Doogie: "Ben Johnson is in zero trouble. I've had people ask me, zero trouble. We can have a different conversation one year from now..."

Musselman has found a home in Fayetteville. Smith has found a home in Salt Lake City. Those ships have sailed. I don't honestly know if Holtman would be successful here.

I've posted this elsewhere: Dutcher and Medved might still be available, even after being snubbed last time. Brian would stabilize this situation in a hurry.
Musselman is admittedly unlikely. But he's having a meh season, and he does tend to wear on folks, so the powers at Arkansas might not be as motivated to move heaven and earth to keep him as they were two years ago. It would take a massive contract though.

I still think we can get Craig Smith, though perhaps not with Coyle as AD. He wanted this job badly and the Pac 12 might not be above the Mountain West in status in two years.

Holtmann would be very much like the Tubby hire, but I'd take a do over on that and hope for better luck.

That’s the thing…he won’t be remotely close to that next year, so the time to admit the mistake and start over is now. Another year with this coaching staff will just drive the program even further into the ground than it already is.
Then the following year, we'll be replacing Garcia and Cooper and who knows if Payne is still on the team. There has to come a point where if you're Payne, you like Ben Johnson, but do you just keep playing on awful teams?

What does that even mean? That Evans was improperly poached by another team through the use of NIL money?
Evans has an agency working for him in the NIL world. I suspect a lot of guys do. NILs and last place teams are not a likely combination. The decision is understandable and probably has a lot of reasons, but NIL is 100% a part of it.

That’s the thing…he won’t be remotely close to that next year, so the time to admit the mistake and start over is now. Another year with this coaching staff will just drive the program even further into the ground than it already is.
What will be done eventually should be done immediately. This is the same way I felt about Pitino after year 3. Admittedly, he pulled off a miracle. But that's not happening this time.

Evans has an agency working for him in the NIL world. I suspect a lot of guys do. NILs and last place teams are not a likely combination. The decision is understandable and probably has a lot of reasons, but NIL is 100% a part of it.
Probably. And if the gophers were 21-6 right now they’d have NIL money to give him. Always fun to blame NIL but it’s the program that sucks.

Probably. And if the gophers were 21-6 right now they’d have NIL money to give him. Always fun to blame NIL but it’s the program that sucks.
Like most things with money, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and you have to have money to make money. Once this was cast in this direction, there were certain to be big winners and big losers.

Like most things with money, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and you have to have money to make money. Once this was cast in this direction, there were certain to be big winners and big losers.
It took football close to 50 years to overcome adminstrative apathy. How long for basketball?

What does that even mean? That Evans was improperly poached by another team through the use of NIL money?
There's no such thing as "improperly poached with NIL money" because there's no enforcement. It's the wild west and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

It took football close to 50 years to overcome adminstrative apathy. How long for basketball?
They dug their grave in 99. Damn fools. Clem would have been here another 7-8 years or more and we’d have rolled right into his assistant. I will never forgive the terrible administration at the U for what they did to Clem and the program.

Now that they have PJ he should have a blank check:

They dug their grave in 99. Damn fools. Clem would have been here another 7-8 years or more and we’d have rolled right into his assistant. I will never forgive the terrible administration at the U for what they did to Clem and the program.

Now that they have PJ he should have a blank check:
Clem is a dumb fuk! What he did was embarrassing.

Let's just say I know one of the players on that team. It was Worse than you'll ever know.

Yes that’s pretty much exactly what it means. The NCAA is not enforcing anything either.
What's to enforce? If some "non-affiliated" NIL fund whispered an offer in his ear, who is the NCAA going after?

Let's just say I know one of the players on that team. It was Worse than you'll ever know.
I knew someone too. I didn’t believe it either. Until….

He won and was the best coach here in my fan lifetime. I don’t care what he did. His kids didn’t do homework? No top NCAA kids do. They take joke classes and get passed because they are players.

He won and was the best coach here in my fan lifetime. I don’t care what he did. His kids didn’t do homework? No top NCAA kids do. They take joke classes and get passed because they are players.
There was more than that, sir!

PM me and I will fill you in.

There was more than that, sir!
Again, I don’t care! All the big time D1 NCAA is a joke it’s not about school anymore and hasn’t been for decades.
The U was holier than though and it killed their basketball program years ago.

Again, I don’t care! All the big time D1 NCAA is a joke it’s not about school anymore and hasn’t been for decades.
The U was holier than though and it killed their basketball program years ago.
You don't know the half of it, but if you don't care, why even bother.

Was Clem bad to his players? Or do anything to physically harm them? Or did he just have someone write papers for them and coach them to win bball games?

Was Clem bad to his players? Or do anything to physically harm them? Or did he just have someone write papers for them and coach them to win bball games?
Good grief

What's to enforce? If some "non-affiliated" NIL fund whispered an offer in his ear, who is the NCAA going after?
It’s not supposed to be guaranteed in a pay for play model. Kids are suppose to be able to sell their brand. Miami blatantly broke the rules and did so in public and they didn’t do anything on the men’s side. They just did something on the women’s side. The NCAA was against this and they want it to be a mess on purpose so they can say “I told you so”.

You don't know the half of it, but if you don't care, why even bother.
Loved Clem, but yeah he got let go deservingly so. I wish our media would’ve handled it differently. I wish the NCAA would’ve given us credit for doing the right thing, but here we are

Evans and Henley leaving could be the answer to Ben dramatically improving next year.
It almost forces him to get two good guards in the portal and make the team better NOW! Not some 5 year plan with freshmen.

Evans and Henley leaving could be the answer to Ben dramatically improving next year.
It almost forces him to get two good guards in the portal and make the team better NOW! Not some 5 year plan with freshmen.
He was forced to get two good guards this past off season and he couldn’t do it….now your banking on him accomplishing that after a 1 win big ten season and another year of proving that he is in over his head?

Evans and Henley were not the two guys I had in mind to not be on the team next year so we have room to add guards….

Top Bottom