Coyle: “I did not come to Minnesota to be .500.”

Nobody has ever claimed it's easy...anywhere.
Yes it is. It is about evaluation and fit. Many fans pay so much attention but the data reveals that 6-7 schools gobble up those 25. Half of those 25 get clearly out played by dozens of so called 4 stars and many 4 stars get out played by 3 stars. Then there is the whole thing about building a program versus a one year team. The right coach will do all of these very well.

Yes it is. It is about evaluation and fit. Many fans pay so much attention but the data reveals that 6-7 schools gobble up those 25. Half of those 25 get clearly out played by dozens of so called 4 stars and many 4 stars get out played by 3 stars. Then there is the whole thing about building a program versus a one year team. The right coach will do all of these very well.
I respect this. Just because, what seems easy for someone who's great at it is still damn near impossible for someone who isn't.

I respect this. Just because, what seems easy for someone who's great at it is still damn near impossible for someone who isn't.
Like anything else. Some are good at something, few are great, most are average or below.

Top Bottom