College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

Yeah. He's not very good. I don't think many P6 teams would want him, especially those serious about winning, at least not as a starter.
I agree. He was the third best guard at New Mexico.

Makaih Williams - Seem like a good get to backup Hawkins and give Asuma some time to develop. I do really like the future potential with Asuma, but think the first year of big 10 ball is going to be a little tougher than HS class A ball. Be nice to get another PG whom after next year can be a pair with Asuma for a few years.

I agree. He was the third best guard at New Mexico.

Can't say I ever missed him. Well, maybe when I was watching Taurus Samuels last season. I guess it's fitting that he was linked to Richard for so long: they both had their way paved by more illustrious fathers.

Yeah. He's not very good. I don't think many P6 teams would want him, especially those serious about winning, at least not as a starter.
When he's hitting his shot, he's decent. He doesn't bring a whole lot when he isn't hitting his shot.

You cannot have enough guards who can handle the ball and shoot. I think he gets serious run at a P6 school. In some ways, he's ideal. The blue blood type schools are looking for solid pieces to play along side their blue chip pieces and they tend to like guys who don't take up scholarships for too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if ended up at Kentucky who is going to make a concerted effort to get older.

Looks like Andrew Morgan only has one more year? Originally had an offer from Iowa out of high school. I think we should lock him up if we can. He would contribute more than Ihnen, and odds of JOJ, Garcia, and Fox all returning are slim. Of course the South Dakota State guy would be a bigger get, but looks like he could play anywhere.

I remember when a guy could get a Poor Man's Martini (forgot the ounces but it was basically a big assed mug of beer with olives) for $2 at the Zorbaz in DL. Now I would need to take out a loan.
Plenty of NIL opportunity there.
DL is prime NDSU country :(

Who are you going to get? Who wants to transfer and watch Payne play 30 minutes..
Yep.

Same thing with football, they wanted to get a guy with 1 or 2 years left to transfer in ... to be basically the backup QB for this coming fall. Had a guy from Fresno before he realized "what the hell am I doing, they already gave the job to Max??"

Yep.

Same thing with football, they wanted to get a guy with 1 or 2 years left to transfer in ... to be basically the backup QB for this coming fall. Had a guy from Fresno before he realized "what the hell am I doing, they already gave the job to Max??"
The priority guys Ben brings in usually see similar or increased minutes at Minnesota, even when going up a level.

Elijah Hawkins went from 29.6 at Howard to 33.3
Talon Cooper went from 33.9 at Morehead State to 36.7 here (and back to 33.7 at South Carolina)
Mike Mitchell dropped from 33.6 on a 9-22 Pepperdine team to 29.7 here
Luke Loewe went from 36.0 at William and Mary to 35.0 here
Payton Willis went from 34.4 at Charleston to 36.3 here
EJ Stephens went from 32.4 at Lafayette to 31.9 here
Dawson Garcia went from 20.6 at UNC to 31.8 here (obviously a different situation)

Andrew Morgan was playing 23.2 minutes per game at NDSU. And if you look at his game log, his role grew throughout the season. He averaged 28 minutes in February and March.

I am guessing he would be a ~20 minutes per game guy here, basically splitting time with Payne at the 5 and occasional work at the 4 (behind Garcia?)

Elijah Hawkins went from 29.6 at Howard to 33.3

Mike Mitchell dropped from 33.6 on a 9-22 Pepperdine team to 29.7 here
These are outstanding stories, let along the contributions they made.

I honestly just think we need to keep trying to mine these kinds of wells.

Really surprised at no Gophers in the portal yet. No one in it?

Just checked On3 and none are listed yet. Someone must be leaving because, according to what was posted here yesterday, Andrew Morgan is visiting on Thursday. Based on what he has said in interviews late in the season, Fox may be the most likely candidate but he would be leaving college basketball rather than entering the portal.

Top Bottom