Danny B and KFAN ripping on GopherHole, names posters

I know people in the journalism community and they say it is well known that Danny B left the strib because he wouldn't check sources. He just wrote what he thought would get a rise out of people in hopes of becoming well known enough to get an offer from ESPN.

My normal disclaimer: I will correct when blatant false statements are written. Dan left the Strib on his own. He does very well for himself and decided to take a solo KFAN offer. I think, at least financially, it has worked out just fine.

Housed by Iceland? Really. I don't know who my Dad is? That doesn't even make sense. What is that supposed to mean? Is that supposed to insinuate that my father is a dead beat that left my Mom when I was a kid? Is it supposed to mean I'm adopted? I don't get it.

Quite sensative aren't we? The way you are defending Barriero makes me wonder if you just might be him.

Doogie, I may have been a critic in the past, but nice job on KSTP so far. I know you support the Gophers and it's good to see someone so inclined in a position of control within the market.

And that was sentiment I had prior to Barreiro's debacle on KFAN today. Keep up the good work. :)

I am passionate about the Gophers ... that doesn't mean that I will always agree with what is going on, especially on the football side. I just attempt to back-up most/all my takes with some fact. It irritates me as well when that is not done nearly enough, heck sometimes at all.

Doogs....I am Ron Burgundy in the fantasy football league....check out my thread and cause please

My normal disclaimer: I will correct when blatant false statements are written. Dan left the Strib on his own. He does very well for himself and decided to take a solo KFAN offer. I think, at least financially, it has worked out just fine.

Doogie is a shill for his KFAN buddies. There are tons if idiots who have made out financially in radio, So what? Barreiro has little man's syndrome. He likes to rip people like a high school bully, but he can't stand any heat himself. He talks plenty of Gopher sports, all of it bad. There is a mature way to criticize MN football and there is Barreiro's way. It is personal with him and if you can't admit it, you are no better than he is.

Doogie is a shill for his KFAN buddies. There are tons if idiots who have made out financially in radio, So what? Barreiro has little man's syndrome. He likes to rip people like a high school bully, but he can't stand any heat himself. He talks plenty of Gopher sports, all of it bad. There is a mature way to criticize MN football and there is Barreiro's way. It is personal with him and if you can't admit it, you are no better than he is.

Look, I love this site. I go to this site about 100 time a day. I gave and will continue to give money to this site because it hooks me up with info I can get nowhere else.

That said, Barreiro did more for the site than any amount I would ever give. His little rant gave this site $1,000s of dollars worth of free pub. I'm not going to carp about that.

Is Dan B. an idiot? No. He's a smart, smart dude. Do I agree with him? No. But that's OK too.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner!

I haven't listened to him in 6 years. Suggest you do the same.

Baiting is the oldest trick in the book in talk radio and it's the worst form of radio I can think of. Bald Dan makes a living ticking people off. If you listen, you're enabling a pathetic man. Would you give a drug addict free reign of a pharmacy's inventory? No. You lock them out.

Don't listen to him and his opinions based on getting rating and not based on facts.

I think this is a ploy by him to get Gopherholers to tune into his program. He understands that via fame or imfamy, either way, he gets attention.

Ignoring him is the thing to do. Giving him attention and even worse tuning into his program only feeds this troll.

Wow....I never realized how many trolls were on this board....Nadine, your doing a good job with the ammo you have.....I couldn't deal with all of these drunk skunks and pigeyes on a daily basis

I did not realize that the local media actually paid any attention to us. After learning that Danny B. gets material from us I will be sure to listen to his web streamed show so that I can criticize his commentary and get my 5 minutes of fame. A guy this thin skinned will surely be easy to insult.

Dan Barriero did the worst thing he ever could have done in regards to the Minnesota football program. He gave us, at GH, credibility. This is a small victory for every one of the members of this site.

sportsfan24, thank you for your ongoing vocal support of this program. I have silently disagreed on some things you say, but the picture you paint of Brewster and how he works for these kids has been a ball. That's why any disagreement on my part has been silent:D

I think I remember reading DB when he first came to town. Caustic. Not prone to factual accuracy. Whatever people will either love or hate, just the cheap, easy to do stuff. Very little insight. Sounds like the same thing I hear when I wander across his show on you know where. Guess it works, but not for me. Stopped reading him after a handful of articles when he arrived. My home town radio station traded Sporting News Radio for this KFAN pile of nonsense. At first I thought it would be great to spend a few hours a day listening to sports from a MN perspective. You all know how that turned out. Now it's hit the scan, KFAN comes up, listen to see who's on because I don't keep track of their program times and then move on down the dial.

Thats the only thing you can correct in this thread, Doogie?......LMAO

Some guy on Kfan posted this and I heard it also.

This was in a 10 minute span when little danny was talking on gopher signing day.

1. They said Minnesota had no 4 star recruits.......wrong, they had 2

2. They said weber had regressed once brewster was brought in........ah, brewster has always been his coach. The clown azzez thought weber had worked under a different coach.

3. The iowa clown, who is his sidekick, then went on about how great ferentz did because he took his 2006 class to the orange bowl. That class was ranked low. Thats what happens when you coach them up was the cry. After the iowa guy said this, danny piled on with it too. Ah, 2005 and 2007 were the core of that iowa team, but they went with ferentz's low ranked 2006 class. The 2007 class was ranked 11th in the country and the 2005 class was ranked very high also. Almost there entire starters were 2005 and 2007. The sad part is I don't think those clowns know they even pulled a fast one on that. Barreiro had no clue what he said or what just happened, he just went with the iowa guy.

4. Then they focused on our 11th ranked recruiting class in the big 10 because that's where scout has us. Nevermind that the recruiting service that most everyone uses(rivals) has us ranked 6th in the conference right next to iowa and ahead of wisconsin. It didn't fit the agenda. Then again, maybe Danny has never heard of rivals. When you are busy solving the worlds political problems etc, you don't have much time for stuff like recruiting services.

5. Then they quickly hit on royce white and how they kind of feel for tubby and how tubby needs another year or two to get the program totally running when he has been here the same time as brewster.

6. One guys name they did know was Beau Allen. Man was it a travesty that we didnt get him. We just cant lose a guy like him to a rival like Wisconsin. They could understand losing a guy like Henderson, but not the number 5 guy in the state Beau Allen. There was no mention or knowledge of the fact that both of Allens parents were University of Wisconsin alums. There was also no mention of the fact the gophers got the number 2 ranked player out of wisconsin(parish). Hilarious

This was in 10-15 minutes. Just one dumbazz statement after the next. This is what roystons dad is talking about. If you don't know a dam thing about the subject, stick with politics and movies.

I actually listen once in a while for the entertainment value of it. There is nothing better than listening to guys talk sports who know nothing about the material.

One thing we could maybe do someday to help danny out is come up with a nickname for him: sludge, common, formerly doogie.....DANNY NEEDS A MONIKER!

By the way Danny.......I don't want to get into rankings too much because you can make them say whatever you want, but your "sunday mornings sermon show" against Sid Hartmann is a ratings friggin nightmare for you. I know you can't stand Sid, but he owns you in this town. Sid has never once talked on his show about you like you do about him.

I will still listen once in a while Dan for the insights....LMAO

I don't think you can properly read.

The problem people have is not airtime, it's getting the FACTS right and doing their research.

Bingo. And this is why I will continue to rip Barreiro until he gets his facts correct. If he's down on the program and everything associated with the University, then fine. If he actually presented documented facts that reinforced his viewpoints, then I wouldn't have a problem. But as has been shown on here multiple times, he doesn't even bother. And as long as that continues, I'll rip him a new one every time because he definitely deserves it.

Woohoo! We managed to get under their skins! Which doesn't take a whole lot, admittedly. And here I thought that I was fairly moderate - I didn't attack them personally, I just thought they knew little, didn't care to know anything, cherry pick in order to talk smack and don't care to provide informed and honest coverage.

On another note, this is how I feel as well. I've actually been pretty moderate in my criticism of KFAN and have almost never mentioned Barreiro on this forum. But again, what should we expect? All I ask is for some accurate facts to be reported and there rarely are as it relates to Gopher sports. Until that happens, criticism will be well founded, regardless of how it ruffles old Danny's feathers.

It's on a different scale, but I'm willing to bet there's a message board or two out there that goes out of its way to point out every mistake or inaccuracy that a guy like Hannity or Limbaugh makes on their radio programs. Can you fathom a scenario where one of those guys would devote any of their airtime to a tinkling contest with a bunch of posters on a message board?

GoldTeam -- Many of the takes are opinions ... may not agree completely, but won't counter those ... and I don't disagree that it would be nice when ripping the program, which I do regularly, if they had some facts ... If KFAN wants to rip, I say rip away, but make sure you know how many 4-star kids they got, or how to pronounce Gjere, etc.

GoldTeam -- Many of the takes are opinions ... may not agree completely, but won't counter those ... and I don't disagree that it would be nice when ripping the program, which I do regularly, if they had some facts ... If KFAN wants to rip, I say rip away, but make sure you know how many 4-star kids they got, or how to pronounce Gjere, etc.

Again, spot on. Couldn't have said it any better. And if holding this viewpoint gets folks like myself called out on the air, then so be it.

Dan Barriero did the worst thing he ever could have done in regards to the Minnesota football program. He gave us, at GH, credibility. This is a small victory for every one of the members of this site.

sportsfan24, thank you for your ongoing vocal support of this program. I have silently disagreed on some things you say, but the picture you paint of Brewster and how he works for these kids has been a ball. That's why any disagreement on my part has been silent:D

Thank you, it's cool to call me out if you disagree with something I say. I'm not perfect and neither or my opinions.:)

Not very important. What will be his legacy? Sid is loved by houndreds of thousands of people, probably millions, doing the same job as Dan. Dan will be forgotten as soon as he is gone, so I would say it has not worked out for him.

Is Dan's listenership dumb doogie?

Do they have to be told every day that the gopher football program has sucked? I think we got it.

And I asked a question a while back Doogie when you were apparently out of town and it was directed at you.

The question was this: both are in year 3, how can tubby finish 7th in the big last year just like brewster did, and how can tubby be 4-5 this year and brewster 3-5, yet brewster sucks and tubby is God

any chance barrerio goes after tubby or you yourself?....tubby makes way more money, is supposed to be big-time, and has done nothing more than brewster has

Barrerio doesnt have the balls to go after tubby and neither do you.

Of course, many of my takes on this are opinions.....LMAO

By the way doogie, you aren't aware of this, but PA actually apologized on air for his gopher takes during signing day the next day. He was acting like as big of an idiot as barrerio that day. His takes may have been worse.I was laughing the whole segment.

It has to be great to run a sports show and know nothing about the sports show topics......and still rant for days on it.

Does anyone know if there is a site where I can listen to Barriero's segment about GH?

how do you mispronounce a name when you have never heard the name before in your life?

When I was there, KFAN had the most the listeners in the $70,000+ a year financial bracket, so doubtful on the ton of unintelligent listeners ... on Tubby, I would presume that Dan has gone at him, at least I hope so, but Tubby, based on his past, is many miles above Brew ... that doesn't mean he is without criticism ... this year has been a disappointment after his top-9 scorers returned from last year's team.

I was told it was Conzemius, who was on with PA, that mispronounced Gjere's name.

Top Bottom