Do you approve of this hire?

Do you approve of this hire?

• No, i would have preferred someone with more experience.

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Yes, I think this is genius!

Votes: 110 45.8%
  • Not sure, but willing to give him a chance.

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • Fire Teague!

Votes: 8 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Possibly premature but for all intents and purposes, it sounds like Rich Pitino is our new head coach. If so, how do you feel about this hire?

Approve.

Let's let the young man go to work and see what he can do.

Actually really like it.

Think it will win the PC and on the court. Very happy!

#@%&^@ IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

I ,for one, welcome our new Pitino Overlord.

Approve. I think we struck early and he would have been a hot commodity next year

No reason to be butt hurt by it. I'm just thankful it wasn't wojo. Plus pitino will be gone in 4-5 yrs to a better job so whatever im a gopher fan, support the U

Like it alot! Will be nice seeing a fast break run properly and hopefully a full court press. Reaaaallly got sick of watching Gophers standing around on offense looking lost most.of the time.

Like it! Plenty of fuel for optimism!

Go Gophers!

I think its a great move. If he has any success here he will be gone, but that means we will have a successful program. Maybe he will fall in love with the Twin Cites and not want to leave, He will then give us a home town discount and not leave like Johan Santana, Michael Cuddyer, Randy Moss, Brett Farve, Denny Green, etc....

I think its a great move. If he has any success here he will be gone, but that means we will have a successful program. Maybe he will fall in love with the Twin Cites and not want to leave, He will then give us a home town discount and not leave like Johan Santana, Michael Cuddyer, Randy Moss, Brett Farve, Denny Green, etc....

Again, we haven't been stepping-stoned in basketball since 1970.

Awesome ! Great bloodlines Lets hope they show through. Great first season taking over a disaster program and turning it around . Lets hope he can turn the Gopher ship as well as quickly !

Ambitious hire, but obviously light on head coaching experience.

That being said, long live Pitino and Ski-U-Mah.

I don't really like it, to be quite honest. I wish they would have kept Tubby, or gotten an established name. I think we'll have real trouble bringing in the top three recruits. On the other hand, if he is going to be our coach, Pitino will have my 100% support for at least the next few years. This thing could pay off huge. I hope Teague knows what he's doing, and this changes the program.

What the heck - I tought this was an april fool's headline, for his pop. I'm willing to give the son a chance if this is true.

I'm sure if he is successful, the Gophers should have enough resources to keep him long term. I mean unless Rich Pitino really wants to take over for his Father. But to me, it seems like he wants to cast his own shadow, and not be in his father's.

This hire just screams of desperation. Once again Minnesota becomes a training ground for inexperienced coaches. Maybe the boosters will feel like they are giving money to their grandson and help pay for a practice facility.

I like it. Maybe it will be the Pitino Practice Pavillion.

So what if its a training ground, if hes anything like his dad we can mop up the leftovers when he leaves and still be lightyears ahead of where we are now.

Sign him up for a 35 year contract, with inflation the savings should probably pay for the new practice facility!

So what if its a training ground, if hes anything like his dad we can mop up the leftovers when he leaves and still be lightyears ahead of where we are now.

Maybe he will work out, just don't think the Big Ten should be a training ground. Remember as well that sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree(Pat Knight, Sean Sutton, Joey Meyer)

Maybe he will work out, just don't think the Big Ten should be a training ground. Remember as well that sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree(Pat Knight, Sean Sutton, Joey Meyer)

Training ground? He has experience as an assistant in two good programs, and brought FIU its first winning season in a over a decade. Take it easy on the guy

One year HC experience, is that right? Very, very concerned about this hire. Smacks of desperation to me.

Voted not sure, but willing to give him a chance. A week ago, when I had visions of Shaka dancing in my head, this would have been a disappointment. Now that I am back down to earth I like hiring the young up and comer with energy. Let's see what this guy can do!

Knowing this board, and all things considered...I am impressed that through 50 votes, there is a startling lack of negativity.

I'm overall neutral on it. Besides the lack of HC experience it concerns me that if he has success he'll be bolting the first chance he gets. I guess that's something you have to live with when our program is where it is.

Top Bottom