Danny B and KFAN ripping on GopherHole, names posters

When I was there, KFAN had the most the listeners in the $70,000+ a year financial bracket, so doubtful on the ton of unintelligent listeners ... on Tubby, I would presume that Dan has gone at him, at least I hope so, but Tubby, based on his past, is many miles above Brew ... that doesn't mean he is without criticism ... this year has been a disappointment after his top-9 scorers returned from last year's team.

Dan doesnt touch tubby and neither do you!

They have both produced the same here at Minnesota.

Brewster is the easy target so you both go after him.

It's 100 shouts a week on ripping brewster and nothing on Tubby. You won't touch tubby Doogie.

That's all I need to know about either one of you.

When I was there, KFAN had the most the listeners in the $70,000+ a year financial bracket, so doubtful on the ton of unintelligent listeners ... on Tubby, I would presume that Dan has gone at him, at least I hope so, but Tubby, based on his past, is many miles above Brew ... that doesn't mean he is without criticism ... this year has been a disappointment after his top-9 scorers returned from last year's team.

Who cares what he did before. He is the Gopher coach now.

Hey, I like the Common Man, Gopher sports is not KFAN's specialty, acknowledge this and let it be. They are fairly up to date on the professional teams in the cities. As far as recruiting strength goes, they are probably repeating what others are saying and in reality who really knows how it is going to turn out. Nothing is going to be known for a couple of years anyway. All it takes is six or seven successful recruits and you have a pretty good class.

I guess teenage sports celebrities aren't the only ones that say stupid things that get on the air once in a while,

I was told it was Conzemius, who was on with PA, that mispronounced Gjere's name.

Conzemius had to come on because PA knows nothing about the subject.

The quote "number one" station in the country doesnt have one guy one air that can name the top gopher recruit. It's amazing they call it a sports station.

Way to deflect it to conzemius.

I listened to the recruiting stuff on KFan for one hour on recruiting day and the stuff they presented as facts was nothing short of laughable

misprounouncing gjere was way, way, way, down the list

wow

Its funny how this thread blew up...not because of Danny B..but because Art Vandelay alt tabbed from his other 10 windows onto GH to push some buttons. Kudos Art Vandelay, kudos. :clap:

Its safe to say that we are all happy that AV has no kids of its own. We don't need CJ Phonebook Jr running around here....

If anything Tubby should be getting more criticism because with his resume there shouldn't be any learning on the job excuse.

If anything Tubby should be getting more criticism because with his resume there shouldn't be any learning on the job excuse.

That's what a normal, rational human would think.

but the attacks by KFAN on brewster are personal, so throw normal and rational out the window.

Dan Barrerio and PA have never heard of Jimmy Gjere and yet they can discuss gopher recruiting. As Danny loves to say, "YOU CANT MAKE IT UP!"

I will be done now but in summation, danny and KFAN are a joke.

GoldTeam -- Many of the takes are opinions ... may not agree completely, but won't counter those ... and I don't disagree that it would be nice when ripping the program, which I do regularly, if they had some facts ... If KFAN wants to rip, I say rip away, but make sure you know how many 4-star kids they got, or how to pronounce Gjere, etc.
Maybe it's Dan's opinion that you have zero?? Scout says you have 1. 0..1..2..is not that big of a deal is it? Brewster's classes are going down hill linearly and there is no refuting this fact, so why pick at the difference in opinions over the number of 4*s in the class?? Until Brewster either shuts up and/or wins, the heat is only going to go up no matter what gopherhole says or does or how many times you call in.

Who the hell produces shows at KFAN? The topic of discussion on this thread actually was examined and felt to be worthy of air time? No wonder they're going down the ratings drain.
As for the difference in how Tubby and Brew are treated by the media, the standard response is that Tubby's won a NC so he has credibility and Brew has no experience so therefore he doesn't. As a lifelong Gopher BB fan and a more recent Gopher FB fan I say that Tubby's been a bigger disappointment because the expectations should naturally be higher with a proven coach. I look at the FB and BB teams and truly feel the direction of the teams are going in the opposite directions and that surprises me, given the backgrounds of the two coaches.

If you really want to get Dan B to read this site, post a thread about some juicy JFK grassy knoll conspiracy.

Who the hell produces shows at KFAN? The topic of discussion on this thread actually was examined and felt to be worthy of air time? No wonder they're going down the ratings drain.
As for the difference in how Tubby and Brew are treated by the media, the standard response is that Tubby's won a NC so he has credibility and Brew has no experience so therefore he doesn't. As a lifelong Gopher BB fan and a more recent Gopher FB fan I say that Tubby's been a bigger disappointment because the expectations should naturally be higher with a proven coach. I look at the FB and BB teams and truly feel the direction of the teams are going in the opposite directions and that surprises me, given the backgrounds of the two coaches.

Exactly right. Why doesn't Barreiro point out that we should expect more from Tubby since he is an experienced coach with a great resume? Why doesn't he rip the job he has done? I'll tell you why, because he knows it would make him look bad. Simple as that. Fairness is not an issue with Barreiro.

Maybe it's Dan's opinion that you have zero?? Scout says you have 1. 0..1..2..is not that big of a deal is it? Brewster's classes are going down hill linearly and there is no refuting this fact, so why pick at the difference in opinions over the number of 4*s in the class?? Until Brewster either shuts up and/or wins, the heat is only going to go up no matter what gopherhole says or does or how many times you call in.

This kind of ignorant nonsense is too common here. "Linearly" Oh, nice, but not the problem. That would be yet another recruiting expert who hasn't yet figured out that everything about any recruiting class can be refuted until its members are upperclassmen and we know its impact on the program. See? That's the great thing about recruiting boards. You can say whatever foolish thing you want and hardly ever be wrong.

I love all the people in the thread who claim, "I never listen, but...." Like hell you aren't listening to KFAN. You know everything that was said on the show, but you don't listen?

I actually can't stand Barreiro, but you people are playing right into what KFAN wants.

I love all the people in the thread who claim, "I never listen, but...." Like hell you aren't listening to KFAN. You know everything that was said on the show, but you don't listen?

I actually can't stand Barreiro, but you people are playing right into what KFAN wants.

I've listened for a total of 15 minutes in the last 6 months (PA's Brewster rant and Signing Day). Even then the only reason why I did listen is because someone told me to check it out.

There are plenty of posters here who have never claimed to not listen, so don't just mix them all together.

I actually can't stand Barreiro, but you people are playing right into what KFAN wants

You're right about "playing into their hands", nearly ever action movie has the hero willingly "walking into a trap".:) You're probably wrong about everybody listening to DB's show. If you read the posts in this thread , the vast major of them are "commenting on comments".

I listen to KFAN every morning, have since the Bob Yates days. I even listened to the Common Family, but can't listen to his "stand alone" show. Use to listen to Hartman/Barreio never liked them separately, I couldn't take them on their own shows. From October to early January I tuned in Barrerio's show, vowing to turn it off when he started dogging Gophers.

Seven straight times over the 90 plus days I tuned in at different times, twice even on the Sunday show, every time he was in the process, or within five minutes of tuning in, Barrerio got into ripping them and often Brewster on a personal level! Actually the number of times I tuned in was more then seven straight, I only started counting after I became irritated by his obsession.

Then I quit cold turkey.

I like to listen to comedy and sports on the radio so I listen to Dan Patrick and Tony Kornheiser, who back now, both on the web. I would never tell anybody to listen to KFAN after 9:00 am. What's odd about Barreio, among other things, is he says that the Gophers haven't earned any coverage. Yet he gives it to them all the time, nothing that you'd like to hear...

I'd recommend talking and bitching about the guy all the time. Just one suggestion:

NEVER ever click on their website.:drink:

My beef with both PA and Dan is that they both feely admit to not going to a Gopher games. Hardly, if ever. PA said just last week he hasn't been since Kris Humprhies was here. REALLY? He hasn't been down to see Tubby at all in 2.5 years? I know he is busy in February with Canterbury and the Vikings (not), but find a a night to down there and then offer some insight. Just flat out lazy juco journalism.

Sludge, Lakes, PA are all informed broadcasters that I like to listen to when they are on the air. Common and Dan B are annoying but they do admit that there is more to their shows then just sports, and I can respect that even though I don't really enjoy their shows.

This is on the hoops board, but I thought I'd make sure everyone over here sees this little gem.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/341217-props-to-barreiro-for-courage

Funny, this guy is a well known troll. Taken from a White Sox message board from '07:

"He is a lovely human being, of dubious genetic origins, who hates the Sox, anything Chicago and claims to be a Twins’ fan. He also quotes his “mommy” and trolls the web looking to flame any and all who disagree with him. Oh, and his major selling point? He is a HUGE fan of F***tard."

Also here he is "apologizing" for his message board trolling. He also came to the rescue of Jay Marriatti for some reason:

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/index.php?title=My_Side_of_the_Story#end

While watching the Gopher Hoops game at a friends house, he asked if I knew that Danny B ripped on my little cult (he doesn't care enough about the Gophers to read this site. He thinks it is cult like which brings up the question...who is our leader?-more about that below). I said I know all about it, but didn't actually hear the rant. He pulled it up from the Kfan site if anyone is interested in exactly what was said. Very impressed with cable-internet service by the way-took about two seconds to stream. Here is what I heard.

Dan opened with the predictable, "some site called Gopherhole..." He has mentioned the site numerous times in the past but pretended it is new to him. Called us clowns and cowards. Cowards for not using our real names. Funny, but that is how message boards work. Mentioned some of us, but had to spell out mine. Not that hard---tiki ted. Well, it seems I do use my real name.

Actually mentioned our main concern: We want more informed discussion on Gopher Football. Then he strangely couldn't find any of our posts. Fumbled around and switched directions completely. Said that isn't really what we want. What we really want is more sugar. Meaning-we want nothing but good news about the team. Said he knows this by emails he has received. No more mention of GH. Not sure how some random emails mean anything to the threads here, but that is how he avoided the main concern.

He ranted on about the PA and Brewster drama a few weeks ago as he put it. Wasn't it several months ago? He then went on to Mr. Henderson and how "we" told Dan that Brewster's contract would take care of that issue. Again, not sure how the threads on GH have anything to do with that?

Next was the recruiting day crap. Said he brought Mason on, but I got bored and turned it off. There might have been more, but I really did lose interest quickly. Oh, he also brought up the fact that when teams are losing he doesn't have much to say. He doesn't want to repeat the same old stuff over and over. We all know that is a lie. Losing gives him more ammo.

In all, it wasn't that big of a rant. He lied a little more. He avoided the real question/concern. More thin-skinned stuff more than anything.

Now on to the "Cult" aspect. If this is a cult, who is our glorious leader? My first thought was: JohnnyGopher. Think about it. He rarely comes here to discuss issues, but when he does, we all take it as the truth and nothing but the truth. A very mysterious and low-key leader. Where does he come from? How does he know so much? Why do we follow his info. so?? Either him or Schnoodler.

Did he pronounce my name correctly?? Tiki Ted. I'll be sooo angry if he didn't:clap:

I'm like totally famous now.

You have arrived! Remind me to get your autograph the next time I see you!

Sorry. Figured you were found here.

My bad.

No way is Art that cute!

I am passionate about the Gophers ... that doesn't mean that I will always agree with what is going on, especially on the football side. I just attempt to back-up most/all my takes with some fact. It irritates me as well when that is not done nearly enough, heck sometimes at all.

This is something I don't think a lot of posters understand. Doogie has become one of my friends, and we talk Gophers a lot. He is a fan, he went to the U, he gets upset when the lose (like we all do), and I don't think he'd spend this much time on them if he didn't love them. However, just because we love the Gophs, doesn't mean we can't see flaws. I always find it humorous when he gets ripped here, when most of the time, he's pointing out something factual. I too, love my team, but there is a lot of things we can improve upon with Gopher Athletics.

I actually am not. I don't listen to any AM radio - except I have one station programmed in my car, so I can listen to Tubby's interview after the games. I drive about 1000 miles a week, and don't get any sleep - so I need music to keep me awake. You can even ask Bleed, when he texted me and said that GH was being talked about on KFAN, I asked him which station it was...he thought I was joking. With that being said, they were saying a lot of realistic things - there isn't a great following for Gopher Football. You could see that by attending any of our last 4 home games. It's sad, and we don't like to admit, but it's true. It will change once we start winning, obviously.

Goldteam - just take a look on the bball board, there is plenty of criticism of Tubby. There is not nearly as much, and I know people will debate this, but the two had very different impacts on their teams. Brew came into a bowl team (I know, everyone will say there was no talent left) and took them 1-11. Tubby took a team that was 3-13 in the BT, to a 20 win season the 1st year. He took them to the Tourney the next year. This year, it has obviously been more drama than a soap opera...and Brew has had a similar performance this year. Either way, I'm not calling for more people to give more heat to coaches, I would like less of it.

The truth about KFAN and certainly Bald Dan is that they control the conversation on the station. Bald Dan wakes up in the morning with an idea of which segment of the population he can tick off today to drive up ratings (pathetic, I know) and then fields calls from the opposing view only to cut them off or hang up the line. Then Bald Dan can give his erroneous opinion in a controlled environment without the previous caller countering with facts regarding the topic at hand.

Think about that for a second...imagine you have an argument with your significant other and you can press the mute button at any time you please. That's power and if you're as jaded as Bald Dan, you thrive off of it. That's why baiting talk radio is the worst kind that exists. It's always one-sided and the on air personality really has to live in a warped existance to accept it as their occupation.

This nails it. He does this frequently when a knowledgeable person comes on with facts and firsthand knowledge. He pulled this on SportsFan of all people the other day.

That said, I've had it. We need a fair and balanced sports station that actually has knowledge on the topics they're discussing. I'm done with KSUCK.

Guys who make their living bitching and moaning about the lives and performances of public and semi-public people are bitching about the criticism they are receiving on a free website dedicated to what they consider is a team not even worthy of their contempt?

They're really doing that? On the air?

Beautiful. Really how could you make this kind of stuff up? :clap::clap:

Absolutely the exact observation that needed to be made here, Iceland.

I can't wait to watch the media in this town pull a 180 when the Gophs finally turn things around.

I can't wait to watch the media in this town pull a 180 when the Gophs finally turn things around.

I seriously don't believe sometimes how dumb sports fans are on this forum. Of course the media would be all over the gophers if they started to win, THATS HOW IT WORKS. (especaillay in MN where is is fair weather fans all the way) The media covers winning teams, and teams that are relevant, PERIOD. Only in small college towns will the university team that isn't winning be talked about in their off season, or will they still be relevant if they cannot win. One of the great things about the U, and is the reason that most people came here is the fact that it is in a huge city with many options. IF you wanted to have the college town appeal you would of gone to a school in a college TOWN!!!!!

I seriously don't believe sometimes how dumb sports fans are on this forum. Of course the media would be all over the gophers if they started to win, THATS HOW IT WORKS. (especaillay in MN where is is fair weather fans all the way) The media covers winning teams, and teams that are relevant, PERIOD. Only in small college towns will the university team that isn't winning be talked about in their off season, or will they still be relevant if they cannot win. One of the great things about the U, and is the reason that most people came here is the fact that it is in a huge city with many options. IF you wanted to have the college town appeal you would of gone to a school in a college TOWN!!!!!

This guy gets it!

Top Bottom