Drew Peterson commits to Gophers!

Good news. Will he be the tallest Gophers "guard" ever?

Very happy. Peterson was the transfer I most wanted. Updated 2020 recruiting class:

Freshmen: Martice Mitchell and Jamal Mashburn
Juniors: Liam Robbins and Drew Peterson
Senior: Brandon Johnson

Not bad at all.

Welcome! I agree nice trade with guys who don't want to be here.

My only question is how was rice so bad. Having him and that murphy kid.

Just watched his YouTube clip. Hits a lot of shots with defenders in his face. Great to see he can create his own shot.

The size lineup they can throw out there if Robbins gets eligible - 7’Robbins,6’9”Johnson,6’9”ihnen,6’8” Peterson and 6’ guard Carr with 6’9” curry, 6’10 Mitchell,6’8”omersa - kalshaur at 6’5” and Mashburn at6’2” the little guys - holy crap!
forgot about 6’10” Freeman and 6’5”’ Williams -if everything goes right we will be super deep....

Last edited:

Is there still a belief that the transfers will be eligible to play immediately?

I've seen a lot of folks assuming the NCAA wants to get away from waivers, and thus will move for a one-time free-for-all kind of deal this year, while others have reported that the more likely scenario is that said movement would go into effect the following season.

Best case scenario is that Peterson and Robbins can both play right away and the Gophers have a solid 8.5 player rotation.

Carr-Kalscheur-Peterson-Johnson-Robbins with Mashburn, Williams, Ihnen and one of Curry/Omersa/Freeman in maybe a 5-8 minute per game role. That's not a bad looking rotation assuming the freshmen take even modest steps in improvement.

Is there still a belief that the transfers will be eligible to play immediately?

I've seen a lot of folks assuming the NCAA wants to get away from waivers, and thus will move for a one-time free-for-all kind of deal this year, while others have reported that the more likely scenario is that said movement would go into effect the following season.

Best case scenario is that Peterson and Robbins can both play right away and the Gophers have a solid 8.5 player rotation.

Carr-Kalscheur-Peterson-Johnson-Robbins with Mashburn, Williams, Ihnen and one of Curry/Omersa/Freeman in maybe a 5-8 minute per game role. That's not a bad looking rotation assuming the freshmen take even modest steps in improvement.
Forgot about Mitchell....

Vote is in May.

The committee that looked at the issue recommended they vote to allow the new guidelines — which basically say that if you’re in good standing and this is your first request for a four-year transfer waiver, then you get it no questions.

Fingers crossed, but I’m optimistic.

Bleed, you should have saved this one for your 50,000th post. In anycase, a great one. Put number 50,083 in your hall-of-fame great announcements.

STATS
2019-20

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Wow. I like this. I prefer him over the Keir kid. Looks like he’ll fit better, to me.

I wonder if pitino told Keir he was out. My thought is the spot was Walton’s if he wanted it. Petersen was next and said he was taking it if Walton passed on it. Just a guess.

The size lineup they can throw out there if Robbins gets eligible - 7’Robbins,6’9”Johnson,6’9”ihnen,6’8” Peterson and 6’ guard Carr with 6’9” curry, 6’10 Mitchell,6’8”omersa - kalshaur at 6’5” and Mashburn at6’2” the little guys - holy crap!
forgot about 6’10” Freeman and 6’5”’ Williams -if everything goes right we will be super deep....
your off on your heights..LOL

My only question is how was rice so bad. Having him and that murphy kid.
Love the guys that want to be here but people need to remember that rice is a mid major and to not pay that much attention to highlights. The Murphy kid wants to sit a year. That is what i want for Peterson.

Top Bottom