Empty Stadium

A hawk is generally a term for an older gay man who prays on vulnerable younger men, often those of not legal age. Simultaneously Iowa paints the visitors locker room pink to imply anything gay or feminine is bad or wrong somehow.

These are mixed messages.

chew on this 38 games, iowa has lost 9 of those. Not a single game in double digit looses. No one has come close to doing to Iowa what Iowa just did to MSU. Even in defeat, the Hawks have been in every single game for the past 3 seasons with a legitimate chance to win until the very end. GIven yourself a chance to win at the end.....the little rodents have been out of it for three decades generally speaking and most of time done at half time. Nice way to represent your fans, university, and the big ten....Now the whole united states is laughing at you not just IA and WI or just the Big Ten but ya the whole country.....nice work

So, we're awful this year? Thanks for pointing that out. It was lost on all of us.

You going to send me another PM telling me what a meanie I am and how you're on the lookout to get me now?

So, we're awful this year? Thanks for pointing that out. It was lost on all of us.

You going to send me another PM telling me what a meanie I am and how you're on the lookout to get me now?
In light of my earlier post and the fact that he has Hawk right in his name you may have misunderstood his advances.

Sure hope TCF isnt as empty as it was yesterday when the hawks come to town to break in Kinnick North AND for a trip to the rose bowl, it's gonna be U...G...L...Y....

Can you guys make sure at least one stall in each bathroom isn't being used to have sex in by Iowa fans? Thanks, appreciate it.

Carver Hawkeye arena is probably the saddest display of support I have ever seen. Only show in town and maybe a few K the past few times Ive been there. :eek:

"meanie" probably said you were a complete @sshole. stand behind what you say. I am one person on your little board. Go to the hawk report and there are about 20 trolls daily from up north blasting the hawks after AZ and WI games. Its a football game, why dont you try to separate life and football once and think about the things that REALLY matter. For calling yourself a MBAGuy you sure are stupid

Kinnick north lol. Why not, with nothing to do but watch the "hawks" and want you sister, you guys deserve it. By the way, your not any closer to the Rose bowl than we are....Wait till you get a taste of some Buckeye. They are going to shred your hawk butt.

Haha Iowa has not lost a football game by double-digits since the middle of the 2007 season. The Hawks have won 49 of 59 home games. I hope the Gophers get a good coach and become a better program but you come across as as child here. Iowa just slaughtered a Top 5 Michigan State team by 31 points and now MSU will get much needed therapy as they destroy Minnesota in East Lansing. Minnesota has won the last 3 against the Spartans, but this year Minnesota is nearly on the same level as Washington State. Good luck against Sparty!

Carver Hawkeye arena is probably the saddest display of support I have ever seen. Only show in town and maybe a few K the past few times Ive been there. :eek:

Completely agree! Unreal! Iowa Basketball is about what gopher football, now go to basketball board and talk about it there.

Can you guys make sure at least one stall in each bathroom isn't being used to have sex in by Iowa fans? Thanks, appreciate it.

Ya, that was a new one I guess. What a great idea that was. Pretty bad, I admit. Very poor judgment on a couple hawkeye fans.

It takes a tiny, tiny coward to hide behind and boast about the accomplishments of others. Do you really want to go there?

Completely agree! Unreal! Iowa Basketball is about what gopher football, now go to basketball board and talk about it there.

Just like you should now go to the Iowa board and talk about the hawkeyes there?

"meanie" probably said you were a complete @sshole. stand behind what you say. I am one person on your little board. Go to the hawk report and there are about 20 trolls daily from up north blasting the hawks after AZ and WI games. Its a football game, why dont you try to separate life and football once and think about the things that REALLY matter. For calling yourself a MBAGuy you sure are stupid
Hey guys, some of you do it too so this anti-social behavior is completely appropriate. Now watch as I try to grasp at some kind of meaning in my empty life by lording the relative superiority of the group of 18 - 24 year old kids I favor over the group of 18 - 24 year old kids you favor, neither of whom care a whit about either of us.

LOOK ON THEIR WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR!

Honestly, if you're going to troll, can you at least write coherently? Do you type with mittens on or something?

Since I'm the idiot here, I guess, let me see if I can decipher wtf you're talking about:

"meanie" probably said you were a complete @sshole

I got this much: you're referring to the PM you sent me after I ripped for the millionth time for pissing on the fans of one of the worst teams in the country. Says a lot about the kind of person you are.

stand behind what you say.

What the deuce is it I've said that I'm supposed to stand behind? That you're a d-rocket? I stand wholly behind that. Let me know if you were alluding to something else.

I am one person on your little board. Go to the hawk report and there are about 20 trolls daily from up north blasting the hawks after AZ and WI games.

If I went to the boards of opposing teams, I'd rip our fans who were ripping Iowa. We're in no position to rip anyone right now. As it happens, I don't go to those boards. But if we were a good team, I sure as hell wouldn't start going to your board to piss on you if you were down. I'd be celebrating having a good team and anticipating a sweet bowl game rather than tasting Scott Tenorman's tears.

Its a football game, why dont you try to separate life and football once and think about the things that REALLY matter.

You absolutely lost me here. I'm not the one going to the fanboard of a 1-8 football team telling them they're a national embarrassment as if that hadn't already become clear. I see you've got a clear handle on things that REALLY matter. In the grand scheme of things, does our horrific football team matter? No, it really doesn't. But having a good team makes the week go by a little faster and is less depressing than watching your team get filleted every Saturday. And, you know, I'm on a fanboard, so it makes more sense to talk about my football team than the horrors of cancer and the threat of alien invasion.

I'm pretty much done with you now. Feel free to PM me to carp some more about how dumb and unfair I've been to you.

actually it is the 6th. Whats youre point? It's like me saying you built a new stadium in one of the biggest Big Ten Schools in the one of the biggest Big Ten Cities yet built the 2 smallest of 11 Big Ten Schools....really want to go there? But hey you have hockey right? Stick to something besideds football and you'll be just fine, the gophers wont win the big ten in the next 15 years, high probability of that and you know it!

7th biggest in the Big 10 starting next year. For a state with nothing else, I'm not impressed.

To feed my tiny ego, I like to go to a "Dude, Where's My Car" board and boast about all the Academy Awards that I helped the Godfather win.

7th biggest in the Big 10 starting next year. For a state with nothing else, I'm not impressed.
Also the largest free standing structure in the state without grain in it.

Actually the crowd, except the students, wasw not that bad most of the first half.

Access to a tix will be pretty easy for the Hogeyes.

Student section, 2nd quarter against Penn State.

73745_1442683113701_1431795514_30965668_3956544_n.jpg

iowa has had it's share of bad seasons believe me, however the fans dont leave. In the 30 years I have been going to games there I havent seen it as empty as TCF. Hope there is break away goal posts, better take em down after the 3rd quarter

Ever seen Carver Hawkeye arena? I bet the max attendance there was 500 last year and that was for the Minnesota game when 400 Minnesota fans showed up. Nice fair-weather fanbase.

Kills me how Hawkeye fans never remember needing 2 blocked field goals to beat Northern Iowa by 1. And then they give us crap for beating South Dakota State by 3.

iowa has had it's share of bad seasons believe me, however the fans dont leave. In the 30 years I have been going to games there I havent seen it as empty as TCF. Hope there is break away goal posts, better take em down after the 3rd quarter

FAIL. TCF was pretty damn full against OSU. Guaranteed your fans left after being blown out in the 3rd quarter.

But whatever. Keep talking that trash. It's almost like you are good at it.

To feed my tiny ego, I like to go to a "Dude, Where's My Car" board and boast about all the Academy Awards that I helped the Godfather win.

HAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!

Only that you actually didn't even have a HAND in the Godfather.. You just happen to be a big fan of it.

Either way, great post!

FAIL. TCF was pretty damn full against OSU. Guaranteed your fans left after being blown out in the 3rd quarter.

But whatever. Keep talking that trash. It's almost like you are good at it.

Lets start with WHEN iowa was blown out by the third quarter. Remind me how many games ago that was.....

Kills me how Hawkeye fans never remember needing 2 blocked field goals to beat Northern Iowa by 1. And then they give us crap for beating South Dakota State by 3.

UNI beat USD this year...NDSU and SDSU as well. UNI beats IA State regularly as well. Whens the last time you saw a team block to field goal attempt back to back to win a game. It was a W, period, end of story.

Ever seen Carver Hawkeye arena? I bet the max attendance there was 500 last year and that was for the Minnesota game when 400 Minnesota fans showed up. Nice fair-weather fanbase.

At least Iowa addresses the problem instead of letting it go on for 3 decades. We'll see this year, I will let you know after the first game how full it is.

TCF will be a little harder to take the field on then the open air livestock barn you call Kinnick Statium. There are few people in sec 105 I'd love to see you try and get by as you attempt to take the field.

TCF will be a little harder to take the field on then the open air livestock barn you call Kinnick Statium. There are few people in sec 105 I'd love to see you try and get by as you attempt to take the field.

wow...we've gotten to this. I am going to be there with my family and two kids to watch a good big ten football game and then leave. However, I doubt this section you speak of will stick around to the end, should have a 30 point lead by half time. I expect no less then 12 trick plays against the hawks at TCF this year

wow...we've gotten to this. I am going to be there with my family and two kids to watch a good big ten football game and then leave. However, I doubt this section you speak of will stick around to the end, should have a 30 point lead by half time. I expect no less then 12 trick plays against the hawks at TCF this year

So let me get this straight. You come over here to talk trash, get everybody fired up and brag about tearing down the goalposts. And then after folks respond to your trash in kind, you are concerned you might be mistreated due to your stupidity at the stadium because you'll be there with your family and kids? Haha. What a joke. And you wonder why Iowa fans are constantly thought of as fools on this board.

Trust me, Iowa fans remember quite well and I can tell you first hand that years were taken off of my life during that game. To suffer the embarrassment of losing to an FCS school is unthinkable to me. I cannot imagine what it would be like to actually lose to teams like North Dakota State and South Dakota. Let me be the first Iowa fan to congratulate Minnesota for the tremendous victory over South Dakota State and admit that Iowa played poorly against UNI but I'll take the win.

I am bringing my kids also. You aren't thinking of family planning are you? I want to make sure they don't stumble into a stall you are in.

Top Bottom