Dennis Evans - Is it time to recommit?

Played in all 5 games...averaging 11 minutes per game...2 points, 1 reb, 1 blocked shot per game
2 wins 3 losses

This is what should be expected of a kid that is 7'2" and 190 pounds in his freshman year. I still like his chances long term and wish we had him for the future.
For our short term, it might not be the worst thing that we don’t need to find him minutes. Long term, if they can get him to be just an average rebounder and be to dunk easy ones, he will help out a program.

The fact that this guy was the crowning jewel of the BJ era is hilarious, can we fire this regime already?
7'1"; Nationally ranked center; At least a 4 star; Took part in a couple of national team developmental programs. Yes, Ben should have grabbed him if he had the chance. There's enough to criticize BJ about without the dumb ass, gleeful piling on.

7'1"; Nationally ranked center; At least a 4 star; Took part in a couple of national team developmental programs. Yes, Ben should have grabbed him if he had the chance. There's enough to criticize BJ about without the dumb ass, gleeful piling on.
He was never a BIG ten prospect, go back I have been saying this since before he "decommitted"

Stand by my original comment

He was never a BIG ten prospect, go back I have been saying this since before he "decommitted"

Stand by my original comment

Guess that makes Ben Johnson as bad at evaluating talent as Bill Self. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't imagine why anyone would be interested enough in verifying your opinion to spend a single minute doing that.

His talent evaluation is mediocre so far. His player development and in game coaching are awful and that is what will get him fired.

We're talking about Dennis Evans. People attacking Johnson for recruiting him is absolutely idiotic. But there is a contingent of Gopherholers that get off on bitching.

We're talking about Dennis Evans. People attacking Johnson for recruiting him is absolutely idiotic. But there is a contingent of Gopherholers that get off on bitching.
It's not Ben's fault but some here ridiculously over-hyped him last year. Gophers lost by 50? Who cares? Dennis Evans is coming!

It's not Ben's fault but some here ridiculously over-hyped him last year. Gophers lost by 50? Who cares? Dennis Evans is coming!

What does that have to do with Johnson evaluating Evans? Or has it been too long since you bitched about something a few minutes ago?

Jumping to Louisville...they won in overtime today at Louisville vs New Mexico St who is in shambles. The refs fouled out 6 (SIX) New Mexico St players forcing them to play with four guys and lose by 6 in OT.
Louisville had 2 guys with 4 fouls, 3 guys with 2 fouls, 2 guys with 1 and the other 4 guys zero fouls. No, it doesn't have to be even but it sure looks like home cookin'.
New Mexico St shot 58.3% from the field and lost.
Evans played 3 minutes with zeros across the board.
Louisville shot 19 free throws in overtime. Nineteen!! They were an 8 point favorite but only won by 6.... so there is that.

Last edited:

There were a couple of guys so high on Evans that his decommitment made them reconsider their fandom. They could handle winning 1 out of every 12 big ten games and find the positive in it, but losing Dennis Evans chsnged everything.

Top Bottom