Dennis Evans will not be medically cleared to compete At Lville going forward

There are absolutely posters who would have heaped blame on Johnson for recruiting Evans. There are several posters with an unhealthy dislike of the guy.

Ok. But if 2% of people complain that’s just life. Those are the people that complain about having to drive to Roseville to get their powerball jackpot.

People acting like the majority of fans would be upset about recruiting Evans before this illness was discovered.

Ok. But if 2% of people complain that’s just life. Those are the people that complain about having to drive to Roseville to get their powerball jackpot.

People acting like the majority of fans would be upset about recruiting Evans before this illness was discovered.

Normal, reasonable people wouldn't be upset. We have a 'Ben Johnson is a Disaster' thread full of goons that would find a way to rationalize blaming Johnson though.

Normal, reasonable people wouldn't be upset. We have a 'Ben Johnson is a Disaster' thread full of goons that would find a way to rationalize blaming Johnson though.

To be fair, the Johnson regime has been a disaster. Maybe turning into recovery mode right now. But back to back last place finishes is hard to define any other way. Outside of major scandal he has not checked many of the “positive” boxes prior to this season.

But yeah, people will bitch if they win by 20 because they shot 68% on free throws and the popcorn was cold and Johnson needs to schedule better halftime entertainment.

There are absolutely posters who would have heaped blame on Johnson for recruiting Evans. There are several posters with an unhealthy dislike of the guy.
Don't be silly.

Nobody would blame Johnson for an injury or illness.

However there are absolutely posters who are so desperate for Johnson not to be the disaster he is, they will attribute ridiculous positions to other posters to divert attention away from results.

Don't be silly.

Nobody would blame Johnson for an injury or illness.

However there are absolutely posters who are so desperate for Johnson not to be the disaster he is, they will attribute ridiculous positions to other posters to divert attention away from results.

There are posters that would blame Johnson. The disaster thread posters look for any reason to shit on the guy....warranted on not.

Nah. I have no interest in whining incessantly about a coach in his third year with an improving team.
LOL.
That's exactly what you're doing. Whining about nonexistent fans. Incessantly.

LOL.
That's exactly what you're doing. Whining about nonexistent fans. Incessantly.

Says the guy who gets upset and shitposts when the Gophers win a game. lol.

Show us one such post.

Your first two basketball board posts following the Michigan win:

xwyLrnY.png

lol....you aren't too bright.

To be fair, the Johnson regime has been a disaster. Maybe turning into recovery mode right now. But back to back last place finishes is hard to define any other way. Outside of major scandal he has not checked many of the “positive” boxes prior to this season.

But yeah, people will bitch if they win by 20 because they shot 68% on free throws and the popcorn was cold and Johnson needs to schedule better halftime entertainment.
Haskins lost 17 straight when he first took over. This board would have wanted to run him out of town.

Haskins lost 17 straight when he first took over. This board would have wanted to run him out of town.

Ok? I’m not sure on the relevance.

If you think the first two seasons under Johnson weren’t a disaster that’s great. But also wrong.

This year has been much improved. But in the current state of college sports a good year with young players doesn’t mean you bring them back and try to grow on that.

Ok? I’m not sure on the relevance.

If you think the first two seasons under Johnson weren’t a disaster that’s great. But also wrong.

This year has been much improved. But in the current state of college sports a good year with young players doesn’t mean you bring them back and try to grow on that.
The relevance is that running Haskins out of town would have been a big mistake...and we don't know if Johnson is good or not yet. He's not a disaster for inheriting a dumpster fire.

And if our players get bribed away...that has nothing to do with the coach.

The relevance is that running Haskins out of town would have been a big mistake...and we don't know if Johnson is good or not yet. He's not a disaster for inheriting a dumpster fire.

How did Haskins do in year 2? Terrible. I’m sure fans were upset. Year 3 he was a 11 seed in the tourney. Year 4 a 6 seed. Johnson is on this path. Doesn’t change that year 1 and 2 were disasters.

He didn’t inherit a dumpster fire. He failed to recruit the roster he took over. Then failed to recruit the portal well. Then failed to improve in year 2.

“If” is a big word in your last sentence. Also, bribed by accepting a legal NIL deal?

Has Johnson increased interest and attendance in the team? Because those lead to more booster support and more money for the program and NIL collectives and more sponsors wanting to work with the team.

A 1/3 full arena doesn’t move the needle. Sorry man.

Yeah except college basketball now isn't college basketball in the 80s.

So how long should we wait to know whether a coach is good or not? When do excuses stop being excuses? Players are going to leave every year so do we just throw up our hands and give a coach a pass every time it happens? That is a recipe for disaster.

How did Haskins do in year 2? Terrible. I’m sure fans were upset. Year 3 he was a 11 seed in the tourney. Year 4 a 6 seed. Johnson is on this path. Doesn’t change that year 1 and 2 were disasters.

He didn’t inherit a dumpster fire. He failed to recruit the roster he took over. Then failed to recruit the portal well. Then failed to improve in year 2.

“If” is a big word in your last sentence. Also, bribed by accepting a legal NIL deal?

Has Johnson increased interest and attendance in the team? Because those lead to more booster support and more money for the program and NIL collectives and more sponsors wanting to work with the team.

A 1/3 full arena doesn’t move the needle. Sorry man.
Yeah except college basketball now isn't college basketball in the 80s.

So how long should we wait to know whether a coach is good or not? When do excuses stop being excuses? Players are going to leave every year so do we just throw up our hands and give a coach a pass every time it happens? That is a recipe for disaster.
You don't blast a coach who inherited a dumpster fire until at least Year 3.

Not just Haskins. Fleck too. Us and Central Michigan would have been fools to run him out of town after Year 2.

And players getting bribed away isn't Johnson or Fleck's fault. But regardless, a coach's first 2 years after inheriting a dumpster fire shouldn't be held against him.

Not just Haskins. Fleck too. Us and Central Michigan would have been fools to run him out of town after Year 2.

And players getting bribed away isn't Johnson or Fleck's fault. But regardless, a coach's first 2 years after inheriting a dumpster fire shouldn't be held against him.

I forget you only have one possible take and it’s saying he inserted a dumpster fire.

No other option could be true. It’s amazing he won as much as he did year 1 and 2.

If this year goes south, definitely not Ben’s fault. He’s only had 3 years and took over a dumpster fire (plenty of talent he failed to keep, no sanctions, etc)

back to Evans.

I am not a doctor, but I believe there are some conditions that might not be detected in a standard physical exam, including certain genetic conditions.

maybe someone with more knowledge could chime in - would a D1 program run EKG's on all incoming athletes, for instance? or do an angiogram? how extensive is the medical exam?

in general, these things get detected after some initial problem or symptoms show up. Hank Gathers' heart problems were not detected until he collapsed during a game.

I didn't know that I had coronary artery blockages until I wound up in the hospital after having a heart attack - but I'm no athlete.....

Man you really need to get a job or at least some friends outside of the internet.

I take it you don't know how to use the search function? Didn't realize that the president of my fan club was so slow. :(

I take it you don't know how to use the search function? Didn't realize that the president of my fan club was so slow. :(
Are you saying that you got a job?!?!

That’s awesome. Congrats! Things are gonna turn around for you. I feel it.

Are you saying that you got a job?!?!

That’s awesome. Congrats! Things are gonna turn around for you. I feel it.

Still never got past the first chapter of 'Internet Trolling for Dummies' I see. Thankfully GH is anonymous....so your embarrassment is shielded.

back to Evans.

I am not a doctor, but I believe there are some conditions that might not be detected in a standard physical exam, including certain genetic conditions.

maybe someone with more knowledge could chime in - would a D1 program run EKG's on all incoming athletes, for instance? or do an angiogram? how extensive is the medical exam?

in general, these things get detected after some initial problem or symptoms show up. Hank Gathers' heart problems were not detected until he collapsed during a game.

I didn't know that I had coronary artery blockages until I wound up in the hospital after having a heart attack - but I'm no athlete.....
Being short and Norwegian might have been a clue

You know just cause you repeat things ad nauseum doesn't mean they are true...

Silly me, thinking maybe some additional information had been disseminated about Dennis Evan’s condition only to realize, nope same old shit going on in another thread, sigh.😔

Silly me, thinking maybe some additional information had been disseminated about Dennis Evan’s condition only to realize, nope same old shit going on in another thread, sigh.😔
I know ryt! One of the posters in the current tussle is legendary for never ever capitulating. It is up to the other person to quit. I thought we had all learned our lesson.

Top Bottom