FCS Championship game is going on KSTP Channel 5 Twin Cities at 11:00 AM

hungan1

Reaction score
I didn't realize we have this gametoday. James Madison (14-1) just scored a TD against NDSU (15-0). James Madison appears to have a huge Offensive Line.

JMU is one of the very few FCS programs in the nation, particularly outside the Missouri Valley conference, that can beat NDSU in a given year.

Good luck!

Surprised Trey Lance didn’t get more FBS love. The kid was pretty fun to watch at Marshall.

It is too bad Mankato State, defunct St. Cloud State, or UMD are not elevated to FCS or D1 schools. They would have given NDSU a run for MN and regional recruits. I suppose it is a very expensive proposition.

Surprised Trey Lance didn’t get more FBS love. The kid was pretty fun to watch at Marshall.
He's a great athlete and has been very efficient throwing the ball. Because they've been so dominant, he really hasn't had to win games with his arm. Averages about 180 yards passing and under 20 attempts a game.

Rural upper midwest seem to be under rated by all the ratings services. Once in a great while, you have Blaise Andries who you cannot miss. I won't be surprised where some players who did not have a development program in HS who goes to a program like NDSU and develops into an NFL caliber player. I can't think of the name of the player recently who went to NDSU and got drafted into the NFL.

NDSU is never short of trick plays. They faked a field goal and ran one in for a TD.

Two efficient teams.

I'd really like to see NDSU put together a package and make a push to enter the Mountain West Conference.

It is too bad Mankato State, defunct St. Cloud State, or UMD are not elevated to FCS or D1 schools. They would have given NDSU a run for MN and regional recruits. I suppose it is a very expensive proposition.

This would never, NEVER be considered at UMD. No where near the facilities, funding or interest--- and UMTC would not want to have to be stubbing their toe on them. --- and we already know what happened at SCSU.

If Glen Taylor wants to pay for it, I’m sure Mankato would love it.

FCS is a big money loser unless you have a dedicated fan base. Very expensive, especially to be nationally competitive in the Missouri Valley.

Rural upper midwest seem to be under rated by all the ratings services. Once in a great while, you have Blaise Andries who you cannot miss. I won't be surprised where some players who did not have a development program in HS who goes to a program like NDSU and develops into an NFL caliber player. I can't think of the name of the player recently who went to NDSU and got drafted into the NFL.
Joe Haeg? From Brainerd? Was an immediate starter with Indy.

This would never, NEVER be considered at UMD. No where near the facilities, funding or interest--- and UMTC would not want to have to be stubbing their toe on them.
Plus politics of not wanting competition for UMD hockey. Many reasons it won’t happen at Duluth.

St Cloud doesn’t have FB anymore.

I also think not having a non-power 5 FBS program in the area helps.

Two efficient teams.

I'd really like to see NDSU put together a package and make a push to enter the Mountain West Conference.
I totally get why people say this. However, this is as much of a DOA non-starter for the MWC as you’re going to get. So many reasons they’d turn it down:

- new timezone and distance. West coast and Hawaii would block it instantly
- Boise doesn’t want the competition
- revenue would have to be shared without bringing in much new revue (not much market or national interest)
Etc

Roughly same for the MAC.

NDSU’s only path forward to FBS is to move up as an independent and try to make it work that way. Liberty has set the trend, so it’s possible.

But NDSU seemscontent to bide their time and see if a major realignment in college football comes about.

What they’d love to see is for FCS and the lower half of FBS to merge and for the upper FBS teams to split off. Some think this is coming soon. I don’t but we’ll see.

Phoenix Sproles from Cooper having a nice game as well, played with Phillip Howard in HS.

They said during the broadcast that Boise offered him last second, but he kept his commitment to NDSU.

Two efficient teams.

Moving up doesn’t make much sense imo

Two efficient teams.

This comes up every year. Will never happen for several reasons. Ive posted it before in full but the short answer:

1. NDSU doesn't want to move up. They love dominating FCS

2. No longer can schools move up in just one sport. You have to move up in all sports and that costs alot of money.

3. Conferences have a minimum requirement for number of seats in a stadium. The Fargodome only seats 19,000 and doesn't have room for expansion. NCAA requires a conference invite to move up unless they grant a waiver (Liberty)

This comes up every year. Will never happen for several reasons. Ive posted it before in full but the short answer:

1. NDSU doesn't want to move up. They love dominating FCS

2. No longer can schools move up in just one sport. You have to move up in all sports and that costs alot of money.

3. Conferences have a minimum requirement for number of seats in a stadium. The Fargodome only seats 19,000 and doesn't have room for expansion. NCAA requires a conference invite to move up unless they grant a waiver (Liberty)
#2 doesn’t apply here.

NDSU Is great for athletes who never really got the interest or offers from FBS schools. They have had a pretty good record against FBS school the last decade. Looking forward to their game against Oregon next year. Will speak volumes about their coaching staff if they can win that game.

Yes it does. FCS to FBS you have to move up in all sports. Other schools are granfathered in.
It doesn’t. NDSU is D-I in all sports already. Unless they have to become professional or something, they are already in the top division.

Top Bottom