Doogie tweet on Sumlin

Crazy Joe Davola;290804I can't share the name of the #1 target said:
We have no reason whatsoever to believe that you have some special information that you just can't share with us. Why should your rumor - which you refuse to share - be any better than anyone elses? Your claiming that you know something but can't share it doesn't give anyone any information at all.

Let me put it this way

would you share a name with a bunch of people on a website that may or may not include members of the media that may get a friend of yours fired (due to recent leaks at the U) just because people tell you that your a jackass for even bringing anything up without naming names. I won't. I was simply trying to let you all know that we will be extremely happy and that the U is swinging for the fences. In the future no other information will be shared. I will continue to be a reader and no longer a poster. And I know good riddance.

would you share a name with a bunch of people on a website that may or may not include members of the media that may get a friend of yours fired (due to recent leaks at the U) just because people tell you that your a jackass for even bringing anything up without naming names. I won't. I was simply trying to let you all know that we will be extremely happy and that the U is swinging or the fences. In the future no other information will be shared. I will continue to be a reader and no longer a poster. And I know good riddance.

Can you at least answer this: has his name even been mentioned on here? That seems vague enough to avoid any consequence.

If they haven't heard of Leach than they don't follow college football and don't watch ESPN. I agree about Sumlin but let's be honest Minnesota fans can't name more than five coaches outside the Big Ten.

Exactly. Most Gopher fans don't follow college football on a National level, don't watch ESPN, can't name 5 coaches outside the Big-10 & if they do, they only know the traditional superpowers, Texas/USC/Notre Dame/Miami yes. Red Raiders? Probably not.

would you share a name with a bunch of people on a website that may or may not include members of the media that may get a friend of yours fired (due to recent leaks at the U) just because people tell you that your a jackass for even bringing anything up without naming names. I won't. I was simply trying to let you all know that we will be extremely happy and that the U is swinging for the fences. In the future no other information will be shared. I will continue to be a reader and no longer a poster. And I know good riddance.

You bring up a good point. If they do, indeed, have a #1 target AND they shared that name at the office after the leak about Brewster's job, then we have true morons running the asylum. I don't think they're that stupid.

Joe, when I first saw your post, I knew you'd be ripped apart. You just can't come on a message board and hint at something like that and expect people to take what you said at face value -- that we should be excited, but you can't share. I think the hostility towards you is unwarranted but you had to know it was going to happen.

I actually believe you are probably telling the truth. You've been posting on here before seemingly without an agenda, so I don't know why you would pull a stunt like this before (although there have been some real pieces of work here on the Gopherhole who have done that...this very season, and previous years). That is why I have no particular reason to not believe you. Thanks for sharing, if indeed this is true.

If you did choose to name the coach that was discussed, I don't see the harm in providing the name in a list of 5 other candidates of similar prestige that have been mentioned (or haven't been mentioned here). I'm not asking you to do this, but other posters have and I don't think it's unreasonable.

I hope you are right on and we have reason to believe the Gophers will be nationally relevant again. Go Gophers!

Post or don't post, but we really don't have any reason to give any special credence to your rumor of a rumor over any of the 100 other rumors out there.

I'm fine with the "extremely happy" portion of this post. I think he has read enough here, and pays close enough attention that my mind is at ease that the name we eventually hear is not "The Canadian Coach", Bohl, et al.

Feel free to PM me and tell me. I'll keep it under my hat. I have more secrets stored away in noggin than Langley.

I hope it's not that crazy rumor about the U trying to snatch Steve Spurrier from South Carolina...

I hope it's not that crazy rumor about the U trying to snatch Steve Spurrier from South Carolina...

You mean the crazy rumor that you are trying to start here?
picture.php

I'm glad you didn't. I have inside information that they are leaking different coaches names to different people, to figure out who the mole is. I hope you haven't mentioned it to anyone for your friend's sake.

Top Bottom