College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

Makaih Williams - Seem like a good get to backup Hawkins and give Asuma some time to develop. I do really like the future potential with Asuma, but think the first year of big 10 ball is going to be a little tougher than HS class A ball. Be nice to get another PG whom after next year can be a pair with Asuma for a few years.
Who cares that he’s been playing Class A ball. He’s played a lot more high-level AAU in recent years.

Committed to Pitino and then go out of his LOI when he was fired, right?

Correct. Went to Wichita State, maybe because he prepped in Wichita (at Sunrise) and preferred to stay in the area. I would have preferred him over Treyton. He's been a pretty decent player for them although he was demoted to the bench in midyear after starting all of last year. Maybe that and the fact that Wichita State hasn't done anything lately prompted him to transfer.

the transfer situation depends on how many openings there are on the roster - and at which positions?

I do not see Johnson as the kind of guy who would run players off. if players have eligibility remaining and want to return, they will be here. so any openings would have to come from players who leave. and that brings us back to the primary question? Who stays and who leaves?

let's say they're looking at Morgan as the Jack Wilson replacement. can he/will he get more playing time than Wilson did? (It would be hard to get less.....)

I'm a fan of this kid, 6-10 post averaged 13.3 points on 47.1% 3P this season and 5 boards, from Wisconsin. Got a Gopher offer out of high school and just entered the portal. Could contribute.

I saw him earlier. Doesn't look like a bad prospect. He's listed at 210 lbs., skinny for 6 foot 10, but he probably weighs more than that now.

let's say they're looking at Morgan as the Jack Wilson replacement. can he/will he get more playing time than Wilson did? (It would be hard to get less.....)

Well, he averaged 23 minutes per game at NDSU (more in the latter part of the season). I have serious doubts that NDSU would have allowed Jack Wilson play 23 minutes per game. Morgan was second team All Summit League despite only averaging 23 minutes per game. He's a pretty good shooter for big man. I think the kid likely has improved considerably since you saw him in high school.

I'm a fan of this kid, 6-10 post averaged 13.3 points on 47.1% 3P this season and 5 boards, from Wisconsin. Got a Gopher offer out of high school and just entered the portal. Could contribute.
Friend of mine lives in Waukasha and told me about him when he was in high school. Thought he was headed to a blue-blood school and then he had a heart attack on the court (I want to say working out) and they had to defibrillate him on the court. He came back his senior year and played. Good story. Seems like he's had a good career.

Friend of mine lives in Waukasha and told me about him when he was in high school. Thought he was headed to a blue-blood school and then he had a heart attack on the court (I want to say working out) and they had to defibrillate him on the court. He came back his senior year and played. Good story. Seems like he's had a good career.
Crazy story. His mom saved his life. https://www.athleticbusiness.com/op...etball-player-defies-odds-post-cardiac-arrest

Wonder why he only played in 17 games this season? Last game was January 24th

Top Bottom