Empty Stadium

MspHawk

Reaction score
Sure hope TCF isnt as empty as it was yesterday when the hawks come to town to break in Kinnick North AND for a trip to the rose bowl, it's gonna be U...G...L...Y....

It's not quite Kinnick North without the visitors locker room paint job that reveals the homophobia latent to your football program.

Actually the crowd, except the students, wasw not that bad most of the first half.

Access to a tix will be pretty easy for the Hogeyes.

I'm prepared for the worst. It'll be like Hillbilly's taking over Paris.

After Iowa loses to tOSU, they won't be playing for anything but the Capital One Bowl.....

Sure hope TCF isnt as empty as it was yesterday when the hawks come to town to break in Kinnick North AND for a trip to the rose bowl, it's gonna be U...G...L...Y....

Yeah! Go fan of the Hawkeyes!! It won't be empty. There will be thirty thousand inbred Iowa fans there.

After Iowa loses to tOSU, they won't be playing for anything but the Capital One Bowl.....

If they do, I won't blame anyone dumping their tickets to them. Screw it, they'll forgo Christmas and dental services for a year to be there. Get top dollar. Lots of empty Coors Light cans on the ground and Dale Earnhardt bumper stickers on campus that weekend.

I can't wait until the day I have the time to go on Iowa's message boards and talk about basketball... or hockey.

Kinnick North (lol)

Wrong on two points if indeed you are trying to make the comparison that TCF Bank Stadium is Kinnick Stadium north? The first point is that TCF Bank Stadium is a better venue and second the correct name using your logic would be Kinnick Stadium Northwest.
I do get the point you are making and there should be plenty of seats. Are you really that dense to understand why there would be empty seats in a stadium where the home team has had 40 plus years of futility. Do you honestly think that Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, Michigan Stadium or any stadium for that matter would be full if they had the same record as Minnesota in that stretch?
I am actually worried for you Msphawk, you are sounding like you are from Wisconsin. I can say that I will be there like I always am until the end of the game. I am not a fair weather or a bandwagon fan. It is easy to cheer for a winner. I bleed maroon and gold and if for some reason I could not attend the game they would be given to a Gopher fan.

Go Gophers, bring home Floyd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an offer of $100 total for my six lower-level tickets (on the aisle nonetheless). Boy, those Hawkeye fans sure are rabid. If I decide not to go, I'll donate them to Tix for Tots before I sell them to the evil neighbors at a massive discount.

I can't stand the thought of Hawkeye fans filling up TCF stadium but at least they have a team that is still playing meaningful games in November. I only hope we have a team worth following to away games so we can raise a little hell in Iowa City and Madison, not to mention Lincoln.

As someone who lives among them, you are correct about the ugly part. The ugliness of the crowd will increase tenfold with all these iowans in TCF.

Kinnick north lol. Why not, with nothing to do but watch the "hawks" and want you sister, you guys deserve it. By the way, your not any closer to the Rose bowl than we are....Wait till you get a taste of some Buckeye. They are going to shred your hawk butt.

I really don't get all of this Iowa is going to take over stuff. The game means nothing to MN. It means something to Iowa. Nebraska fans took over Notre Dame stadium. It happens. Iowa fans like to make a big deal out of it. Cubs fans invade Miller Park. Twins fans invade Miller Park. Packer fans invade the Metrodome. MN has a lot of transplants. They want to see their home state play. Iowans act like we should be disgraced. I could care less. When we win we won't have the issue but until we do, I'm not gonna worry about it.

I really don't get all of this Iowa is going to take over stuff. The game means nothing to MN. It means something to Iowa. Nebraska fans took over Notre Dame stadium. It happens. Iowa fans like to make a big deal out of it. Cubs fans invade Miller Park. Twins fans invade Miller Park. Packer fans invade the Metrodome. MN has a lot of transplants. They want to see their home state play. Iowans act like we should be disgraced. I could care less. When we win we won't have the issue but until we do, I'm not gonna worry about it.

It's "couldn't care less", and it's that very attitude that makes this fanbase a laughingstock. Have some damn pride. It's humiliating when you can't even give away tickets in YEAR 2 of a brand new stadium. And it's a tiny stadium. Sad, really.

It's "couldn't care less", and it's that very attitude that makes this fanbase a laughingstock. Have some damn pride. It's humiliating when you can't even give away tickets in YEAR 2 of a brand new stadium. And it's a tiny stadium. Sad, really.

It's only humiliating to insecure people who can't separate college football from the real things that matter in life.

Ok Pantherhawk, whatever you say.

Wisconsin or Ohio State will be in the Rose Bowl before the Iowegians......especially after they lose to Ohio State to suffer their 3rd loss.

iowa has had it's share of bad seasons believe me, however the fans dont leave. In the 30 years I have been going to games there I havent seen it as empty as TCF. Hope there is break away goal posts, better take em down after the 3rd quarter

no matter what, be prepared for an empty student section...most kids will be home over thanksgiving break since it's the only days off of the semester for students...unless they all come back early, I know I have a thanksgiving saturday so I sadly have to miss the game, the students will be absent

iowa has had it's share of bad seasons believe me, however the fans dont leave. In the 30 years I have been going to games there I havent seen it as empty as TCF. Hope there is break away goal posts, better take em down after the 3rd quarter

Kinnick is the 7th biggest stadium in the Big 10. Discuss.

Minneapolis's finest will be waiting billy clubs ready for the drunken pig f-ers....

Discuss.....

Kinnick is the 7th biggest stadium in the Big 10. Discuss.

actually it is the 6th. Whats youre point? It's like me saying you built a new stadium in one of the biggest Big Ten Schools in the one of the biggest Big Ten Cities yet built the 2 smallest of 11 Big Ten Schools....really want to go there? But hey you have hockey right? Stick to something besideds football and you'll be just fine, the gophers wont win the big ten in the next 15 years, high probability of that and you know it!

Minneapolis's finest will be waiting billy clubs ready for the drunken pig f-ers....

Discuss.....

oh no.....will they be trying to sound blast the fans with kids like myself who are there to watch a quality big ten football game? That was a nice move, by the way it really worked well.

chew on this 38 games, iowa has lost 9 of those. Not a single game in double digit looses. No one has come close to doing to Iowa what Iowa just did to MSU. Even in defeat, the Hawks have been in every single game for the past 3 seasons with a legitimate chance to win until the very end. GIven yourself a chance to win at the end.....the little rodents have been out of it for three decades generally speaking and most of time done at half time. Nice way to represent your fans, university, and the big ten....Now the whole united states is laughing at you not just IA and WI or just the Big Ten but ya the whole country.....nice work

Top Bottom