Donovahn Jones a GOPHER!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
@BrianPaglia: BREAKING: Dutchtown 2013 QB Donovahn Jones has flipped commitment to Minnesota #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Jones has a big offer list: Missouri, Arkansas, Cinci, NC State, and many more!!

Go Gophers!!

mother......of................god

Henry Daily Herald: Dutchtown's Jones flips commitment to Minnesota

HAMPTON — Dutchtown quarterback Donovahn Jones wants to play quarterback in college, a desire so strong that he flipped his verbal commitment from Missouri to Minnesota on Tuesday.

"The biggest thing is he's going to get a chance to play quarterback," Dutchtown defensive coordinator and associate head coach Terry Herrod said.

Jones committed to Missouri on Sept. 11 following a trip to Columbia, Mo., to see the Tigers play Georgia in their first ever SEC game.

But Herrod said Minnesota never wavered in its pursuit of Jones and its vision to have play quarterback and be the future face of the program.

Stay tuned for more updates from the Henry Daily Herald.

http://www.henryherald.com/news/2013/feb/05/dutchtowns-jones-flips-commitment-minnesota/?sports

Go Gophers!!

Malik Rucker rumors are starting to heat up as well...Let's go Kill and staff reel em in

This is awesome news, although I still hope that Henderson gets an offer as well. I fear that Jones commitment probably takes the spot away from Henderson though. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled about this, I just think that Henderson looks like a real player as well.

waiting for Ryan Burns confirmation before I get too excited.

do you understand how stupid that sounds? there are other people besides people in minnesota that call 17 year olds. links and tweets already confirming.

welcome aboard!!

Malik Rucker rumors are starting to heat up as well...Let's go Kill and staff reel em in

you aren't just referencing his retweet are you? hopefully more substantial than that.

do you understand how stupid that sounds? there are other people besides people in minnesota that call 17 year olds. links and tweets already confirming.

welcome aboard!!

Not stupid at all! Burns has broken almost every recruiting story that involved the Gophers this season. So, as I mentioned, I will taper my excitement until he has confirmed the flip. Burns is very plugged into the program and the Gopher recruits as we all know.

Not stupid at all! Burns has broken almost every recruiting story that involved the Gophers this season. So, as I mentioned I will taper my excitement until he has confirmed since he is very plugged into the program and the Gopher recruits.

LOL, I'll take the word of his HS coach referenced above over any reporter. But that's just me.

Where?!?!

I'm assuming he his referring to a twitter conversation between Vaughn and (I'm assuming from the handle) fellow GHer CalMNFan (or whatever the exact screen name is) where Vaughn says to "stay tuned" and be ready for a "shocker"

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How can this be? What sort of majestical powers does Jones have that despite being from the south he was able to resist the SEC bling?

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI
We've heard that Georgia ATH Donovahn Jones has flipped to #Minnesota from #Mizzou. Working on confirming.

“@RyanBurnsGI: We've heard that Georgia ATH Donovahn Jones has flipped to #Minnesota from #Mizzou. Working on confirming.”

This is awesome news, although I still hope that Henderson gets an offer as well. I fear that Jones commitment probably takes the spot away from Henderson though. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled about this, I just think that Henderson looks like a real player as well.

+1 - thrilled to get Jones, would love Henderson as well. We need athletes on offense, especially at the skill positions.

If he can pass accurately, he'll be a hell of a weapon in our offense.

This is pretty awesome. Two solid QBs in one class, Streveler and Jones.

This is huge. I was saying yesterday that this would really make me like this class. Jones is a heck of a football player. I really like the idea of him getting a real good look at QB. Ideally, he'd be that 2nd QB that Kill loves to use to take some hits off he starter (ala jordan lynch's early years). It's not a Wildcat QB, it's merely a more dominated QB (still throws) who will take some hits off Nelson. Eventually...he could become our full time starter, become a Cain Kolter or switch positions.

On a side note...it's nice to recruit QBs like Jones and Streveler. Both of these guys can play other positions and they will both get looks at QB.

Top Bottom