Drew Viotto enters transfer portal.

This is not good, I don’t think, yeah they will find some transfers but someone else will probably take ours, with a little hype of course. That’s what, 4 transfers out at one position, in 2 years? What’s the point of a bowl game when ya got no field general eh?

I hope they are not counting on an incoming recruit to be number one, all these other guys were supposed to be the cats meow, especially Knuth and A K. Why would anyone think Lindsay is better?

AK was going to be drafted, according to the coach as late as August, not trusting the process at this point. Seems like just A crap shoot and so far ……..

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of Gopher's entering the portal?
Maybe. QB is a very different animal from other positions. Not a mass exodus necessarily.

I'm hearing word of a fellow....from Africa....named Nanu. Anyone else?

I've never had knee surgery, a broken knee or played any professional sports so I don't really know how that would effect AK. However, the knee brace he always wore made me wonder if it is a long healing process especially if he's getting sacked or having to put pressure on it? Just my 2 cents. I wonder what would've been if he was healthy?
That knee brace is 100% a Fleck thing. All QBs in the Fleck era are tasked with wearing a brace on their plant leg.

I’ve wondered this as well. I think I’ve heard or seen where Houston Nutt said he was the best, or one of the best, high school QB’s he’s ever seen. PJ might have decided to hand him the keys to ensure he doesn’t decommit????
Decommit to who? We are his only P5 offer.

MASH reference - he was a character in the first season - Spearchucker Jones. He was the 4077’s QB.

Full disclosure - I’ve seen every episode at least once🤪

From Wikipedia -

Capt. Spearchucker Jones​

Captain Oliver Harmon"Spearchucker" Jones is a character who appears in the novel MASH (and its sequels), and was portrayed by Fred Williamson in the movie and Timothy Brown in the television series. In all iterations, the Spearchucker character is a superior surgeon who was also a stand-out collegiate athlete. "Spearchucker", a common racial slur, is said to refer in this case to his javelin-throwing prowess. Initially, he is transferred to the 4077th to help them win a football game (Jones is said to have played with the NFL's San Francisco 49ers) against the 321st Evac Hospital. In the novel, it is related that while a poorly paid resident, he had been scouted by the Philadelphia Eagles playing semi-professional football in New Jersey for extra cash, and had been signed by the Eagles, playing with them until he was drafted. Coincidentally, actor Timothy Brown played most of his nine-year NFL career with Philadelphia and was selected to the team's Hall of Fame in 1990.[69]

It is established in the novel that Jones is from Duke Forrest's hometown of Forest Park, Georgia, and knew Duke's father. Duke makes racist comments about Jones, causing Hawkeye and Trapper to punish Duke. In the sequel novels, particularly M*A*S*H Goes to Maine, Jones joins the other doctors in their practice in Spruce Harbor, Maine, becoming a highly successful doctor and prominent citizen.

The character's middle name was Harmon in the film and Wendell in the novels. He is a board-certifiedneurosurgeon in the film, and in Episode 1/04, "Chief Surgeon Who?" in which Hawkeye is named Chief Surgeon of the 4077th, Spearchucker's specialty is indicated as he struggles to do other types of surgery. When he asks Hawkeye for help, he says, "Anything outside the skull, I'm dead."

Spearchucker was shown during several episodes during the first season of the series. His full name was never mentioned in the series. He was one of the original Swampmen with Trapper, Hawkeye, and Frank Burns, and was the sole black surgeon at the 4077th. In the pilot episode, to raise funds for Ho-Jon's education, Trapper "jokingly" suggests selling Spearchucker. During his brief run on the show, it was implied that he and nurse Ginger Bayliss (played by Odessa Cleveland) were romantically involved.

Spearchucker's role was limited. It is implied he assisted Hawkeye and Trapper in their schemes on the sidelines. The producers decided to drop the character after the first few episodes, reasoning that they wouldn't be able to write enough meaningful episodes for Spearchucker if they were concentrating on Hawkeye and Trapper. Some accounts assert the producers were unable to find evidence for black Army surgeons in Korea; there were, however, several black surgeons who served in the US military at the time.[70]

MASH reference - he was a character in the first season - Spearchucker Jones. He was the 4077’s QB.

Full disclosure - I’ve seen every episode at least once🤪

From Wikipedia -

Capt. Spearchucker Jones​

Captain Oliver Harmon"Spearchucker" Jones is a character who appears in the novel MASH (and its sequels), and was portrayed by Fred Williamson in the movie and Timothy Brown in the television series. In all iterations, the Spearchucker character is a superior surgeon who was also a stand-out collegiate athlete. "Spearchucker", a common racial slur, is said to refer in this case to his javelin-throwing prowess. Initially, he is transferred to the 4077th to help them win a football game (Jones is said to have played with the NFL's San Francisco 49ers) against the 321st Evac Hospital. In the novel, it is related that while a poorly paid resident, he had been scouted by the Philadelphia Eagles playing semi-professional football in New Jersey for extra cash, and had been signed by the Eagles, playing with them until he was drafted. Coincidentally, actor Timothy Brown played most of his nine-year NFL career with Philadelphia and was selected to the team's Hall of Fame in 1990.[69]

It is established in the novel that Jones is from Duke Forrest's hometown of Forest Park, Georgia, and knew Duke's father. Duke makes racist comments about Jones, causing Hawkeye and Trapper to punish Duke. In the sequel novels, particularly M*A*S*H Goes to Maine, Jones joins the other doctors in their practice in Spruce Harbor, Maine, becoming a highly successful doctor and prominent citizen.

The character's middle name was Harmon in the film and Wendell in the novels. He is a board-certifiedneurosurgeon in the film, and in Episode 1/04, "Chief Surgeon Who?" in which Hawkeye is named Chief Surgeon of the 4077th, Spearchucker's specialty is indicated as he struggles to do other types of surgery. When he asks Hawkeye for help, he says, "Anything outside the skull, I'm dead."

Spearchucker was shown during several episodes during the first season of the series. His full name was never mentioned in the series. He was one of the original Swampmen with Trapper, Hawkeye, and Frank Burns, and was the sole black surgeon at the 4077th. In the pilot episode, to raise funds for Ho-Jon's education, Trapper "jokingly" suggests selling Spearchucker. During his brief run on the show, it was implied that he and nurse Ginger Bayliss (played by Odessa Cleveland) were romantically involved.

Spearchucker's role was limited. It is implied he assisted Hawkeye and Trapper in their schemes on the sidelines. The producers decided to drop the character after the first few episodes, reasoning that they wouldn't be able to write enough meaningful episodes for Spearchucker if they were concentrating on Hawkeye and Trapper. Some accounts assert the producers were unable to find evidence for black Army surgeons in Korea; there were, however, several black surgeons who served in the US military at the time.[70]

"It's nice to be nice to the nice."

- Major Frank Burns

Top Bottom