDSU 14 sports. They still would need 2 more in both men and womens to be compliant.

You made an incorrect claim and got called out on it. Its ok Im wrong all the time. You will live.

They have 14 now, as your article says is the minimum for DI.

EDIT: NDSU has 16 now. The article author didn’t realize that he NCAA allows indoor and outdoor track teams to be counted separately.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect. That would give NDSU 14 sports. They still would need 2 more in both men and womens to be compliant.

You made an incorrect claim and got called out on it. Its ok Im wrong all the time. You will live.
His g4l posting tendencies are really starting to show...:rolleyes:

They’d probably still need to add women’s swimming and tennis to meet Title IX, to balance the extra scholarships for football.

His g4l posting tendencies are really starting to show...:rolleyes:
Feel free to put MplsGopher on ignore if replies to MplsGopher posts really cause you that much grief.

Instead of passive-aggressive cowardly snide remarks.

Have a good day!

JMU is making it a game again, 20-28 with 6:55 remaining.

I like how NDSU use their three big TEs. Two have five TDs, and the third 6 TDs.

After all I heard about SDSU, I am shocked they aren’t in this game. Tough to make it when 8-5 I guess.

PI on NDSU! 7 sec left for JMU to try to tie it

I would agree that I'd like to support them, but their fans think they can beat anyone in football. If they would just temper their thoughts, I'd come around. So ND just won the junior league national championship. Nice, but lets put it in perspective.

NDSU wins it on last second int. Eighth natty in nine years. Kinda absurd!

JMU gave them a game though

I see the Dakotas as simply extensions of MN so I'm happy about this. I like seeing success in the region.

I know this has been debated ad nauseam but I'm convinced there's 4-8 players in the upper midwest in any given recruiting class that end up at NDSU/SDSU that would be solid contributors in the Big Ten. It's not like they're usually hidden in some small town in rural western Minnesota either. There's a lot of talent in the big suburban Twin Cities high schools that gets passed over for whatever reason; way more than you see from any other comparable major metro it feels like.

It has been a pretty good year for me as a football fan. My doctorate alma mater, the U of MN, had their best season in 3 generations (albeit I'm still miffed about the Iowa and Wiscy losses). My employer, NDSU, wins another FCS championship. And my undergraduate alma mater, the U of IL, made it to a bowl game. Lots to be grateful for this year. If the Vikings, against all odds, can just beat the 49'ers...

I see the Dakotas as simply extensions of MN so I'm happy about this. I like seeing success in the region.

I know this has been debated ad nauseam but I'm convinced there's 4-8 players in the upper midwest in any given recruiting class that end up at NDSU/SDSU that would be solid contributors in the Big Ten. It's not like they're usually hidden in some small town in rural western Minnesota either. There's a lot of talent in the big suburban Twin Cities high schools that gets passed over for whatever reason; way more than you see from any other comparable major metro it feels like.

If I were them, I wouldn't change a thing. They are the king of the hill. What is it, they won eight FCS Championships in nine years?

Top Bottom